Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #43
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
Yeah, I install it myself with the help of my buddy (he has every tool imaginable lol) so thanks for all the tips.

I really love the sound of it from all the videos I've seen, so I'm hoping it sounds even better in person. Can't wait

That's disappointing to hear about the Injen CAI in terms of performance. Was hoping for a bit of a power increase with it, but I guess an increase of MPG is still good lol

Nah, don't worry about it. Love your posts, very helpful! Thank you!!
Sounds way better in person than on the clips, also I think it sounds way better in the car then on the video also. I have yet to have someone else do a drive by so I can hear it from outside other then from firing it up with the auto start and hearing it at idle. Sounds awesome in the summer with the windows down.

Now don't get me wrong on an improvement in performance on the CAI, you may be able to notice it, but I really didn't notice, as said it has 323 HP already. When mine arrived it had been a few days prior since I had been out and done a full throttle run so when I got home and it was waiting for me I went straight into the garage and put it on. I then went out and did a full throttle run. Well this is when it is hard to tell if there is a boost in performance when you haven't run it hard in a few days then install it. I seen on this site that on a 2010 they had a dyno list of different CAI's and CAI inc and Injen were neck in neck at just over 15 HP with CAI Inc edging out Injen by a couple tenths. Well the Injen is over $100 cheaper and that is one of the reason I did it. Maybe if you have a stop watch and a country tar road with barely any traffic mark out approximately 1/4 mile and time it before install and then try again after install. I would even be curious of the results. Granted it may only be tenths of a second quicker but might be more noticeable if you do a hard run before and then after.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #44
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Sounds way better in person than on the clips, also I think it sounds way better in the car then on the video also. I have yet to have someone else do a drive by so I can hear it from outside other then from firing it up with the auto start and hearing it at idle. Sounds awesome in the summer with the windows down.

Now don't get me wrong on an improvement in performance on the CAI, you may be able to notice it, but I really didn't notice, as said it has 323 HP already. When mine arrived it had been a few days prior since I had been out and done a full throttle run so when I got home and it was waiting for me I went straight into the garage and put it on. I then went out and did a full throttle run. Well this is when it is hard to tell if there is a boost in performance when you haven't run it hard in a few days then install it. I seen on this site that on a 2010 they had a dyno list of different CAI's and CAI inc and Injen were neck in neck at just over 15 HP with CAI Inc edging out Injen by a couple tenths. Well the Injen is over $100 cheaper and that is one of the reason I did it. Maybe if you have a stop watch and a country tar road with barely any traffic mark out approximately 1/4 mile and time it before install and then try again after install. I would even be curious of the results. Granted it may only be tenths of a second quicker but might be more noticeable if you do a hard run before and then after.

Dean.
Yeah I'm sure it sounds better in person, which is awesome because it already sounds great in the clips! So I'm very excited to get it

I just installed my Injen CAI today, and I actually did feel a little bit of extra power. Granted, nothing crazy or anything, but I did feel a little extra something But yeah, I saw those dyno's as well, and was one of the reasons why I bought this intake.

Again, thanks for all the info and responses
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #45
skibik

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure it sounds better in person, which is awesome because it already sounds great in the clips! So I'm very excited to get it

I just installed my Injen CAI today, and I actually did feel a little bit of extra power. Granted, nothing crazy or anything, but I did feel a little extra something But yeah, I saw those dyno's as well, and was one of the reasons why I bought this intake.

Again, thanks for all the info and responses
I have a question for you. I see in your sig you have the Vmax TB installed on your vehicle. What are your thoughts on it, good, bad, waste of money? I have placed an order for one the other day and of course have to wait a couple weeks but would like to know what if you have the same positive things to say about it as I have read.

Also, when you get the MRT exhaust on I would like to hear what your thoughts are when you fire it up for the first time and after you do some power accelerations with it.

Dean.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
I have a question for you. I see in your sig you have the Vmax TB installed on your vehicle. What are your thoughts on it, good, bad, waste of money? I have placed an order for one the other day and of course have to wait a couple weeks but would like to know what if you have the same positive things to say about it as I have read.

Also, when you get the MRT exhaust on I would like to hear what your thoughts are when you fire it up for the first time and after you do some power accelerations with it.

Dean.
Sorry, my sig is a little misleading. I DO NOT have it currently installed, I have ordered it and am waiting for shipping. As soon as I get it and install, I will let you know my thoughts. I will also let you know about the exhaust, I plan on purchasing that in about 2 weeks.

From your sig, I see you ordered the Oracle Int. lighting package. Are you installing that yourself? If so, could you let me know the difficulty of the install as well as if you like or not. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #47
skibik

Quote:
Sorry, my sig is a little misleading. I DO NOT have it currently installed, I have ordered it and am waiting for shipping. As soon as I get it and install, I will let you know my thoughts. I will also let you know about the exhaust, I plan on purchasing that in about 2 weeks.

From your sig, I see you ordered the Oracle Int. lighting package. Are you installing that yourself? If so, could you let me know the difficulty of the install as well as if you like or not. Thanks!
I am going to install myself. I sure can. Looking at my invoice it is 2 kits that come as a package. Looks like the bulbs swap out and you get some rope lighting so not sure what to expect when it arrives. You are in the same boat I am then on the TB. That sounds like an easy swap.

Dean.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #48
b1gr3dmachin3

Quote:
I am going to install myself. I sure can. Looking at my invoice it is 2 kits that come as a package. Looks like the bulbs swap out and you get some rope lighting so not sure what to expect when it arrives. You are in the same boat I am then on the TB. That sounds like an easy swap.

Dean.
Yeah TB shouldn't be an issue, just haven't done any lighting yet and I would like to in the future so I was curious how the install was.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #49
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
I'd love to pull the trigger on this but its just too pricey!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #50
AKA-51

Drives: Ellie
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266583
AKA-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #51
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-51 View Post

Yep I am even posting on that one. see these post on that thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=100

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=109

Thanks,
Dean. :party0038: