Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
Unhappy I wonder if anyone has been through this (Girlfriend question)

I have had my girlfriend for 6 years now, she the quiet type, always in her bed just watching as things go by, behaves, doesn't like to go out too much, she just loves chilling, or lying on me while i watch tv.

But one thing that i don't get, is when i get home, she's not excited to see me, she knows the routine, i get home and she's ready for a talk so she'll come to me, but she's not excited, other times she'll just stay in her bed.

When i went on vacation i had my roomie entertain her, they were very attached, and when my roomie gets home my girl gets excited and follows him everywhere in the house.

I'm not sure what i do or did wrong, but i give her a lot of attention, i try to be with her a lot, and give her attention and affection, but i feel like maybe she's not happy with me, and not sure what to think about that, i know my roomie would date her in an instant, and id still visit as shes a friend, but i'm not sure how hurt id be in the process? i love my girl. any advice?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
If your roomie would date her in an instant, he's not your friend. And he deserves to get stabbed. O_O

It's hard to say. Do ya thing she's messing around behind your back? If not, I wouldn't worry but you do need to get rid of the other guy. F that dude! He's trying to steal your girl.

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
tightchevelle69
Derrick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
after 6 years im surprised shes still with you. most would have already left without a ring!

2010 ABM 2SS/RS, A6, home Dec 10th, wifes birthday present!
2007 GMC Yukon XL, 2000 S10 Xtreme, 1969 Chevelle
tightchevelle69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Hate to break it to you but...your roomie is doing your chick!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
Second guessing without asking questions is not good. Come right out and ask her what you want to know. Ask her if she's seeing someone else and if it is your roomate. Then read her reactions and not her words. If it take her too long to answer then you sadly have your answer. Be ready for anything after you do that.

After you do be ready to take what is to come and stand strong, no matter what it is.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #6
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
To me, you dont sound to happy with her regardless of if she is doing your roommate or not. Just my opinion. I say six years is long enough. But it does sound like she at least likes him.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Woaaaaa now don't over react.

In College I had a couple roomate's who had girls like this, and for whatever reason, they always thought I was very interesting and would follow me around (see above).

I never did anything with these girls, had no interest in them whatsoever, but they thought I was interesting and probably because I was 'different'. Not bad different, but different from the guy they were used to dating. Now I don't know what that says about them, but it does say that they aren't necessarily together.

My guess is that your girl is just bored out of her mind and is in a semi-state of depression. That what it sounds like (psych major). When your in a state like that, you tend to latch onto things which give you happiness or excite you because you feel so little of it... My advice would be to call her friends, set up a big date at a nice restaurant you've never been to before without her knowing, and surprise her. If she doesn't respond... you might have a problem.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
Communication is the key to any relationship that is going to last. Talk to her & listen to what she says.
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #9
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
WTF? Love advice on a Camaro internet msg board site?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Hey good post Dr. Phil.
That'll be $4,034.19
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Wow! You know I can drink a lot of beer for that. Lager is my Dr. Phil.
Notice the lack of smilie.

Yea. Shit's serious.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #12
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Is your girlfriend a "Human" or a "Canine". I don't get the "follow" around bit.....
Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
You are paying too much attention. Shes bored of having you as a lapdog, she may/proby be sleeping with your roomate. Giving you a subtle hint that she more excited by him in general than you. Most girls are to chicken to fess up to things so they can look like the victim. She will escalate her behaviour till you get fed up, react and make her look like she was the victim to end the relationship and come out getting sympathy. Stale relationship M.O. #1. When girls first weigh a guy up for a relationship they want that sensitive and somewhat grounded guy kinda like you have to be 80%gentleman and 20%asshole to get her and then be 80%asshole and 20% gentleman when shes tired of you being loyal and caring. Then they get bored of that watch to much Sex and the City and try to live a separate life and when that starts you have already lost, its an actual trend/attitude very common in North America for some reason. Most girls are only as faithful as their lack of options. Keep this angle,,,,,, Keep a balance that you are intriguing, passionate and attentive to her needs but at the same time keep an aura that you know your'e a great guy and if you get wrongdone you can and will move on to a willing number of new girls. Its the only way. Women are relationship opportunists and you can never forget that, one of the biggest differences between men and women. I have over 300 hours in relationship counselling to know this crap. Alot of it is female secrets and its stuff youre not supposed to know. Women have their own agenda believe me, especially white North American ones for some reason, probly our culture pop/culture.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Hate to break it to you but...your roomie is doing your chick!
I disagree. If anything she's NOT. Because once she does, she gets bored with him too.

Ok, just a theory but I don't think his freind is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightchevelle69 View Post
after 6 years im surprised shes still with you. most would have already left without a ring!

Could be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Woaaaaa now don't over react.

In College I had a couple roomate's who had girls like this, and for whatever reason, they always thought I was very interesting and would follow me around (see above).

I never did anything with these girls, had no interest in them whatsoever, but they thought I was interesting and probably because I was 'different'. Not bad different, but different from the guy they were used to dating. Now I don't know what that says about them, but it does say that they aren't necessarily together.

My guess is that your girl is just bored out of her mind and is in a semi-state of depression. That what it sounds like (psych major). When your in a state like that, you tend to latch onto things which give you happiness or excite you because you feel so little of it... My advice would be to call her friends, set up a big date at a nice restaurant you've never been to before without her knowing, and surprise her. If she doesn't respond... you might have a problem.
Name:  sigmund_freud[1].jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  36.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
WTF? Love advice on a Camaro internet msg board site?
Go here.

Stay out of here.