Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #1443
LadyinBlue

Drives: 260HP/242TQ
Hi EM! How've you been?? No, Merlin didn't get to go on the Maine trip as I met up with parents and hubby in Boston and we rented a Dodge Scaravan. (I wasn't going to squish my 300+ pound dad into Mer!) Talk about a dog of a vehicle. An automatic with the shifter on the dash and no way to access any gears besides D, N, & R. Sure glad we didn't attempt any mountain roads. After a week with that thing all I can say is I LOVE MY CAMARO!
LadyinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #1444
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyinBlue View Post
Hi EM! How've you been?? No, Merlin didn't get to go on the Maine trip as I met up with parents and hubby in Boston and we rented a Dodge Scaravan. (I wasn't going to squish my 300+ pound dad into Mer!) Talk about a dog of a vehicle. An automatic with the shifter on the dash and no way to access any gears besides D, N, & R. Sure glad we didn't attempt any mountain roads. After a week with that thing all I can say is I LOVE MY CAMARO!
Well me sure are glad you are back safe and sorry you can't make our ride. Next time. It has been slow here lately.

Anyone heard anything from diaboli? He's been MIA for quite a while. I haven't got replys form a lot of the PMs I sent. My only guess is people either are not as "into" the site once they got their cars or they are waiting till next week to see if they are going to go. I thought I would stop using Camaro5 once I got my car but I actually use it much more now. Befor I only used it to track the car and gather information. Now I use it to provide information when I can and just lurk.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #1445
LadyinBlue

I don't know what happened to diaboli either. He may just be too busy as he's a single dad with kids (3 I think) so with school in full swing he may just be keeping his head above water.

Sure has been chilly in the mornings lately. I'm definitely not looking forward to putting the 'Maro up for the winter :-( I'm hoping it's warm enough to take Mer on one last road trip when I go to Indiana - the Pirellis are good for 45 degrees and up or is it 40??
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 AM   #1446
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't know what happened to diaboli either. He may just be too busy as he's a single dad with kids (3 I think) so with school in full swing he may just be keeping his head above water.

Sure has been chilly in the mornings lately. I'm definitely not looking forward to putting the 'Maro up for the winter :-( I'm hoping it's warm enough to take Mer on one last road trip when I go to Indiana - the Pirellis are good for 45 degrees and up or is it 40??
I drove it to work the other day, 41 and I had no issues. Just take it easy on the cold pavement. I don't think they will be useless under 40, just not so stickey... use caution. You shouldn't have any problems with that wimpy V6...

JUST KIDDING!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1447
LadyinBlue

Couldn't afford the V8 on a military family budget so the 'wimpy' V6 has to do. And I wasn't keen on the V8 front end styling vs the V6's so 2LT/RS it was when I ordered.

Don't let Fen see you calling Merlin wimpy - he knows firsthand what's under the hood and he can get pretty defensive :-)
Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #1448
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
My daughter and I have been enjoying Lucien's heated leather seats in the mornings! That's one reason I can't bear not to drive him in winter.

Jrhaus is right, it's been slow here the past few days, so here's a little rambling for your entertainment/cure for insomnia...

I ordered winter tires the other night - decided to give Lucien a little different look for winter:

Speaking of tires, I almost had to buy another Pirelli yesterday. I went to run some errands on Saturday and my car informed me that my tire pressure was only 24# in the left rear. By the time I got home, it was down to 20#. So I put air in it and ran the rest of my errands in the Firebird. When my husband got back from a weekend trip, he took the tire off and found what looked like a shard of ceramic, right where the tread meets sidewall on the inside. I haven't driven through any broken glass AFAIK, nor near a construction site, so I have no idea where I could've picked that up. Anyway, my husband went to our nearby Goodyear shop to see if they could repair it and also to see how much they'd want for the winter tires I'd spec'd out on Tirerack. I guess they saw "2010 Camaro" and thought, $$$! First they told him the Pirelli coudln't be fixed and a new one would run close to $600 with installation. (Tirerack sells them for $407, + shipping not including installation). What a rip off. Same for what they wanted for the winter tires.

Thankfully my husband knows the guys at another tire shop and talked them into fixing it, for $40. So one $$ crisis averted.

I've seen 40degrees for the lower safe limit on the Pirelli P0s. My winter tires are due to arrive after the 20th, so should be just in time. I'll post pics when I get them on.

On another note, my brother has our dad's '69 Camaro in paint, including the stripes. His first stripe job, and it looks fantastic! He still has more sanding to do, plus interior and putting it all back together so I'm not expecting those father-daughter car photo ops until spring.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #1449
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Couldn't afford the V8 on a military family budget so the 'wimpy' V6 has to do. And I wasn't keen on the V8 front end styling vs the V6's so 2LT/RS it was when I ordered.

Don't let Fen see you calling Merlin wimpy - he knows firsthand what's under the hood and he can get pretty defensive :-)
I was totally joking... I know the V6 is quite potent and more suited for many peoples life style. I was fine with the V6 but Kristen would have nothing to do with it. She's a speed girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
I ordered winter tires the other night - decided to give Lucien a little different look for winter:

On another note, my brother has our dad's '69 Camaro in paint, including the stripes. His first stripe job, and it looks fantastic! He still has more sanding to do, plus interior and putting it all back together so I'm not expecting those father-daughter car photo ops until spring.
Sweet wheels, what size are you going to run? 18, 19, 20? They will look really nice on your car. About the shard, you could have picked that up anywhere. It happens. The tires are mega expensive! I had that one replaced under insurance but was shocked to see the price!

PICS of the 69 ASAP!

My side note... Customer Service is STILL ALIVE!

So I sold one of my extra fender stripes to a member. I went to get the tube from USPS and it is only 2" and the stripe wont roll up that small without potential damage so I abort. I go to Office Depot and all they have is a 2 pack of 3"x36" tubes for $13. I only sold the stripe for $35 including shipping so thats a big cut into my taste. Now, a 3" tube should be fine but #1, i have no use for 2. #2, 36" is too long. Yes I can cut it but... #3, $13 is too much for some product I am only going to us 1/4 of. So I attempt to abort. The manage asks if I couldn't find what I needed so I explained the situation about not wanting to spend $13 on a 2 pack when I only need one, that I was going to try someplace else. He goes behind the counter and pulls out one 3"x36" tube with both end caps still intact and gives it to me. So I ask how mcuh... He says, nothing, its yours! SWEET a freebee!!!

Thanks Office Depot!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #1450
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
WHO CALLED MERLIN WIMPY?!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #1451
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I no know.....
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #1452
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Sweet wheels, what size are you going to run? 18, 19, 20? They will look really nice on your car.
Thanks! I am getting 18x8's. Those will be better for sloppy roads and are much cheaper than the OEM RS sizes.

I'll ask my brother to send some pics of the '69, might start a thread in the car journals forum, since I'm now thinking about custom stripes and a few other very minor cosmetic mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #1453
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
any one near cleve? message me.. exchange numbers always looking 4 new 5thgen friends. have about 5-6 of us in our group now
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #1454
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

PM sent, come to Hocking Hills next Saturday. Bring your buddies!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #1455
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Well. I'm sorry to say it looks like I won't be able to go next weekend...

I expected maybe one exam around that time...turns out, I have THREE.

Math should be a breeze, but studying for Animal Science and Chemistry are going to take up most of my free time.

Hope you guys have fun. Take some pictures for me.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #1456
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Three exams? Stupid midterms. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. We'll miss you - good luck on those tests!

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?