Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
biggvan

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Victory Red
Door ajar problem, with window not working,HELP!

Two problems which occurred within a week of one another. First my driver window lost indexing...car told me to index..I went through procedures to re-index, even fuse pull but window would continue to fall down between an inch and halfway when I shut and locked door. While window was out of index i could only open and close the window when the door was shut...I think that is normal.
The second problem which happened within a week is that the driver door shows ajar even when closed. This of course means that since the window was out of index when it happened... I cannot open or close my window at all( it is open about 1.5 inches). I googled and found methods like spraying wd40 into lock.....I tried that but the door still shows ajar and the window is still not moving. I am out of warranty so I am trying to fix this myself. Any suggestions please...or even a suggestion on how to close the window until I can get the door ajar problem fixed. thanks!
biggvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
One way to solve the problem.... take it to the dealer and have them look at it, then fix it!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
biggvan

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Victory Red
I have had very bad dealer experiences so I am still hoping for some insights without resorting to that..anyone else have any DIY thoughts on the matter?
biggvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggvan View Post
Two problems which occurred within a week of one another. First my driver window lost indexing...car told me to index..I went through procedures to re-index, even fuse pull but window would continue to fall down between an inch and halfway when I shut and locked door. While window was out of index i could only open and close the window when the door was shut...I think that is normal.
The second problem which happened within a week is that the driver door shows ajar even when closed. This of course means that since the window was out of index when it happened... I cannot open or close my window at all( it is open about 1.5 inches). I googled and found methods like spraying wd40 into lock.....I tried that but the door still shows ajar and the window is still not moving. I am out of warranty so I am trying to fix this myself. Any suggestions please...or even a suggestion on how to close the window until I can get the door ajar problem fixed. thanks!
biggvan,

I apologize for the vehicle concerns that you are experiencing. We definitely want you to feel as the dealers are in a position to assist. I understand you're seeking opinions of this matter, and wanted you to know that we're here if you need us. Your vehicle should operate as designed and we're willing to exhaust all measures to ensure that's the case.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
ps_1130

Drives: 2010 LT2 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggvan View Post

Did you get this fixed?

It just happened to mine.
ps_1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most likely cause is the door-closed sensor, because two door functions are not working: your door shows open when it's closed, and you window is "lost". Normally, the window goes down a bit to clear the seal when you open the door, and then back up after you close the door.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #7
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
ps-1130, you just posed a question to the OP on a thread from 2013. He may not be a member on here now.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
ps_1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Most likely cause is the door-closed sensor, because two door functions are not working: your door shows open when it's closed, and you window is "lost". Normally, the window goes down a bit to clear the seal when you open the door, and then back up after you close the door.

Do you know hwo easy that would be to replace?

approximate cost?

Rain this weekend, so its becoming more of a worry.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #9
ps_1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
ps-1130, you just posed a question to the OP on a thread from 2013. He may not be a member on here now.

yes, i looked up his user ID and he was on recently.

hopefully he sees this thread again.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #10
ps_1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_1130 View Post
Do you know how easy that would be to replace?

approximate cost?

I haven't fixed mine, but I've ruled out a few things.

I switched out the door lock actuator and got same issue: Car registers door as being open.

Next logical thing I thought was unplug battery since car might just be working on "remembering" old actuator.

So I unplugged battery for 30 minutes then plugged back in, started up car and it went through calibration cycle. Asked me to lower and raise passenger door but not driver door. I let it sit and run for 10 minutes, DIC said CAL, which I assumed was calibrating.

Still won't let window go up or down. So I open driver door. Now car wont register that door is open. So, basically opposite of what issue was before.

Now my next option is to find wire short in A pillar mentioned in another thread or BCM exchange.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #11
radar1972

Drives: 2012 IOM SS/RS
Will the driver window go up if you enter the car through the passenger door?
radar1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #12
ps_1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar1972 View Post
Will the driver window go up if you enter the car through the passenger door?

No, driver window wont go up or down regardless of how its done.

Passenger window works normal.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:14 AM   #13
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_1130 View Post
Do you know hwo easy that would be to replace?

approximate cost?

The switch is an inseparable part of the door latch assembly. I don't know what it costs but it can't be cheap.

I wouldn't diagnose this by trial and error replacing parts but by going to the dealer. The problem could be wiring or the dreaded BCM, even more expensive.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door ajar, window indexing