Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you like the 14 camaro better or 10-13.
I like the 2014 style better 121 48.79%
I think the 2010-13 style looked better 127 51.21%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #71
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
It's all in good fun...when the 5th gens came out...I got one as quick as I could...had that time been now....I'd have a '14
It's all good man....I like'em all...
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #72
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Yes, I'm glad I waited. I like the new front and rear.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #73
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
With any vehicle model compared to itself its hard to prefer one model over the next unless its very much more substantial. I could have bought a 14, I went for a 13.
I owned a 2011 2ss/rs triple black vert l99. I went with a 13 CRT manual with dual mode, sunroof, heritage grill, and premium wheels, and the stick . I never cared for the egg crate grill, on the 14 the grill shrunk so much its almost too small as the lower valance opened up. Yes it made the car look somewhat meaner, but also the top plastic piece of the lower valances grill is a...hey what could not put another piece of grill? did they over extend the bottom grill just for looks and could have used the space to maybe make the top grill that much larger? And the appearance of the lights the beautiful halos was lessened by the grill squeeze.
Not that I do not like what they were trying to do, its just that I would have done it a little better. The change to square for the DRLs and the little heat extractor in the hood, nice, and the square shape nice yet the DRL's got smaller, and the heat extractor made me think of wannabe zl1. I will on my own most likely go with a couple hex vents over the exhaust and think them preferable.
Taste is always subjective. Its funny how the guy in the post of two gen fives used the spring special edition to compare.... Its paint and grounds effects help the looks of the 14, especially where the larger plastic exhaust diffuser cover is so plastic and huge on a 14 compared to a 13. I totally prefer the 13 rear end, the 14 is supposed to be a tribute to what..if a 69 had wrap around lights and that did not happen, and was not the best look for Camaros...ie 2nd and 3rd gens. I did see on here a company already making a aftermarket rear end with lights that look 100% better than the OEM rear..... just goes to show taste is subjective and someone made a rear end for it in how long? a year maybe tops... and different rears for the 10-13 ? unless its a transam copy its not something I ever saw produced except for the more retro look with the fake chrome bumpers that's way spendy to match the front.
I miss the pan break on the rear end to give it angle as the car is a angular car just as the new vette is and feel that was wrong to eliminate it along with the wrap around tail lights.

But to say it all I cannot nit pick a car I love so much to death, the newer 6th gen Camaros coming out just as the 14s will I am sure be loved and awesome and yes from spy picks obviously going off the success of our Camaros with the looks a lot similar. I wish I could be a designer for G.M. as a old hot rodder I would try things and come up with a complete package, as change for changes sake have to happen, its also in the eye of the beholders and what they think will sell. And they have to go off of what they can see for ideas, ideas and what they are presented with from design based on what they ask for. They did no big changes to the interior, no drastic redesign, mainly molded front and rear design changes that are the same as many models with slight changes that they think the old design has gone stale. Hopefully they have realized this is a red hot body style and many different variations will sell. Café standards are coming though, and change is the only thing we can count on. I just pray they do not go mustangish....... as in there new stang that is supposed to be a blend of retro and ...... fusion? So the changes they made from 10-13 to 14-15 front ends and rear ends.. half is to be liked, the other half is red headed step child.... and I am sure they had too many cooks in the kitchen. And I hope gm looks to this site and sees our ideas of what we see as perfect from those of us who can buy again and again, and have taste that is in the mainstream of what would be chosen by a objective crowd as really desirable compared to not. And use common sense such as actually working brake heat extractor vents...not phony side scoops like a stang.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #74
Majic
Majic

Drives: 2018 1LT Black...V6
This is my 3rd 5th Gen and I like it the best!!!

Rick
"MAJIC"
2014 2SS/RS.
Majic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #75
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
With any vehicle model compared to itself its hard to prefer one model over the next unless its very much more substantial. I could have bought a 14, I went for a 13.
I owned a 2011 2ss/rs triple black vert l99. I went with a 13 CRT manual with dual mode, sunroof, heritage grill, and premium wheels, and the stick . I never cared for the egg crate grill, on the 14 the grill shrunk so much its almost too small as the lower valance opened up. Yes it made the car look somewhat meaner, but also the top plastic piece of the lower valances grill is a...hey what could not put another piece of grill? did they over extend the bottom grill just for looks and could have used the space to maybe make the top grill that much larger? And the appearance of the lights the beautiful halos was lessened by the grill squeeze.
Not that I do not like what they were trying to do, its just that I would have done it a little better. The change to square for the DRLs and the little heat extractor in the hood, nice, and the square shape nice yet the DRL's got smaller, and the heat extractor made me think of wannabe zl1. I will on my own most likely go with a couple hex vents over the exhaust and think them preferable.
Taste is always subjective. Its funny how the guy in the post of two gen fives used the spring special edition to compare.... Its paint and grounds effects help the looks of the 14, especially where the larger plastic exhaust diffuser cover is so plastic and huge on a 14 compared to a 13. I totally prefer the 13 rear end, the 14 is supposed to be a tribute to what..if a 69 had wrap around lights and that did not happen, and was not the best look for Camaros...ie 2nd and 3rd gens. I did see on here a company already making a aftermarket rear end with lights that look 100% better than the OEM rear..... just goes to show taste is subjective and someone made a rear end for it in how long? a year maybe tops... and different rears for the 10-13 ? unless its a transam copy its not something I ever saw produced except for the more retro look with the fake chrome bumpers that's way spendy to match the front.
I miss the pan break on the rear end to give it angle as the car is a angular car just as the new vette is and feel that was wrong to eliminate it along with the wrap around tail lights.

But to say it all I cannot nit pick a car I love so much to death, the newer 6th gen Camaros coming out just as the 14s will I am sure be loved and awesome and yes from spy picks obviously going off the success of our Camaros with the looks a lot similar. I wish I could be a designer for G.M. as a old hot rodder I would try things and come up with a complete package, as change for changes sake have to happen, its also in the eye of the beholders and what they think will sell. And they have to go off of what they can see for ideas, ideas and what they are presented with from design based on what they ask for. They did no big changes to the interior, no drastic redesign, mainly molded front and rear design changes that are the same as many models with slight changes that they think the old design has gone stale. Hopefully they have realized this is a red hot body style and many different variations will sell. Café standards are coming though, and change is the only thing we can count on. I just pray they do not go mustangish....... as in there new stang that is supposed to be a blend of retro and ...... fusion? So the changes they made from 10-13 to 14-15 front ends and rear ends.. half is to be liked, the other half is red headed step child.... and I am sure they had too many cooks in the kitchen. And I hope gm looks to this site and sees our ideas of what we see as perfect from those of us who can buy again and again, and have taste that is in the mainstream of what would be chosen by a objective crowd as really desirable compared to not. And use common sense such as actually working brake heat extractor vents...not phony side scoops like a stang.
sorry, i fell asleep,
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #76
fussboss

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
lol a great follow up question should be "And what model do you have?"

I like both versions, they both have great points to them. I picked a '14 because it looks like a new car to me with the LEDs. When I see cars with (now) old style non-led lights it just looks like an older car and does not stand out to me. For me this 14-15 look is awesome and what I wanted. I could have got a '13 at a discount but I chose to get a '14 when they first came out and paid more for it.

Bottom line is we all have a Camaro. No need to hate on a fellow Camaro owner.
fussboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #77
jcsuddre

Drives: 2016 black 2 ss
I had a 2013 v6 and traded it in for the 14 ss. My personal opinion i think both 10-13 and 14 look good equally however i do feel that the 10-13 design looks a tad bit dated which is why they did this refresh. The refresh look is just that a refresh on the 5th gen I do like the 14 RS tails better than the 10-13 tails however the normal non rs tail 14 need some work done. On a side note If you are looking from a distance the rs tails look kind of like vette at night time.
jcsuddre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #78
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oustaz View Post
I am wondering why 14 owners are trying so hard to convince themselves that they did the right choice, even if 1 millions 14s camaro were sold, they will never beat the look of the 10-13 front and rear.When I see a 2014 on the road it's like any other car but when I see a 10-13 .End of discussion
See, I'm the opposite. I personally can't stand the 10-13. I think the rear is hideous. I love the 14, so I bought the ZL. I have no dog in this fight. This is the first American car I've owned so. I stayed away from the Camaro, but when they refreshed it, I leaned towards it. I saw a ZL1 fly by me a few months ago. It was the first one I've ever seen. I had to buy one.
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #79
txferrari

Drives: 2016 Z06/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
sorry, i fell asleep,
txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #80
ProchargedSS

Drives: 2014 ZL1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
sorry, i fell asleep,
Old 09-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #81
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Haha! I broke the tie.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #82
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post

What you are calling DRL's on the 14 are actually Fog Lights with a switch to turn them on and off. The DRL's on the 14 are the bad ass Halo's.

The 14's are freakin Awesome. Nothing I don't like about them. The pole is about 50/50 yet one side is 3 years worth of cars where the other is just one year. That says a lot for the refresh if you ask me.
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #83
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
I picked the 10-13 but I do like the 14, any Camaro is awesome

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #84
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
I look at it this way, when I first started looking for a Camaro this time around I didn't think anything looked better than the '79 I had before. Then I bought the 2012 and fell in love with it. I wasn't certain how I thought about the changes for the 2014s until I actually bought one and again, fell in love with it. It may be that I'm convincing myself to like them since I spent the money on them but regardless, I really do like them. Yes, I even like the tail lights though I think getting the RS package had a little something to do with that.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote