Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #10669
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Ouch. You okay? Cars? House/Stuff?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #10670
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...just got power back on in my town, did indoor/outdoor camping for a bit, widespread destruction Jersey state wide, beach communities obliterated, NY Staten Island, lower Manhatten in chaos....words can't describe.....many doing without power, food, heat, or basic necessities....infrastructure decimated in places, gridlock, lack of basic necessities, fuel has run out regionally. We're good here now, feeling for the others in need. We took a standing three count. It's good to be humbled and taken down to evaluate ones purpose and being. Soooo, missed you guys and the board and all electronic communication for a bit, <had a FM battery operated radio to keep us in touch with the outside world...brought back memories of back in the day>....
Glad to hear that you survived Sandy and I hope you did not suffer much damage. A huge, devastating storm that has destroyed so much and put a lot of people in hard times. We got off lightly here in Richmond, VA, neither as much wind or rain as predicted so no damage at all, if landfall had been farther south it may have had a very different result. Let us know if you need anything and I sure hope some sense of normalcy will return in the near future.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #10671
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Dragoneye....err, I mean Mr. Wyndham.... The family is all fine. Thanks for asking! The house lost some shingles, garage and cars are fine. One tree lost limbs and took out the neighbors fence. Alot of cleanup from derbis and such, otherwise just dealing with the stuff you hear about others having to go through and do without.... totally humbling experience. Then one realizes about hurricane events what many others went through...., surrealistc, shocking, mind numbing. The cold was the part that got to me the most. Hey Wildpaws...! VA took a nasty shot as well, alot of precipitation fell I heard, we didn't get the rain....just the jet engine roaring winds...glad you guys are fine! The sad part is the famous Jersey shore destinations no longer exist ....if you've never been there one wouldn't know what a treasure it was. It will be close to a decade before it's back up in full restoration I imagine. I hope all the other Camaro guys on the board are OK and back to some sense of normalcy. Thanks for asking guys.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #10672
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Glad you are safe.

Hurricanes can do some huge damage.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #10673
OldScoolCamaro

Thanks Number 3. Life's more important than property. Being deprived is also good to prioritize things. It places a new perspective on things taken for granted. New territory for us here on the East Coast, old hat for our Gulf Coast neighbors. How about those surfer's on Lake Michigan during the storm. I saw video of that,....awesome!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #10674
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...at least we all get a free taco at Taco Bell on Tuesday....just sayin....
The Giants players actually showed up at TBs around the bay area and handed out tacos! Pretty cool. But I imagine the lines were stupid long...
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #10675
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
The Giants players actually showed up at TBs around the bay area and handed out tacos! Pretty cool. But I imagine the lines were stupid long...
....SF has some serious spirit, and East Coast style I have to say. That is a cool fan appreciation effort for them to do that!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #10676
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
How about them-there PITTSBURGH STEELERS?! For real, or just an apparition?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #10677
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
How about them-there PITTSBURGH STEELERS?! For real, or just an apparition?

GO BEARS!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #10678
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Voted!!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #10679
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
GO BEARS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Voted!!!!!
Da Bearszz....

....loved that 80's team.....
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #10680
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Slow in the house, Opens beer.

Oh and Go Pack Go.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #10681
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Will the pending commencement of NBC-TV's hockey broadcasts and, therefore, "financial contributions" get the NHL and NHLPA to settle their spat in the next few days? Does money really talk?

Stay tuned...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #10682
OldScoolCamaro

It's always about money, influenced by a notion of greed one way or another... isn't it? What the owners fail to realize is without the contribution of the fans, their brand would have no value. Note to owners: settle it for the "little people's" sake <us, the fans who make it possible for you to exist>. Another lockout in how many years? It's a small market anyway, eventually if they don't get their act together it will become irrelevant and we won't care if they ever come back. This behaviour has occured twice over the last ten years. Despite of the ecnonomy, where joblessness is so high and we have a economic flatline economy which in all reality has become the new normal, multi millionaire owners and players who can't settle will eventually loose all credibility. This has been a Public Service Announcement.

BTW, Kyle Busch is on the pole for Phoenix Sunday, setting a new track record in qualifying. beating out Truex Jr's new track record which he held for about 15 minutes (second spot), followed by Hamlin in third. (Toyota 1-2-3 in qualifying) Casey Kahne is in the fourth spot.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday....Houston plays Chicago...both 7-1. The game to watch. I'm not missing that one....

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014