Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I don't understand why people continue to buy from them. Look at how many negative reviews they get. Also, don't understand why the moderators allow this vendor to be on this site for all the broken junk they sell.
Because they pay to be on this site and we dont
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
I'm not sticking up for any vendor nor am i pointing my finger at them...

But If your a vendor who just sells products then it's not your fault and the only way a vendor will know that the products they are selling are faulty is if the customer contacts them and complains.

Now a vendor who double marks up the value of their products bc they are a big name is wrong too but thats besides the point.

I myself get bad products from time to time and i test and check everything before it leaves my shop but unfortunately sometimes customers still recieve them broken somehow. But like i said the only way i will know is if they tell me and then i will do whatever it takes to make it right for them. The last thing i want to do is have you have a product of mine with problems.

For what i make off these bulbs it's not even worth selling but i do it bc i love this forum and the community here. Lots of people ask me about wire harnesses and yes i could make them but what for ? I just send everyone to widely respected vendor here.....Ofer. He already has them so i just send everyone to him.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I don't understand why people continue to buy from them. Look at how many negative reviews they get. Also, don't understand why the moderators allow this vendor to be on this site for all the broken junk they sell.
You have no idea how many times I've asked this over the years. Bottom line, somebody at C5 has to be buddies with somebody at AAC. There's no other explanation because they are usually very good about keeping only reputable vendors. The AAC case does baffle me though, because I can't for the life of me think of a major product release they have done that hasn't had a major debacle accompanying it (p13s, sidemarkers, mirrors...all horrible messes). But you'll get the same few guys in every thread lining up to take a bullet for them (some of them mods).

"But, they have a warranty!!!" Big deal, with the amount of times you, the customer, pays to send back FAULTY products and receive your next set of soon-to-be faulty products, you could have purchased them twice over. Warranty means nothing when they put the responsibility for poor quality on the consumer.

I do feel bad for the newer members that don't know any better. Those of us that have been around since the beginning know better, well, most of us do.

The only thing I haven't had trouble with from them is my dome light bulb. Woohooooo!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #18
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Not only do they sell junk but they also steal designs and products and sell them as their own. They also use them on their own "custom" work and that even comes out looking like complete garbage.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:39 AM   #19
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
The paying for shippng really fn pisses me off. Have a stupid Afterburner with leds out. I have to pull the tail light out, crack it open, remove the stupid POS burner, send it back to the states which costs a f***load in shipping and wait for them to ship me one back. I had to wait until fn winter storage so I wouldnt be out of a car while I did this whole bullshit exchange

NEVER AGAIN!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #20
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
You have no idea how many times I've asked this over the years. Bottom line, somebody at C5 has to be buddies with somebody at AAC. There's no other explanation because they are usually very good about keeping only reputable vendors. The AAC case does baffle me though, because I can't for the life of me think of a major product release they have done that hasn't had a major debacle accompanying it (p13s, sidemarkers, mirrors...all horrible messes). But you'll get the same few guys in every thread lining up to take a bullet for them (some of them mods).

"But, they have a warranty!!!" Big deal, with the amount of times you, the customer, pays to send back FAULTY products and receive your next set of soon-to-be faulty products, you could have purchased them twice over. Warranty means nothing when they put the responsibility for poor quality on the consumer.

I do feel bad for the newer members that don't know any better. Those of us that have been around since the beginning know better, well, most of us do.

The only thing I haven't had trouble with from them is my dome light bulb. Woohooooo!

And I know exactly who your talking about...but ill keep my mouth shut
Can you say sponsored? It sure seems that way
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM   #21
Who Dat 2SS

Drives: Bitches Crazy
I bought these in June of '12 and they have been fine. The only thing you have to do is pull the O ring off your original bulbs and add it to (not replace) this O ring for a tight fit. From Amazon $30!

Sent from my iPad because I've been sucked into the terrible but inescapable black hole that is Apple inc.
Attached Images

2011 2SS Convertible Black on Black on Black, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, LS9 Cam, Kooks Ceramic Coated Headers, LS3 Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, BMR Sway Bars and Bushings, JDP Color Changing Halos with Synced Grill Lighting, Custom Magnetic Removable Front Plate
*** RECORD HOLDER - FASTEST 3 WHEELED, 7 CYLINDER CAMARO LAP TIME AT MSR ***
Who Dat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

He on that British car show right??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post

Good idea. I've seen them get a little touchy with the ban hammer around here over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
He on that British car show right??
Why, I'm not sure what you're talking about, sir.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Not only do they sell junk but they also steal designs and products and sell them as their own. They also use them on their own "custom" work and that even comes out looking like complete garbage.
Yep, they do that as well. And another thing that gets me is I was willing to send them close to $300 for a custom part, until I asked them for install instructions and they said they would not be provided since it wasn't a standard part for them.

Eventually they did send me a piss poor hand drawn wiring diagram that may as well have been Greek for anyone who isn't an electrician. But I found out later that the wiring diagram they sent was wrong in the first place. So glad I listened to my gut and didn't buy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
I bought these in June of '12 and they have been fine. The only thing you have to do is pull the O ring off your original bulbs and add it to (not replace) this O ring for a tight fit. From Amazon $30!

Sent from my iPad because I've been sucked into the terrible but inescapable black hole that is Apple inc.

I bought those from Amazon awhile ago and the passenger side one already went out. I then ordered these AAC ones as replacements (not knowing the problems with AAC, order my footweels from them and they still work good) I haven't gotten a chance to replace the bulbs I got from Amazon because for one I want to replace both with the AAC ones but in order to do that I would have to jack up my car and take off my driver side front tire since my scoop and w/w are blocking the driver side DRL. Actually now that I think of it I may just repalce the passenger side one, hopefully there isn't that drastic of a diff in color? Doubt people will notice the slight difference in the actual bulb when they are off.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Bought all my stuff from Ofer, (Gen5DIY) and couldn't be happier. I have no need to go to another vendor.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #27
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Bought all my stuff from Ofer, (Gen5DIY) and couldn't be happier. I have no need to go to another vendor.
When my AAC ones fail I'll most likely do the same
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
When my AAC ones fail I'll most likely do the same
Sounds like you're a glass half empty kind of guy but seriously, I don't blame you when I was taking all my AAC stuff out to replace (I.E. license plate led's, passenger side footwell lighting) my dome light started to flicker
I'm not worried about my sidemarkers but I'm buying my stuff from somewhere else from now on