Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #141
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
There have been 2 failures of MAF's since we did released our first FI system 1 1/2 years ago, and we have seen many more failures on bone stock cars. This is a known issue as if you call a GM dealer to buy one you will see they are out of stock most anywhere in the country due to the high incidents of failure. Baylor had to have one overnighted from KY, and we still have them on backorder as they cant meet demand.
Yup, there is a shortage out there, I called around while I was in Florida and there weren't any dealerships within a couple hundred miles that had them.

Quote:
The 2 that have MAF failures are running in excess of 8# of boost vs the 5-6$ of the standard system and that is pushing the limits of this MAF.
Vince tuned my cams and it looks like I'm at around 9.5 psi of boost now, rather than 8 from the OD pulley.

Quote:
The other question from lscamaro,the other system is running far less boost....similat to our standard boost system and we have had zero failures with the MAF's on them.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote:
And I think I only see one of theres running on this site with not ANY independant dyno #'s like your seeing with all the RX systems (rain has yet toshowany #'s and fre whatever only will show the very questionable dyno graph from their shop that looks nothing like any other dyno graph of a LLT camaro we have ever seen.
What numbers is the IPF system putting out?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #142
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I'm 1 of the 2 that MAF blew. And this was while running 11-13psi's when Tracy and myself took her out for the first drive. I even posted the video of us test driving and showing 11-13psi's on the runs. After replacing the MAF that night I drove 800 miles home with no issues. I lowered the boost to 3psi's for the first month to get the tune right. Now running 6psi's as a norm and running into the issues sometimes not all the times. And I don't mind tweaking and playing with my car. I want all the power I can get and I know this means issues will come up. A few weeks ago I was able to keep up with a GT-R and a ZL1 racing each other. This is why I choose RX as I can use every bolt on I have to maximize my HP. I don't see no one other than STS (waiting on HPS and RPD) that has this kind of potential as of yet. GOTTA PAY TO PLAY, and I'm all for it!! The RX kit isn't for everyone just as the IPF kit isn't also.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #143
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Thank you for the response tracy! That wasn't a bashing comment by any means. It was just a question I had before I knew baylor was pulling 9 psi on the supercharger! That's a huge difference! I did notice the dyno graph of frequents (I think thats his name) car. Seemed to me like there was a difference I just couldn't put my finger on but now that you mention it, it was the smoothness of the graph. Every dyno I've seen is choppy. Anyway, I hope you get everything dialed in perfectly because its going to be a monster once its done! i want one so bad but the twins are very enticing as well!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #144
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Of you look at the dyno sheets for the LLT in the bolt on section (Sticky thread). They do show alot of choppy waves across the runs. A few seem real smooth ur 99% are not smooth with and without FI.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #145
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
I believe the graph Vince posted of camaro-21's run was smooth...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #146
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Wait what?Baylor your at 9.5 # of boost now?With the od pulley and Vinces last tune?That is awesome I cant wait to get my od pulley and get it on.Thank you Baylor for testing out the od pulley and getting the tune tweek for us RX SC folks.As soon as i get my od pulley on I will be back on the dyno,hope to start with your new tune.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #147
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Wait what?Baylor your at 9.5 # of boost now?With the od pulley and Vinces last tune?That is awesome I cant wait to get my od pulley and get it on.Thank you Baylor for testing out the od pulley and getting the tune tweek for us RX SC folks.As soon as i get my od pulley on I will be back on the dyno,hope to start with your new tune.
Actually I'm seeing just over 10 psi of boost with his latest tune. He said he messed with the cams to get the more boost.

Although tbh I figured we'd see more than ~370 rwhp. Not that I care because I don't want a ton of power since this is my daily. Leave it to those twin turbo freaks for that lol
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #148
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
How is he threatening you at all? I dont see it?

Tracys taken a lot from people because there have been little issues with his systems but what everyone fails to comprehend is how much the situations differ. Ipf runs very little boost on their kits and the kits Tracy has made that have the same amount of.boost as ipf are running perfectly. It's the kits that push the limits that start to have problems but as you start to push more and more power, problems will arise. its common sense.

Also, I understand you don't condone going fast in public but he also never stated how the race went down. It could have been a private area, we don't know. Plus to be honest, thays probably gotten the most enthuastic of all the comments. Saying you might be able to hang with zl1s and gtrs is amazing to me. I understand it might not happen all the time but the sheer fact its possible with "our little six" boggles my mind. So yea, numbers are important but to me, i love hearing comparisons in relation to other cars

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #149
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Great answer until I got to the end. I dont know what is going on between IPF and RX but it needs to go away. I dont work for any of your competitors. If you have an issue with my question, please feel free to contact me. Also you dont have to worry about gloves coming off. I think you calling others dynos questionable good enough. I am so glad you feel ok with threatening prospective clients.
I agree with Gretchen below. this is Baylor's thread and lets leave his thread for posting about his progress with his build. I've said my peace about this and that's that. I'm excited that there is so much to follow in the FI section now.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 06-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #150
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange

well said.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #151
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
^^ +2

Tracy is an awesome guy and he makes awesome products. Anyone who says otherwise simply doesn't know the man. Although if you click on his profile and read his posts you won't even have to meet him to realize this.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #152
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I am glad you measure your car to others in a way that is not safe for the public. But I am sure you can afford the ticket, gotta pay to play.

As far as kits go, yes making a decision on what kit to purchase requires asking questions, no matter how painful the answer is.
I didn't do this on a public road, Like I have posted in my video's or race post before. I have a stretch of road at my job that's being constructed and those that know go on it to settle scores. And I just happen to be the third leg in this one. It's a road my company paid to construct/improve! And yes you have to pay to play. If you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen. However you want to put it, but don't sit here and tell me that NO has street raced before. Even the ones that have made the comments like you did.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #153
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post

well said.
Agree,totally,but this sh#*t is getting old.As a noob to FI I read these threads to learn and make an informed decision on a FI kit.Hopefully(when I'm ready to pull the trigger) each kit will have clear,honest info with happy customers,whether racers pushing the limits or DD wanting safe extra power.
Thanks, to those posting their FI project info keeping us informed,look forward to reading the posts,pics and even better video

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #154
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Hey, can we not turn Baylor's thread into a B!+ch fest??? That's happened too many times to other threads and it kinda ruins it for the person who's excited about going FI on their car.