Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #155
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Are you people not paying attention ??? I posted a link above yes a NEW 5.0 motor will be in the NEW 2010 MUSTANG 400 hp 400 fpt. IRS is very likely due to the fact that the new platform in 05 was actually designed for it and Ford knows it has to compete or lose market share to the others, so it will be a close race vs the Maro and Chally the picture from CAR AND DRIVER is very close to the real deal Blue Oval sources say plus expect the car to come in with less FAT than the Maro or Chally. I do like the Camaro SS and Challenger SRT8 and Mustang GT all great cars all with a lot of history behind them ,and all a little different with there own style , it will be hard to decide what to buy next year that's for shure , the MUSCLE CAR RACE IS BACK YEAHHHH
Old 08-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #156
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Are you people not paying attention ??? I posted a link above yes a NEW 5.0 motor will be in the NEW 2010 MUSTANG 400 hp 400 fpt. IRS is very likely due to the fact that the new platform in 05 was actually designed for it and Ford knows it has to compete or lose market share to the others, so it will be a close race vs the Maro and Chally the picture from CAR AND DRIVER is very close to the real deal Blue Oval sources say plus expect the car to come in with less FAT than the Maro or Chally. I do like the Camaro SS and Challenger SRT8 and Mustang GT all great cars all with a lot of history behind them ,and all a little different with there own style , it will be hard to decide what to buy next year that's for shure , the MUSCLE CAR RACE IS BACK YEAHHHH
That mag is photoshoped.

The article about 5.0 is from May. WAYYYY long time ago. might be accurate, more than likely not.

the Platform is unchanged. you dont just "get" an IRS platform, you spend lots and lots of money to research and build one.

Ford cant solve their issues just by giving the car a bigger engine. (which btw. Adds weight)
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #157
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
That mag is photoshoped.

The article about 5.0 is from May. WAYYYY long time ago. might be accurate, more than likely not.

the Platform is unchanged. you dont just "get" an IRS platform, you spend lots and lots of money to research and build one.

Ford cant solve their issues just by giving the car a bigger engine. (which btw. Adds weight)
They fix their problem by circling them, and they have'nt fixed it for years....get it?
Old 08-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #158
Congoman775

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
They fix their problem by circling them, and they have'nt fixed it for years....get it?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #159
MAROobsession

Drives: 05 Honda Accord V6
the 5.0 GT wouln't be getting 400hp, i'd say 350 at most.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #160
Congoman775

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAROobsession View Post
the 5.0 GT wouln't be getting 400hp, i'd say 350 at most.
well id say 370 at VERY MOST.

nothing to dangerous.

more likely 330-350
Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #161
SyN

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
You obviously missed the whole point of what I was saying in this thread. You should go back to playing video games and leave the car talk to the big boys.
Big Boys? and how old would you be then Mr. Big Boy? No I didn't miss the point.. you flat out said:

"But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights."

Seems pretty clear you're saying you can't wait to show some Camaro's the tail lights of your Mustake, I mean mustang... Maybe you should read your own post before starting to talk stuff and throw out your weak insults. For someone who considers yourself a "Big boy" looks to me you need some growing up to do. Didn't realize you were going to be butt hurt about my little post.. It's sad you reply with insults. Pathetic, you're not even worth my time "Big Boy".
Old 08-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #162
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Ooooooo K.

Up until now this thread has had a humorous feel to it. Now it seems clear to me that people are upset.

All I'm asking is, we restore the friendly banter. Please.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #163
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Ooooooo K.

Up until now this thread has had a humorous feel to it. Now it seems clear to me that people are upset.

All I'm asking is, we restore the friendly banter. Please.
Cant we all just get along
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #164
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
You sound like one of those ignorant ricers that's always putting down the C6 Corvette's because they have a "stone age" leaf spring suspension and big inefficient V8's. In spite of some of it's "stone age" components I believe the Corvette to be one of the best handling and performing sports cars on the planet. You may consider the suspension on the Mustang primitive but the live rear axle is lighter and stronger than most IRS types and actually works quite fine on the road course and the dragstrip.
You should also be a bit more careful about throwing the "stone age" reference around. Last time I checked the LS3 (and LS7 in the Vette) were still using pushrods....talk about stone age. But yet they still make great reliable power and deliver decent gas mileage. State of the art, modern design does not always mean something is superior as there is often more than one way to obtain excellent performance results. And yes I'm quite confident that my Whipple supercharged Mustang GT with 443 rwhp-approx 505 hp at the crank (and a host of other goodies, including some upgrades to my "stone age" suspension) will easily beat a 600+ lbs heavier with less power SRT-8 Challenger (and 2010 Camaro when they finally hit the streets). Once guys start modding them with superchargers and nitrous it will probably be a different story. But we'll see. It's going to be fun finding out. Long live the new horsepower wars!!!
Don't forget rice is the true enemy. Not fellow muscle car owners.
Don't forget that GMMP will be availible as soon as you buy your camaro, and most of us (or just me) will have them installed right at the dealers, but dont get me wrong they only can go as high as there limited but thats what after market is for. so I would say you will get a run for your money as soon as they come out. but keep in mind this is mostly my opinion not fact.... Annnd before ricers came out it was raw muscle car war nothin else so i dont think ricers are gonna play to much competition, unless a true idiot really thinks they can beat raw muscle then go ahead.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #165
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Old 08-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #166
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
two months almost 3 months old. and as with anything that is talked about before official information is release it's a joke to take seriously.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #167
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
The front end has my approval, not better looking than the camaro but you guys have to understand its to early for a new gen mustang just like the 1997 to 1998 camaro its just a front end lift, just like the 2002 to the 2003 silverado, just a face lift. The camaro in 2014 will also have a face lift.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #168
No_Quarter

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Hate to break it to you, but the Mustang will have a 5.0 liter engine in the 2011 MY.

It will have 400 hp, 365 lb-ft of torque and a 7k rpm redline.

The '05 Mustang did have an IRS with the current S197 chasis, but it was yanked out due to cost. So yes, it is possible to stick one in there again.

http://www.mach1*************/forums/...ad.php?t=85127

Closed Thread