Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #113
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel_Prime View Post
At some point man we all disagree with a statement. In fact if we all had the same tastes or opinions it would be kind of boring. The difference is some people disagree and say so in a mature and civil way. On the other hand some people lack the ability to disagree without insulting other people. Don't say " with all due respect" and in that same sentence disrespect me. If there is any hint of dumbness it would be in your inability to state you disagree and leave it at that. Learns your manners dude...
Children who list their parents cars and act like they're theirs.....

I think the main point to be taken from all of the people who are actually old enough, and do drive Camaros.... who are stating they don't like the new steering wheel, is when you piss off the enthusiast community you make a watered down product that will chase away repeat buyers.
I bought a Camaro because it's not - sorry, wasn't - a parts bin car. Now in just its third year it's already heading down that road. But I guarantee the price won't go down. And don't you think it should with reused parts?!
The door lock switch on the door looks quickly and poorly designed. Like an afterthought.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #114
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
Yes it does. Will let you know how it runs after I put some miles on it!
Just to have a better picture! So its 323hp.. Great thats what i was waiting for.. Tell us about the exhaust & that lovely noise .. Cuz the current V6 engine is not giving a great music
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #115
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
About the only thing I'm interested in is the passenger seat.....the upgrades they made for the 2012 SS suspension I could buy cheaper and better parts most likely.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 AM   #116
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Nice

The only thing I like over my 2010 is the power locks switch located on the door.

Have fun in PA
Belongs in the middle.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #117
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yervais View Post
I honestly liked the pre-2011 steering wheel and gauges... I feel that they have much more personality and retro look to them... what do you guys think?
Agree
Old 07-04-2011, 02:11 AM   #118
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Dash
New Locks
Steering wheel

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #119
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Seriously what do you expect, its going to sound like v6

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #120
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
It's hard to tell due to the light, but did they change the lower grill?

I do like the stitching on the dash, but I prefer my 2010's steering wheel.
The lower grill looks the same to me... it looks different than yours because it's a V6.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #121
OIFVeteran2010Camaro2SS

Drives: Victory Red 2010 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
love my 2010 but congrats on yours nice ride!
OIFVeteran2010Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 AM   #122
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Children who list their parents cars and act like they're theirs.....

I think the main point to be taken from all of the people who are actually old enough, and do drive Camaros.... who are stating they don't like the new steering wheel, is when you piss off the enthusiast community you make a watered down product that will chase away repeat buyers.
I bought a Camaro because it's not - sorry, wasn't - a parts bin car. Now in just its third year it's already heading down that road. But I guarantee the price won't go down. And don't you think it should with reused parts?!
The door lock switch on the door looks quickly and poorly designed. Like an afterthought.
Excuse me for having enough pride in my father's 30 years at GM to list all the cars we've been able to buy in the last 15 years. You know nothing about me.

The steering wheel was redesigned BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT. There are TONS of reviews out there that praised the 2010-2011 models immensely but the #1 sticking point out of most of them was that the steering wheel was flat-out uncomfortable to use. The corporate steering wheel, on the other hand, is arguably one of the most comfortable wheels in the industry right now.

It's like Scott always says: For every one person you make happy, you piss off another person.

Just wait. A year from now, nobody will care about the steering wheel. It's just like every other stupid freakout on this site. The SS front fascia, the headlights on the IVERs, the ambient lighting, the convertible's trunk lock cylinder, etc. Everyone said they were deal breakers, that they were never going to buy a Camaro because of it, that GM was stupid for doing whatever. Today, NOBODY CARES.

There's a reason this site has a reputation for drama like this.

As for the door lock switch...it's a SWITCH. What do you want GM to do, make it out of 24 karat gold?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #123
mjaeae

Drives: 2010 silver ice 1LT
I hope you read these posts GM.

I am a 50yr old man who still drives a Dodge Caravan, and to top it off I work for Toyota. I saw the new last year and couldn't live without one. The steering wheel was so unique it made the otherwise drab dash. Many of us have no ambition to race the car, we just want to drive something that stands out from the crowd. There are many other things that the critics hammer about the car, and if they listen to them all it will begin to look like just an ordinary car.
mjaeae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #124
Redskinfan72

Drives: Victory Red 2LT/RS
Cruise it up 79!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt View Post
Outside of Pgh, Near Washington. That's where I'm from originally.

Lots of good hills to test her out on!

You Should definitely bring it up to Erie...We have a lot of Camaro owners and a car show every Monday night to check out the new car!! Pm if interested I will give you the details.
Redskinfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #125
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
It's because the Steering Wheel (While I have no problem with it at all) is absolutely 100% not ergonomic and is about looks not comfort, it is not a good steering wheel if someone wants to track with their car (and I mean actually track, none of that 0-60 ¼ mile crap anyone can drive in a straight line). My Camaro handles better than my 03' 350Z and weights a lot more too but the steering wheel just doesn't feel as good as the 350Z which is what most people were complaining about and you should see the V6 Gauges in Canada they are absolutely horrific the size of font they used.
i agree. the new one looks 100 times more comfortable. i'm repeating myself now from an earlier post, but no one else seems to notice this.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #126
musicmanz28

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green LS
I like the new interior alot. I like my '11 alot too. The lock botton in the center reminds of my old third-gens. I really like the orange dash suround. I just might have to change mine out.
musicmanz28 is offline   Reply With Quote