Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #29
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Well - i got the bad news today. GM in their infinite wisdom have pulled their head out of their ass long enough to cancel my order AFTER BEING ON ORDER FOR ALMOST 9 MONTHS - YES 9 MONTHS. You see they are closing my dealer in october 2010 but have decided that my dealer isn't capable of making a sale for GM and canceled the order for my $46,000.00 camaro after 9 months!!! That is about a couple of days salary for the GM dumb asses in the "big pants" isn't it? It is no wonder GM is bankrupt and in the toilet. I love the car but WTF are they thinking..."we don't need anymore money because Obama will bring us our binky to suck on while we collect more bonuses" Needless to say I have written this blub about 30 times today on sites all over the internet - not really a waste of my time now - what is 2 more hours after 9 months. What a joke GM has become...
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #30
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
cancel my order
See about getting your order # transferred to another dealership.
You DO have an order number, right?

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #31
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
See about getting your order # transferred to another dealership.
You DO have an order number, right?
Thanks HTWLSS - YES - i even received the 8X10 concept picture of the red camaro from GM of the drawing the designer did. It has the order number as well printed on the lower right corner.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #32
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Thanks HTWLSS - YES - i even received the 8X10 concept picture of the red camaro from GM of the drawing the designer did. It has the order number as well printed on the lower right corner.

Find another dealer and see if they can transfer that order number over to them. Heck, it's worth the drive to one of the dealer sponsors of this forum.

'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #33
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Find another dealer and see if they can transfer that order number over to them. Heck, it's worth the drive to one of the dealer sponsors of this forum.
Thanks for your idea - I have one on order from a dealer that already had the same car i ordered on order or an allocation for the car i want. Whatever the case - one is on the way. Prbably be here in August now...
Old 06-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #34
2SSJanSIM

Drives: '02 WS6 TA, '71 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ssyellowcamaro View Post
I don't have a camaro yet. But if anybody wants to meet up in the eagle,star,Boise area that would be awesome. BTW Peterson's has a yellow ss with black stripes right now. Here is the link to the pics http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29046
My 2SSRS SIM is ordered from Con Paulos in Jerome -- at invoice. (I originally ordered from Peterson but they conveniently forgot to tell me about the $3,000 markup so I cancelled and started over in May.) Edmark is my regular dealer as we live very close to them but they sold all their allocations early. I would love to plan a southwest Idaho meet later this year. I hope my car is delivered by September.
2SSJanSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #35
cmyssgo

Drives: 2010 RS2SS Camaro Victory Red
I was told that my car would be here yesterday so I could have it for the 4th of July. Well it is in SLC and tomorrow will be unloaded from the train, but I won't get it until Monday. I ordered from Edmark and I have had to educate them on the process. They are clueless, well at least my salesman is. I will just be glad when I have the car and my journey on the road will begin! I will post pictures next week with any luck!
cmyssgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #36
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyssgo View Post
I was told that my car would be here yesterday so I could have it for the 4th of July. Well it is in SLC and tomorrow will be unloaded from the train, but I won't get it until Monday. I ordered from Edmark and I have had to educate them on the process. They are clueless, well at least my salesman is. I will just be glad when I have the car and my journey on the road will begin! I will post pictures next week with any luck!
wow what a bummer - i hoping to see it this weekend :(- but it is alot closer than mine (August, if my new dealer is being honest with me).
Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #37
siliconewolfgang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJanSIM View Post
My 2SSRS SIM is ordered from Con Paulos in Jerome -- at invoice. (I originally ordered from Peterson but they conveniently forgot to tell me about the $3,000 markup so I cancelled and started over in May.) Edmark is my regular dealer as we live very close to them but they sold all their allocations early. I would love to plan a southwest Idaho meet later this year. I hope my car is delivered by September.
I tried Petersons after GM cancelled my original order from October 2008 because they are closing my original dealer. And yes they didn't tell me about the $3,000.00 till i asked and i asked with almost my last question just to see if they would say something first. So after they came clean i said no thanks and called Terry, at Milligan Motors in Enterprise Oregon and he told me MSRP. He said he would honor whatever my original dealer was selling the car to me for and i was going to get MSRP from Gortsema Motors here.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #38
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
Hi All, I ordered on the 13th of Oct from Edmarks and VIN 8533 I guess it got stuck in QC it's supposed to be here soon! Thx to all of you on educating the dealers! Who are your salesmen? Mine's Mike Crill he's been ok. I get to move to the area before my husband retires from the Coast Guard we'll be living in Notus, HUGE improvement from Lake Tahoe! Hope I can meet some of you sometime Angie
Old 07-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #39
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
So after they came clean i said no thanks and called Terry, at Milligan Motors in Enterprise Oregon and he told me MSRP. He said he would honor whatever my original dealer was selling the car to me for and i was going to get MSRP from Gortsema Motors here.
Terry is one of the good ones. He provided the best service and sale we've ever experienced. Glad to know he's able to help you out! Tell him Teri & Steve with the yellow Camaro mention him every chance we get.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #40
cmyssgo

Drives: 2010 RS2SS Camaro Victory Red
I finally got it last night! Here is a link to some pictures my husband took, not the best but we were headed out for a car ride! The wait is well worth it!!

http://jaydub.smugmug.com/gallery/88...84983374_RWMoS
cmyssgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #41
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Quote:
I finally got it last night! Here is a link to some pictures my husband took, not the best but we were headed out for a car ride! The wait is well worth it!!

Congrat's to you!!! Still waiting on mine, getting anxious. When did you order? And was that with Edmark?

Order Accepted by GM 6/25
Delivered to the customer 8/14
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #42
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:

Great Pics! I am so excited for you and your family! Now I can't wait to see the "Family Corral" all together 2 '68s and 2 '10s man that would make for some great pics
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote