Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
vincentcostales

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Oil Leak - Need Help!

Hi Guys,

Im so new to this forum and a newby at DIY's.
I have been lurking in this forum for quite sometime but this is my very first thread.

I just installed my BBK LT on my 2010 V6. But when I was installing it, I saw some oil around the engine bay. Possibly coming from a hose but I dont know what that hose is for.

Is there anyone who can help me what to deal with this problem and why my car have this leak?

Additional info, prior to my DIY installation of the BBK Headers, I had a Borla Catback exhaust with x-pipes and QTP cutouts that were installed by a local auto shop. But when I droppedthe exhaust to install the BBK, I discovered that the driver's side cutout can only open 20% while the other is 100%. Would this be the cause of that leak?

I hope somebody can enlighten me and give me something to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Vincent
Attached Images

vincentcostales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
do you have an aftermarket intake?? that is the hose that runs into the air intake. idk what can cause that to leak.. but I think u should be able to take it to the dealership.. I mean i dont think they can claim that LT or exhaust can cause the PCV hose to leak.. maybe just a bad fitting and hose that needs to be replaced..
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
go to this thread and clean the restrictor on the passenger side rear valve cover. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258202

It looks like your pvc system is clogged and pushing oil out the clean side.

Get that shop to fix the cutouts, it's not causing your problem, but it's not right.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
vincentcostales

Thanks Wuiquen. Yes... I have installed a K&N CAI. You're right, might be the CAI I installed, because I kind of forced-connect the hose during the install. I will go check on that tonight. Is it ok to remove the hose from where the leak is coming from?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #5
vincentcostales

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
go to this thread and clean the restrictor on the passenger side rear valve cover. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258202

It looks like your pvc system is clogged and pushing oil out the clean side.

Get that shop to fix the cutouts, it's not causing your problem, but it's not right.
Hi H20play, Thanks for the link. I will visit that soon after i send this reply. I got the cutouts fixed.

BTW, I'd like to ask you too if is safe to remove the hose from where the leak is coming out?

Thanks...
Old 11-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentcostales View Post
Hi H20play, Thanks for the link. I will visit that soon after i send this reply. I got the cutouts fixed.

BTW, I'd like to ask you too if is safe to remove the hose from where the leak is coming out?

Thanks...

I removed the whole hose assembly and capped that fitting because I have the RX breather, that side (driver) is where fresh air in is pulled. The passenger side is where crankcase air is pulled into the intake. That's where I think your problem is, the restrictor fitting in the rear of the passenger valve cover has tiny holes which clog easily. Go to the link, it has a great explanation and photos.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
vincentcostales

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
I removed the whole hose assembly and capped that fitting because I have the RX breather, that side (driver) is where fresh air in is pulled. The passenger side is where crankcase air is pulled into the intake. That's where I think your problem is, the restrictor fitting in the rear of the passenger valve cover has tiny holes which clog easily. Go to the link, it has a great explanation and photos.
H20play,

Thanks again!
I just removed orifice or whatever it's called, and found a lot of oil. I followed the suggestion of the thread to drill the holes bigger. I just hole that the my car will stop leaking :-)

I will keep u update in a week. :-)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
hope that fix your leak.. but also like H20play said, make sure you fix the cutout too.. maybe that is why the oil is being forced in there.. i dont really know but might be a posibility..