Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vd5505 View Post
Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a 2011 2SS. I'm new to the 5th gens but not the car scene. I was wondering what some of you thought about superchargers that are offered for this car. Which ones are alot of people using and seeing good reliable results?? This car will be used a lot and its not going to be just sitting around. Any help would be great, thank you.
there are alot of options out there. from a shop stand point and getting to see the units that have issues down he road and see how they all work i would recommend the maggie for a DD car. the KB and Whipple will also do you good, BUT we have had issues in the past on units, not that the company's don't take care of them but if your looking for a turn key, out the door, no issue blower, the maggie is it. You will not get the PEAK HP that a big whipple or KB will get but it can give you anything you want out of a stock motor. We also have GREAT results with the Vortec Blowers. in the last year on Vettes alone we have installed probably over 35 units and non with issues. We normally get a self contained unit with the vortec so you dont have the oil feed line.
No matter what you decide on you will love the power that a FI setup will give you. The tune is the key on making the motor live! We have a STOCK motor shop car(l99 auto car) that does 664 rwhp on pump gas and under 10 PSI and it. It has been going for a while now at that power level.

welcome to C5. have fun with your car! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
there are alot of options out there. from a shop stand point and getting to see the units that have issues down he road and see how they all work i would recommend the maggie for a DD car. the KB and Whipple will also do you good, BUT we have had issues in the past on units, not that the company's don't take care of them but if your looking for a turn key, out the door, no issue blower, the maggie is it. You will not get the PEAK HP that a big whipple or KB will get but it can give you anything you want out of a stock motor. We also have GREAT results with the Vortec Blowers. in the last year on Vettes alone we have installed probably over 35 units and non with issues. We normally get a self contained unit with the vortec so you dont have the oil feed line.
No matter what you decide on you will love the power that a FI setup will give you. The tune is the key on making the motor live! We have a STOCK motor shop car(l99 auto car) that does 664 rwhp on pump gas and under 10 PSI and it. It has been going for a while now at that power level.

welcome to C5. have fun with your car! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!
Nice writeup. My car is not a DD and my max boost is around 8. The power increase is way more than I can handle right now. I'm taking it to the track on Monday so I will either have some good numbers or some broken parts on the track. Hope to get a decent 12.7 put of it.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
Blue Streak
Blue Streak

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS, SuperCharged
With 513rwhp, did you have to buy new tires to grip the road for daily driving? If not, how do the stock tires handle that amount of hp? I ask b/c I am in process of installing one now. Curious on what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
I dropped a Maggie on my stock LS3, got 490tq and 513hp at the back wheels. I sure hope I'm one of the lucky ones and gets some milage out of my engine, CC scares me above. I got a modest tune and am sticking with the stock pulley. It's hard not to beat on it right now.
Blue Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #18
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I am also checking out superchargers but probably won't have one put on until my warranty expires. Those of you that have them, is there any kind of gage in the car that shows the boost pressure? What does the super charger sound like? Do you get that jet whine kind of sound? Is there any delay when you hit the gas until the super charger kicks in?

Russ

They can be added easily enough. One of the more preferred boost gauges is from Andy at ADM.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I installed an Edelbrock E-Force S/C.It is 95% street car and I'm very happy with it.

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I got the Magnuson TVS2300 because of the proven reliability and drivability. It's very fun to drive and it looks SHWEET!

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #21
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
going with the vortec SI next week.guess i will let you know what i think.
My tuner say's it is the way to go and i listened .....we will see?

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Do some research and get what you want. In the end they will all be very close in power, price, and reliability. Each brand will offer some different characteristics but more or less they will net you the same result in the end....more power!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
With 513rwhp, did you have to buy new tires to grip the road for daily driving? If not, how do the stock tires handle that amount of hp? I ask b/c I am in process of installing one now. Curious on what to expect.

There are guys out there that have over 700 rwhp and still drive around on the stock tires. Mine still look brand new. You won't be able to use what the car has without ending up in the woods so the tires are still going to wear the same, or very close to, when you purchased the car. If you start hammering the gas on a blown car on the street, lets just say it won't last long or be very pretty.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #24
GJG

Drives: 2SS
I went with the Magnacharger TVS1900 and it is incredible!!!!!..

....there is a school of thought that if your not going further than a blower cam and 550 or so HP is your limit that the 1900 is the way to go.......for the reasons above and almost a $1000 less i choose it over the 2300.

either way.....you cannot go wrong....
Old 02-26-2011, 08:00 AM   #25
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJG View Post
I went with the Magnacharger TVS1900 and it is incredible!!!!!..

....there is a school of thought that if your not going further than a blower cam and 550 or so HP is your limit that the 1900 is the way to go.......for the reasons above and almost a $1000 less i choose it over the 2300.

either way.....you cannot go wrong....
Glad you LOVE it!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #26
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Glad you LOVE it!
i do!! i still find it hard to believe just how strong it is and how much difference it made....

For anyone looking to purchase a maggie, i can't say enough about Hendrix!

thanks for fixin' me up!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #27
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Can someone tell me the effects of adding a supercharger to your factory warranty? I'd love to add more HP to my new car, but I don't want to mess with any engine mods that can affect my warranty. I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere on the forum, but I can't find anything about it. Thanks!!
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
A Supercharger will void your powertrain warranty....

If you have the money to buy a Supercharger then you should plan to fix anything that goes wrong with your car....

There is a few things you can do to get some more power and keep your warranty,but I would say less than 50hp max...
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote