Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Completely agree! Just tell us what is going on...

Been a month since C5 Fest and no update at all from STS...
STS is advertising taking orders for 500 hp turbo kit for the V6 Camaro

http://www.ststurbo.com/
Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Going to a shop today. Maybe two. Hopefully I can get some answers. One of them is a STS dealer...

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #17
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #18
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
Sorry, created a new thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85353

basically, shops don't want to touch the v6 until software is out to tune individual cars. They are leary about trifecta, and would rather tune the cars in their shop rather than sending it away. Although, there is a shop here in Vegas willing to do the trifecta tune for me. Which I'm also told isn't 100% when it comes to an f/I application.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:38 AM   #19
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

trifecta? more stuff i need to google and learn
thinkin of takin automotive repair class to be able to work on cars sothis is not an issue any more
Old 05-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #20
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

wiat...trifecta is a company. i just saw it on that link
Old 05-27-2010, 05:46 AM   #21
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
Quote:
Sorry, created a new thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85353

basically, shops don't want to touch the v6 until software is out to tune individual cars. They are leary about trifecta, and would rather tune the cars in their shop rather than sending it away. Although, there is a shop here in Vegas willing to do the trifecta tune for me. Which I'm also told isn't 100% when it comes to an f/I application.
No offense to you at all trust me but that is complete and udder BS. Whoever told you this is full of sh&*. Why you may ask....Trifecta is the one doing the tune for STS! I have talked to both STS and Vince@Trifecta and they both say he is doing the tune. STS was also trying for a TT setup but they backed off once Vince said the tuning seemed to be a little far out there. It is these custom shops who may damage a motor instead of Trifecta. Besides Trifecta is the only company out there right now with a tune for the V6.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
No offense to you at all trust me but that is complete and udder BS. Whoever told you this is full of sh&*. Why you may ask....Trifecta is the one doing the tune for STS! I have talked to both STS and Vince@Trifecta and they both say he is doing the tune. STS was also trying for a TT setup but they backed off once Vince said the tuning seemed to be a little far out there. It is these custom shops who may damage a motor instead of Trifecta. Besides Trifecta is the only company out there right now with a tune for the V6.
I don't think you understand. I know, and the shops I talk to know that trifecta has a tune for the v6. But it's not the same as a tune, say from hptuner. where the shops get the software to tune on the spot, to account for weather that day on the dyno in your area, fine tuning other aspects as well. Shops know they can send in the specs to trifecta, then get the tune back, but it's not the same. The biggest reason is probably because they've never even heard of Trifecta prior to this tune, and would just rather tune the cars themselves. That I don't know. As I've said, I'd rather have the shop I trust to tune my car. It's almost like having a "middle man" with trifecta.

Also, how is the tune coming along with STS, since you are so confident about it? As far as I know, you can't buy the kit yet, and with no updates, it's safe to assume the hold-up is with the tune...
Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #23
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc View Post
i have also talked to vince@trifecta the problem with the sts kit wasnt the tune...the tune is done and ready to go, im trying to do a custom kit because im tired of waighting for all these companys to come out with something, i just gotta sell my bike to get the funds for it
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #24
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
i have also talked to vince@trifecta the problem with the sts kit wasnt the tune...the tune is done and ready to go, im trying to do a custom kit because im tired of waighting for all these companys to come out with something, i just gotta sell my bike to get the funds for it
so do you know what the problem is then? if there is one...
Old 05-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #25
PoorMansCamaro

also, lets say everything is perfect and ready to sell for the STS kit. and lets say I buy this kit, can i then fine tune it for my specific car? because like a lot of things, each car is different from the next. Location/altitude/weather is also a factor.

This would be the first car I would be buying a turbo kit for, so i'm not sure how that would work.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #26
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
ya the problem from what i was told was that the car was tuned at a high altitude and then brought down to sea levil and ran that and something with the torque managment .......from what i hear and ya if you got the turbo the way it works is they bolt everything on and you get a base tune, they then call or email vince and show him the run and then he does some tweaking, you do that till its right
call vince when i talked to him he was more than happy to tell me how everything worked
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

another thing with a "box" tune or a tune you have to send away to get tweaked for your car is the fact that if you have a daily driver (like me), and you have to be out of a car for a certain amount of time. Then the chance that the tune isn't right for whatever reason, and you have to send it back. it just seems to be such a hassle for a F/I application. Not so much with basic bolt-ons though. I'm thinking of getting CAI, long tubes and catback soon, and trifecta might be my only option for that.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
another thing with a "box" tune or a tune you have to send away to get tweaked for your car is the fact that if you have a daily driver (like me), and you have to be out of a car for a certain amount of time. Then the chance that the tune isn't right for whatever reason, and you have to send it back. it just seems to be such a hassle for a F/I application. Not so much with basic bolt-ons though. I'm thinking of getting CAI, long tubes and catback soon, and trifecta might be my only option for that.
NO, you do not send your ECU back and forth with Trifecta!

You data log, e-mail the logs to Vince, Vince makes adjustments and Vince emails you the tune... repeat until things are good...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote