Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
cb

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Angry Confirmation Number question

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a confirmation number other then from my own dealer?

Because on 6/19/11, I went in to ordered a 2012 Camaro from my dealer, and they said that would order it that same day. Well I just called them and they never did and said that they finally did last week! after me calling them and never returning my call. When I asked if they have a confirmation number for me they said that they never had a order number pop up.

So far they really aren't being all that helpful and I want to see if they really did order it this time or if there just making up stuff like last time

PLEASE HELP!
cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I believe the dealer can 'place' the order, but it doesn't get accepted by GM until the dealer gets and uses an 'allocation' to place the order. The dealer only gets a limited number of allocations each month.
I beleive that once the order is placed against an'allocation' and th eorder is accepted by GM, that's when the dealer gets the order confirmation which includes the order number.
Once you get the order number, you can track the entire process yourself.
It sounds to me like the order was placed, but the dealer hasn't used one of his allocations yet to get the order accepted.
Allocations are assigned each month. If they ordered it this month but they won't have an available allocation till next month, the order won't get accepted till then.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Correct. The dealer has not placed your order if he can't give you an order number. They are just yanking your chain. I'd find another dealer.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
cb

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Thanks guys, that clears it up for me. The only reason I haven't switched dealers yet is because im getting it at invoice. Otherwise I'd be gone
cb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Try Newman Chevrolet and ask for Scott. They're in Wisconsin.