Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
How much light emits out of the black tail light covers?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/CA1042/CAEXT/...10+Camaro.html

I want to buy these blacked out tail light covers, but I want to know how much light emits from them and how dangerous it is to have them. I know that blacked out tail covers on other cars cover up a lot of the light but i've seen pictures like the ones below and it seems as if the tails are still pretty much visible even with the covers when it comes to the 2010 camaro. Can anyone confirm this?

zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
The only review on them didn't look good. Sounded like they were cheaply made and didn't fit well. Others have commented that the hard covers aren't good as they are put on with velcro that is visible from outside the car. You might try the ones at the camarodecal store. They are static cling and look pretty good. A member just put them on his car in a thread close to this one. They're only $15 too.

http://www.thecamarodecalstore.com/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58167 : found it for ya.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
UberFlaco
Certified Zombie Hunter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Axis is right about the fit, it's not too good. As far as your question about how much light comes through, they let out so much light that the velcro that holds them in place are visibly outlined. Here are some pictures of what they looked like on my car before I returned them. Hope it helps.
P.S. I also attached a pic of what the foglight covers looked like with the fog lights on.
Attached Images

UberFlaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Post Headlight Armor Smoked Taillight kits are another option

Not sure about the two different ones in the first post, but with our Headlight Armor Smoked Taillight kits you would be hard pressed to tell which vehicle had our kit on if you were looking at a varietly of vehicles in night time traffic.

Just an FYI, the materials we use for our lighting protection kits, including our smoked taillight kits is 8x-10x thicker than typical ebay overlays made from vinyl designed for the inside of an illuminated sign. They are made to also protect the lens. They are entirely adhesive backed so you will not see any areas where double sided tape or velcro is used - lights on or not. Just another option for you.

Stock (non RS) vs Headlight Armor Smoked Taillight kit in the afternoon sun.

More info in our vendor thread here
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
No matter what brand or style, they all block the light. Unless you are getting brighter bulbs you will be less visible. Shouldn't complain when you get hit from the back or get a ticket.

Weird thing is some people actually black out the headlights too.

Vanity can certainly go too far...