Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #43
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I want some of those 50,000 mile tires
I'm sure tire rack could help ya out. If you mean for your Camaro, you'll have to give up some performance though.
Chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #44
El Rey

Drives: 2014 Blua Ray Metallic 1lt RS
Sorry you had a bad experience but you should know that not all dealers are out to get you. You should be taking your business elsewhere.
I have a great relationship with my dealer out here in vegas.
El Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #45
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Regardless if the manager is right or wrong, when he says "the dealers around the country are better informed"...stop. They SHOULD be better informed but the service centers are typically not, and to me, that's insulting to suggest that I went to the Chapel of GM therefore no wrong will be done. It's just not so. And when he says "my friend" and "I've been doing this for 22 years"...all I see is a used car dealer saying "trust me! We are pals".
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #46
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I'm sure tire rack could help ya out. If you mean for your Camaro, you'll have to give up some performance though.
My last car was a sportscar, RWD, 145 bhp per liter, 340 lb/ft, 5 speed manual.

I had factory stock Goodyear F1s. They lasted 54,000 miles. And I liked to spin the tires shifting into 4th gear.

Re: the Camaro, my 1SS will never see that type of tire life, becasue of the factory wheel and tires sizes.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #47
SIM2LS13

Drives: 2013 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience but you should know that not all dealers are out to get you. You should be taking your business elsewhere.
I have a great relationship with my dealer out here in vegas.
What dealership do you deal with?
  • Apex 1.25" Drop Springs
  • Cold Air Inductions intake
  • Elite Engineering catch can
  • MRT v2 exhaust
  • Four pack gauges
  • OEM ZL1 front bumper
  • OEM ZL1 side rockers
  • OEM ZL1 rear diffuser
  • OEM ZL1 grille
SIM2LS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #48
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Regardless if the manager is right or wrong, when he says "the dealers around the country are better informed"...stop. They SHOULD be better informed but the service centers are typically not, and to me, that's insulting to suggest that I went to the Chapel of GM therefore no wrong will be done. It's just not so. And when he says "my friend" and "I've been doing this for 22 years"...all I see is a used car dealer saying "trust me! We are pals".
You are right on , when he pushed himself back into the back of that office chair and said ,,,my friend ,,,, I was like ,I'm done with this guy
It's a thing that I have , and don't know from where it came from , that when someone that I never saw before , don't know , was never told that Jo sh,,,t works in ther , it's like a deffence mechanism that droops like a fire door , bam
From that point on I had my mind set to just get what I went there for , no more ,no less
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #49
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I don't know about most of you guys but when someone ask me about doing more than I ask. I say did I ask you to do about all that other, I said I want this I don't care what you want.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #50
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

I do customer service and tech support for EOD robotics. I am probably the luckiest Customer Support person on the face of the entire planet. In five years I have had exactly one angry customer and he wasn't mad at me. My customers are 99% US military EOD and/or US law enforcement or fire response. These are level-headed people.

But. After a few months, I found the way to have customers see my point of view. You bring them around to it. You don't say "Well, your robot system hasn't been back here for service in three years. I know what I'm doing, you need to spend more money on service". that's confrontational- I'm making the customer subservient. I work for him, not the other way around.

You say "Well sir (always sir or ma'am until they say 'use my first name') our records show that your system hasn't been serviced in three years. While it's here getting your [small fix or upgrade], we really recommend you get the reliability upgrades we've had in place for the last 36 months. Here's an estimate on that additional work. I really recommend it. You'll save money today if you don't have it done, but there is risk involved, here's the risks of not doing that. You'll actually spend more later if you wait for it to fail. If that's not in your budget now, please see about scheduling a time you can have that done."

Easy. You're not the customer's "pal", you're his expert advisor. You're not pushing him, you're informing him of the pros and cons and educating him on the recommended course of action. You give him every chance, and if you do that each time they speak to you, suddenly the customer knows you give a damn. You nourish customers, you establish a relationship of trust, and you do that by never ever lying or pushing or closing an avenue for the customer to succeed, and by showing them their most beneficial path.It's not hard, you just make their problems your problems. if the company won't allow a certain thing, you have this relationship with the customer, and you simply explain. They know by now that you're not a liar and while it might be too bad that thing can't be done, they will understand that you tried to do everything possible.

I'd love to train GM reps, like the service personnel at their service centers.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #51
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post

I do customer service and tech support for EOD robotics. I am probably the luckiest Customer Support person on the face of the entire planet. In five years I have had exactly one angry customer and he wasn't mad at me. My customers are 99% US military EOD and/or US law enforcement or fire response. These are level-headed people.

But. After a few months, I found the way to have customers see my point of view. You bring them around to it. You don't say "Well, your robot system hasn't been back here for service in three years. I know what I'm doing, you need to spend more money on service". that's confrontational- I'm making the customer subservient. I work for him, not the other way around.

You say "Well sir (always sir or ma'am until they say 'use my first name') our records show that your system hasn't been serviced in three years. While it's here getting your [small fix or upgrade], we really recommend you get the reliability upgrades we've had in place for the last 36 months. Here's an estimate on that additional work. I really recommend it. You'll save money today if you don't have it done, but there is risk involved, here's the risks of not doing that. You'll actually spend more later if you wait for it to fail. If that's not in your budget now, please see about scheduling a time you can have that done."

Easy. You're not the customer's "pal", you're his expert advisor. You're not pushing him, you're informing him of the pros and cons and educating him on the recommended course of action. You give him every chance, and if you do that each time they speak to you, suddenly the customer knows you give a damn. You nourish customers, you establish a relationship of trust, and you do that by never ever lying or pushing or closing an avenue for the customer to succeed, and by showing them their most beneficial path.It's not hard, you just make their problems your problems. if the company won't allow a certain thing, you have this relationship with the customer, and you simply explain. They know by now that you're not a liar and while it might be too bad that thing can't be done, they will understand that you tried to do everything possible.

I'd love to train GM reps, like the service personnel at their service centers.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For this last sentence to become reality , you first have to apply for that job

But , I have a feeling that you wouldn't accept their conditions

Buy again , if you never try , one will never know
Go ahead and try that , and let us know the result !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #52
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Engine oil conditioner?

Even the owner's manual says: don't use oil additives. This dealer is a crook.
Surprised they didn't offer a catch-can, ha
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #53
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Today went to a local dealer for a simple oil change
Just like the book says ,change the engine oil at least once a year or when the
oil change indicator lights up
When asked by the Service ADVISER for the odometer numbers , just shy of
15k ( 2010 ) model

I was offered a 15k service for only $422
I had to explain twice to him that I just wanted/needed a simple oil change

He went on explaining that this car required the said service , and that the dealers around the country are better informed about on how to take care of these cars than what it says on the book
Then I try to explain that I think that those people that designed ,built and texted these cars should know better than the people that service the cars

He comes back saying , My friend ! I do this for over 22 years , I know my job !!!

I had to say again that I'm just following the BOOK AND IM sticking with that

Man , I was ready to take my car keys ( fob ) back and just drive off

Somehow he got it , and just did what I wanted

Needless to say , that I'M no longer going there , and I do have a little tag to make my feelings know to his boss

Going to get myself a set of ramps , gloves , oil filters and do it my self for next time
oldfriend,

Sincere apologies to read of your dealership service experience. We appreciate your feedback and are able to formally document complaints on a customer's behalf. If this is something you'd like to do, please contact me privately.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #54
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
When I took my car In for it's first free oil change they tried to tell me I had to wait every 10,000 miles to change my oil and they tried to tell me my air intake caused a lifter knock and that id have to pay for the work to be done and id have to pay for the oil change as well. Took it to another dealer and my oil was changed and lifters fixed without questions asked. Some dealers are good. Few and far between but some are. I am like you though. I'll do it myself now.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #55
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
honestly, I've never understood why people go to the dealership for maintenance and repairs. I would think by now everyone knows how they are. I mean, why do you think they love to give free oil changes when you buy a car

as someone else said, just go to a jiffy lube,. though I wouldn't stand over them. if they do something wrong, they're liable.
" just go to a jiffy lube",
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote