Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
ok making sure my car isnt seriously out of date already
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayles View Post
Hi Codeman71,

I was just curious if you can tell if these updates have already been done at the factory? I am guessing that the firmware update has not as it seems brand new and my car was built on 06-18-09 and I don't even have it yet to test out the system. All the other updates regarding brakes and radio, restraints etc have been done already to my car??? TIA
No, the PDIM software update is not yet being applied in the factory. That isn't scheduled until later this month and it will be the next software version after this one (The factory is skipping this particular software version).

Also just a clarification about that site. It just lists the current software for those various modules. It does not know what is currently programmed on them and which ones need to be updated. Only your dealer can tell you what is necessary for your particular vehicle.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Thanks for the info Codeman
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Thanks for the info Codeman! I've beem having intermittent problems with my ipod... Guess I'll swing by the dealer and see if they can help!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #19
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I think this thread should be a STICKY THREAD?!!!
Thank you for the great info!!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #20
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
GM actually has the update info online and publicly available (thanks codeman). All you need is your VIN # and you can see it (should be the same). I assume your dealer can use these to get the full details.

Part Number CVN Description

20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
20840959 0000A24C New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
20824078 0000EB10 Operating system

From the looks of it, there's 3 versions. Some interesting changes in there.
Can someone clarify this?? I was hoping the "Mute" button would pause the iPod playback (currently it continues playback while muting the sound). I have another thread about this. If this update fixes it, I'm definitely going to get it!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Can someone clarify this?? I was hoping the "Mute" button would pause the iPod playback (currently it continues playback while muting the sound). I have another thread about this. If this update fixes it, I'm definitely going to get it!
No, this won't add that functionality unfortunately. You'll have to take the information on this site with a grain of salt. This PDIM module is going in a variety of vehicles and some of them have a play/pause button on the faceplate (new Equinox for example). Sorry about the confusion, but just remember that not everything listed on that site (meant really only for internal viewing) will apply to the Camaro.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #22
DDustiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
No, this won't add that functionality unfortunately. You'll have to take the information on this site with a grain of salt. This PDIM module is going in a variety of vehicles and some of them have a play/pause button on the faceplate (new Equinox for example). Sorry about the confusion, but just remember that not everything listed on that site (meant really only for internal viewing) will apply to the Camaro.

Thanks for the info
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #23
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Here's what showed up for mine:
New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
Operating system

Any further info on what this update will do? My car has the known issues of the USB intermittently going back to the first song when I start the car, and the one where if you put it into shuffle, it's not on shuffle next time you start the car.

I think the Bluetooth is great, but may be getting my daughter a Zune, so interested in that update as well.

Thanks for all your answers here, Codeman!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
wonder if this update will fix the 2500 song limit...
tededfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #25
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Here's what showed up for mine:
New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
Operating system

Any further info on what this update will do? My car has the known issues of the USB intermittently going back to the first song when I start the car, and the one where if you put it into shuffle, it's not on shuffle next time you start the car.

I think the Bluetooth is great, but may be getting my daughter a Zune, so interested in that update as well.

Thanks for all your answers here, Codeman!
That particular software version you're referencing is the one that shipped with the Camaro, so you already have that one. The top one is the update that's out now. The update should resolve a lot of startup issues that people are seeing. The shuffle issue will not be fixed in this update. The PDIM currently does not have memory allocated to be able to store this setting over power cycles.

The Zune doesn't get too many advantages over a thumb drive other than the ability to play DRM content. I haven't heard much about if the Zune Channels (think that's what they're called?) work or not, so that may be a factor for you as well. iPods are the most supported device because there is no song limit, the iPod remembers the last song it was playing, what what type of music it was playing (Artist, Album, Genre, etc.) and it keeps track of the shuffle setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tededfred View Post
wonder if this update will fix the 2500 song limit...
No, there would have to be major rework to how things are done in the PDIM to get around this issue. The indexes are stored in PDIM's internal memory and that memory gets maxed out at 2500 songs. A very unfortunately consequence to cost cutting...

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #26
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Hi i have 2 Q
#1 dos the PDIM's software only recognize fat32 formatted USB's or is NTFS filesystem OK .
#2 is there a PDIM's out there that has a internal memory larger than this one that can be had for more $ that will store more than 2500 songs.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #27
DDustiNN

I didn't know there was a 2500 song limit... booooooooooooooooo :(
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #28
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
That particular software version you're referencing is the one that shipped with the Camaro, so you already have that one. The top one is the update that's out now. The update should resolve a lot of startup issues that people are seeing. The shuffle issue will not be fixed in this update. The PDIM currently does not have memory allocated to be able to store this setting over power cycles.

The Zune doesn't get too many advantages over a thumb drive other than the ability to play DRM content. I haven't heard much about if the Zune Channels (think that's what they're called?) work or not, so that may be a factor for you as well. iPods are the most supported device because there is no song limit, the iPod remembers the last song it was playing, what what type of music it was playing (Artist, Album, Genre, etc.) and it keeps track of the shuffle setting.

No, there would have to be major rework to how things are done in the PDIM to get around this issue. The indexes are stored in PDIM's internal memory and that memory gets maxed out at 2500 songs. A very unfortunately consequence to cost cutting...
My PFS/PFD iriver player does this as well, as long as I dont physically open the console and manually shut it off after shutting down the car. If I let it just stay plugged in and shut itself off the same song will play (however not from the same location, but from the beginning).
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote