Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #57
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfusion View Post
Honestly have never seen one.
The next guy posting says he uses his Iphone for some kind of wonder point internet or something like that. Does he mean he's connecting the phone to the pad and the phone is being used for the internet connection? ???

Thanks
Yes.
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #58
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfusion View Post
Honestly have never seen one.
The next guy posting says he uses his Iphone for some kind of wonder point internet or something like that. Does he mean he's connecting the phone to the pad and the phone is being used for the internet connection? ???

Thanks
The iPad 2 has two different ways to purchase...
They have one that just accesses the internet using a WiFi hotspot...or you can get one that does the WiFi AND has a 3G connection (for a fee).

The iPhone 4 will act as a mobile hotspot...and the iPad will use that hotspot for it's WiFi access.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #59
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
The iPad 2 has two different ways to purchase...
They have one that just accesses the internet using a WiFi hotspot...or you can get one that does the WiFi AND has a 3G connection (for a fee).

The iPhone 4 will act as a mobile hotspot...and the iPad will use that hotspot for it's WiFi access.
The iPhone 4 will act as a mobile hotspot for AT&T customers only at this point. I have the Verizon iPhone 4 and it will not let verizon customers download the new version 4.3 update for hotspot.

Just a little extra clarification.
CamaroKid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #60
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
Thanks to all for the very good info. I really am digging this and I am going to be doing some research and update probably my old cell and get one of these things, er pads. thanks
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #61
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
The iPhone 4 will act as a mobile hotspot for AT&T customers only at this point. I have the Verizon iPhone 4 and it will not let verizon customers download the new version 4.3 update for hotspot.

Just a little extra clarification.
Correct. It is coming though. I think this is the way Apple will stay in good graces with AT&T now that they've also jumped to Verizon.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #62
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Correct. It is coming though. I think this is the way Apple will stay in good graces with AT&T now that they've also jumped to Verizon.
I sure hope so. That will be super convenient to have. It won't come to Verizon until they go to Tiered data plans I believe, or they will still have the unlimited for the phone and charge you a fee to use the feature.

I previously tried to tether my Droid to my computer and when i try to connect verizon makes you pay like an extra $15-$30 to hook it up..

Okay, I'm done getting off topic with the thread.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #63
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
I sure hope so. That will be super convenient to have. It won't come to Verizon until they go to Tiered data plans I believe, or they will still have the unlimited for the phone and charge you a fee to use the feature.

I previously tried to tether my Droid to my computer and when i try to connect verizon makes you pay like an extra $15-$30 to hook it up..

Okay, I'm done getting off topic with the thread.
Eventually all it will be is Verizon and AT&T. AT&T bought T-Mobile and Verizon will probably eventually purchase Sprint. I do not like the fact of there possibly being only two super giants, but I will hope for the best.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #64
hvychvy970

Drives: Black 2011 2SSRS owner
Colossians 3:17
RK Sport Rear Spoiler/Black Chrome Powder Coated SS Wheels/Air Lift Suspension/MagnaFlow Competition Axleback 5" Tips/Hurst Short Throw Shifter/Trinity 1000 Programmer/Black GM Heritage Grille/Street Scene Lower Grille w/Ducts/20% Tint/Smoked Exterior Lens Kit/Driver's Side Grand Sport Hash Marks Flat Black

hvychvy970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #65
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
Eventually all it will be is Verizon and AT&T. AT&T bought T-Mobile and Verizon will probably eventually purchase Sprint. I do not like the fact of there possibly being only two super giants, but I will hope for the best.
I previously had a droid so I was subscribed to this page on facebook called "Droid Life" and they posted this little snippet....

"After news broke on Sunday that AT&T was looking to buy up T-Mobile, naturally, the quick reaction was for industry folks to ask if Verizon would now try to snatch up Sprint. That definitely won’t be the case, at least in the near future if Verizon CEO Dan Mead has anything to say about it. While attending CTIA this week in Orland, Mead was asked if Big Red is planning to make a move on Sprint and said, “We’re not interested in Sprint. We don’t need them.” Well, that sure squashes that idea. Mead also mentioned that he expects the AT&T/T-Mobile deal to go through."
Old 03-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #66
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
I previously had a droid so I was subscribed to this page on facebook called "Droid Life" and they posted this little snippet....

"After news broke on Sunday that AT&T was looking to buy up T-Mobile, naturally, the quick reaction was for industry folks to ask if Verizon would now try to snatch up Sprint. That definitely won’t be the case, at least in the near future if Verizon CEO Dan Mead has anything to say about it. While attending CTIA this week in Orland, Mead was asked if Big Red is planning to make a move on Sprint and said, “We’re not interested in Sprint. We don’t need them.” Well, that sure squashes that idea. Mead also mentioned that he expects the AT&T/T-Mobile deal to go through."
Interesting.. I would like to know why they wouldn't buy them. Especially with how big AT&T will be after they finnish acquiring T-Mobile.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #67
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Interesting.. I would like to know why they wouldn't buy them. Especially with how big AT&T will be after they finnish acquiring T-Mobile.
Not sure either. I just looked to see if it may be a GSM/CDMA issue. But Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA so there wouldn't be an issue with converting Sprints towers. At least not from GSM to CDMA.

Sorry for us getting a little off topic, guys.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #68
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Got some good news for the original iPad owners out there. If you want to do this mod and cannot find a case suitable for your origninal iPad, look no further. The smartcover will work with this mod:
http://www.therussiansusedapencil.co...ver-for-ipad-1

Cheers!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #69
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Got some good news for the original iPad owners out there. If you want to do this mod and cannot find a case suitable for your origninal iPad, look no further. The smartcover will work with this mod:
http://www.therussiansusedapencil.co...ver-for-ipad-1

Cheers!
Not to be negative or a debbie downer, but FYI
That would not work the way the OP is using it to hang from the top of the dash. Also, magnets around a computer can be bad.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:39 AM   #70
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
All you need now is to plug it into your Engine OBDII Port and get some cool software!!

Here is the KIWI WIreless system
http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

Software:
http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/software.html

Great for us iphone/ipad users!!