Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Talking A quick explanation of the different BMR Suspension trailing arm offerings

We have been getting a lot of questions and inquiries on the different styles of trailing arms we offer so I figured I would make a quick post with an explanation of each. The trailing arms are a key component to helping control wheel hop and improving handling. Anytime you install aftermarket trailing arms it is really recommended that you go ahead and swap out the factory outer trailing arm bushing also to a poly-urethane aftermarket outer trailing are bushing like our BMR part number BK006. Installing a good set of trailing arms and outer trailing arm bushings really makes a considerable difference when it comes to controlling wheel hop on the late model Camaros especially the automatic transmission equipped vehicles. The manual transmission equipped vehicles are a little more challenging to control wheel hop on since the launch and shifts are more violent but the trailing arms and outer trailing arms are a good place to start.

BMR outer trailing arm bushing (BK006)

These bushings replace the deflection prone factory outer trailing arm bushing offering better suspension control in turn improving wheel hop and handling. Here is the link to nice DIY write-up for these bushings:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178025

BMR non-adjustable trailing arm w/ poly-urethane bushings (TCA026)

The BMR non-adjustable trailing arm w/ poly-urethane bushings (TCA026) are by far the most popular trailing arm we manufacture. They are super affordable and perform awesome for street use and some extracurricular racing activities. As popular as these trailing arms are, they definitely are not the best option for everybody. Since these trailing arms are equipped with poly-urethane bushings they are not a good option for people making a bunch of power or people who are planning on racing their car a lot. If this is the case you would really want to look at our BMR part numbers TCA027 or TCA033.

BMR non-adjustable trailing arms w/ spherical bearings (TCA027)

The BMR non-adjustable trailing arms w/ spherical bearings (TCA027) are arguably the strongest trailing arms available. They are made of boxed tubing and utilize a spherical bearing so not only are they super strong but they offer full articulation without binding. These trailing arms will take anything you can throw at them so they are ideal for someone making a bunch of power or someone who plans on really racing their car. The two negatives that I hear from time to time about these trailing arms are that they are a bit pricey and that they are a little heavier than the factory trailing arms. Using the spherical bearing in this arm is what really increases the price unfortunately but that is the one thing that also really allows them to take the abuse they are capable of. As far as the weight goes, having a little extra weight with the trailing arms isn’t really too bad because it actually helps with the suspension stability which in turn helps with the wheel hop.

BMR adjustable trailing arm w/ rod ends (TCA033)

The BMR adjustable trailing arm w/ rod ends (TCA033) were designed to be a lighter weight option that could still handle the extreme abuse of high horsepower and racing. These are the same trailing arms we use in our 15” wheel drag race suspension package (DRP007) so they are designed for optimal performance. The TCA033 trailing arms are also the same trailing arms used on our BMR 2010 Camaro shop car and the American Racing Headers 2010 Camaro which just ran a 8.57 at 158 MPH at the last Camaro5 Fest.

Last edited by BMR Sales; 10-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Great post! That will help a lot of people out. I just had a telephone conversation with a customer this morning on this exact topic.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Very informative post Kyle.....THANKS!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Great post! That will help a lot of people out. I just had a telephone conversation with a customer this morning on this exact topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Very informative post Kyle.....THANKS!!!
We get questions on this kind of stuff quite a bit so I figured rather than tell one person it would be better to put a quick little write-up here on the forums.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Up top for the hump day crowd!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What about trailing arms for the new suspension the FE 4 or whatever it is that moved the sway bar mount location????
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
What about trailing arms for the new suspension the FE 4 or whatever it is that moved the sway bar mount location????
Our BMR trailing arms will fit no matter what year or model Camaro you have so you will be good there. I think you are referring to the lower control arms and if that is the case we are working on designing some now that will work with the FE4 suspension but we probably won't have anything ready till the end of this year or early next year.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Definitely will !! Confused the hell out of me at first. But now I'm getting a stronger understanding of the whole suspension modding. Just recently purchased a few bushings looking forward to getting it installed.

Great write up btw thxs !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Definitely will !! Confused the hell out of me at first. But now I'm getting a stronger understanding of the whole suspension modding. Just recently purchased a few bushings looking forward to getting it installed.

Great write up btw thxs !!!!

This a large and very knowledgeable community so if there is something you don't know you can generally ask around and find your answer pretty quickly. If you ever have any suspension or chassis questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or give me a call here at the shop. We are here to help out and are willing to do so whether you are a BMR customer or not.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #10
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
That's good to know. I just recently purchased a few BMR bushing off a couple of C5 members. Looking forward to installing them. I'll be in touch.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
That's good to know. I just recently purchased a few BMR bushing off a couple of C5 members. Looking forward to installing them. I'll be in touch.

If there is anything we can do to help you out let us know.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Thanks Kyle!

I'm at the point of doing a cam change and ultimately a 416 stroker. We have some great mountain roads and I'd also like to do some straight line tracks. Is there anything I should know about meeting those requirements?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #13
10w40
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 camaro
great read
Old 10-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Thanks Kyle!

I'm at the point of doing a cam change and ultimately a 416 stroker. We have some great mountain roads and I'd also like to do some straight line tracks. Is there anything I should know about meeting those requirements?
Some sway bars, springs, bushings, and a few suspension components will really improve the handling of the car especially under those conditions. Shoot me a PM or e-mail with some more information on your plans with the car and I would be more than happy to put together a nice package tailored towards want you want to do.

Closed Thread