Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #85
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYSLAR View Post
There will never be a museum or delivery option for the Camaro. Very few customers are in Canada or willing to go to Canada to pick up their car.
X2[/QUOTE]

Not an attempt to hijack, but a common thread through many of these posts seems to be a desire for official documentation of some sort...

GM Canada has a department known as "Vintage Vehicle Sevices"
http://vintagevehicleservices.com/

GM Canada is able to officially document and provide production info (build date and location, selling dealer, all RPO codes etc. for any GM vehicle produced in Canada or built in the U.S. and sold in Canada.
Here is a sample of the production documentation:
http://vintagevehicleservices.com/le...ple_opt_55.pdf

Also included in the Vintage Vehicle Package is a comprehensive booklet of virtually all Engineering Specifications for your specific year and vehicle line.

I can't remember the latest price , but a quick call to the number listed on the website would confirm $... I believe it's in the area of CDN$65.00 now.

I think it's a great piece of official documentation for any vehicle - and there is some really useful info in the engineering specs book.

Best regards,

Elie
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #86
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac427 View Post
You want to have factory delivery?
Move the assembly of Camaros to the Corvette Assembly Plant.
Pair up with the Corvette Museum and call it the Corvette/Camaro Museum.
They have the facilities to do all your documentation.
They do a great delivery and prep for Corvettes (I did it in 2005 and it was awesome)
They are building a huge sports complex across the street with a road course, drag strip, and autocross area. What a great place for an annual Camaro Bash!

So everything is there. Just have to move the assembly to Kentucky. They have the room now that they're not making the Caddy!

Bob
How thats what I'm thinkin.
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #87
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
For a Corvette I might consider the factory delivery because it is only 2 hours down the road, but I'm not interested in paying more money so I can then pay to fly to Canada and drive the car back. The Corvette factory is within 600 miles of 47% of the US population (not a made up statistic, it is fact) so it works for a lot of people. I don't think this option would translate very well to the Camaro just due to the location of the factory.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #88
Wayner2k2

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
I want to say that I'll think about it. But the truth is, I would probably end up heading north. If I'm still living in the US at the time.

Got passport – check, got plane ticket – check (probably a TSA body cavity check by then too), and got Z-28 – check (from bank)!! My philosophy is go big or go home! Although, in this case the Z-28 has a “bigger” engine, and I will be heading home. WOOHOO So, I guess I’m in.
Wayner2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #89
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
One-Way Plane Ticket, free hotel, a tour, and a plaque or something like that.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #90
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
a video of history of z-28 and maybe a look at the current one being built. something small but that you will cherish. oh a pic with all the people who work at the plant with the z-28 obviously not yours but they can photoshop it too make it your color.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #91
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
.. Afterwards, a simple photo shoot with your Z28 and the Sunoco Camaro, pics with the team, autographs pics and a chance to open track after the race with Matt Bell or Jeff Bucknum coaching in shotgun... That would be fun...

I would say put me down for $1500 for the Pit Pass, Pics of my Z28 w/the Sunoco with John Handcocks from crew and drivers on the pics and an open track with Matt/Jeff shotgun crew chief...

Hell those guys do that now...we hung with them at Limerock...the WHOLE team treated us like we were the owners... They even signed Motorheads Dash trim...if that wasnt enough they asked for our autographs and put that trim in the #9 car and raced with it.
PRETTY COOL GUYS!!!!!

On topic I would have to say this: I would like to watch my car be built, see it get to the end and then drive it out the doors to the transport area.
Realistic and do-able...

Haveing every worker sign every car would be to time consuming, free trips...too costly. Build your own car would be to intrusive to the workers..its $40,000 if I build it and $60,000 if you help....and the insurance liability..OMG!!!

A little fantasy I would like to see : A Z/28 Lemans Blue Convertible with
Black/Tan or Black/ Wht Leather Interior OR a C.O.P.O LS-9 supercharged.....basic vinyl interior (no rear seat)....radio and A/C delete, 6 speed stick and 3.91 rear gears.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #92
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I luv the idea of assisting with the assembly of your purchased car......Honestly,GM/Chevy is well aware that the 2012 Camaro Z/28 will most likely be a hit and they will surely take advantage of it..I am still betting the 2012 Z/28 will have a starting MSRP in the BallPark of $45,000, I am still cringing with the thought of what a '12 Z/28 is going to cost with "options" and in the hands of dealers with Mark-up..
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #93
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
I would love...LOVE to have all of that in the package. I guess I would expect to pay about as much as the option for the Corvettes. I think being allowed, with supervision, to assemble your own engine would be an incredible experience!

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:41 AM   #94
kidddogbites

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS(not Z28)
well i wish that gave it diffrent options for the rear axel ratio because im sick of thease *****-ass rear ends that cant accellerate.my 01 ss has 3:73's and thats not as bad as my cousins black 10 2ss's 3:45 rearend. i guess what im trying to say is they need to have at least 3 diffrent options for that; 3:45's 3:73's and 4:10's at least
kidddogbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #95
adplusone

Drives: 2011 Cayman 2012 Suburban
Deposit Check Ready for Z-28 Factory Delivery

Where do I send it?
adplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #96
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I would rather have it delivered right to my door then at the factory. . .personally.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 AM   #97
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidddogbites View Post
well i wish that gave it diffrent options for the rear axel ratio because im sick of thease *****-ass rear ends that cant accellerate.my 01 ss has 3:73's and thats not as bad as my cousins black 10 2ss's 3:45 rearend. i guess what im trying to say is they need to have at least 3 diffrent options for that; 3:45's 3:73's and 4:10's at least
Excellent point....... Totally AGREE. However, this isn't the right thread for that subject.

I'd pay to have museum papers and assembly line photos etc... maybe i'd raise my original $195 up to $499 for the papers in perfect condition.
499 for papers in archive form.
+200 for walk through plant during assembly
+500 to help make engine

Total $1200.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #98
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
That would be awesome, I would pay for it for sure !
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote