Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #29
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
The list I provided clearly indicated that it included ALL model years- 03-08 350z's, NOT just the HR...

Your car is still much slower than those older models. Get over it, and have a nice weekend
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #30
VTimHokie85

Drives: 2010 SS/RS L99 SIM
Had a guy pull up next to me in his 350Z yesterday. He said: "Wanna go Brah?"
VTimHokie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #31
JMM1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTimHokie85 View Post
Cool story bro
Old 09-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This thread is full of something.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTimHokie85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMM1181 View Post
Cool story bro
+1

BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #34
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Congratulations, you owned a Maxima not a 350Z, which means you know absolutely nothing about the HR 350Z you've been talking about. The 350Z HR is a completely different engine than what your Maxima had (80% completely new engine from DE, twin intakes, etc.).
Its still the same poorly engineered, oil burning, rough running, crappy sounding, unbalanced V6 that has been around forever. Just because they upgraded the intake and components does not mean its a new enigne.

Quote:
Why do people feel a compulsion to spread nonsense about what they know nothing about? I own a 350Z, I think I know a little bit more about the Z and its potential than you do. I have driven the V6 Camaro a number of times and it is a slug, plain and simple, with obvious deadspots in the gas pedal.
The V6 Camaro is not as bad as you make it sound. Not one professional review I have read has said anything about "deadsports" in the pedal, and none have called it a "slug". However, every review I have read with a car that has a VQ its been mentioned that the engine is extremely harsh and grainy in the upper RPM's, and the engine is so unbalanced that the vibrations can be felt through the shifter and pedals. What an awesome engine

Quote:
What is the fastest stock time for a 2010-2011 V6 Camaro?

Here are the top 30 100% stock 350z's. This list does not even include the large number of driver's who hit 13.1x-13.3's completely stock but who had their OEM tires replaced with standard non-OEM tires (i.e. not slicks or drags).

100% OEM down to the tire

ALL TIMES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED
Verified by who lol?? Some 350Z forum moderator that took someone's word for it that their car ran that time or that the timeslip they provided was actually their time slip?? What a joke.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #35
JMM1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Its still the same poorly engineered, oil burning, rough running, crappy sounding, unbalanced V6 that has been around forever. Just because they upgraded the intake and components does not mean its a new enigne.

The V6 Camaro is not as bad as you make it sound. Not one professional review I have read has said anything about "deadsports" in the pedal, and none have called it a "slug". However, every review I have read with a car that has a VQ its been mentioned that the engine is extremely harsh and grainy in the upper RPM's, and the engine is so unbalanced that the vibrations can be felt through the shifter and pedals. What an awesome engine

Verified by who lol?? Some 350Z forum moderator that took someone's word for it that their car ran that time or that the timeslip they provided was actually their time slip?? What a joke.
Wesman, there's a reason why nobody pays attention to you. Your posts lack coherent logic, consistency, or any validity, and are instead based purely on your emotions, and let's be honest- you are a very emotional person. This is fine, and please don't take that the wrong way, I'm just pointing out that you would be better off posting on a rational, rather than an emotional basis. It's hard for anybody to take what you say seriously when you have been on these boards for years and very seldom do you have anything worthwhile or constructive to a thread besides how you feel.

This thread is about the 350z vs V6 Camaro. I own a 350z and have driven the V6 Camaro a number of times. Those same professional reviews you mention, rate the V6 Camaro at a 6.1 second 0-60 and 14.5 quarter mile. 14.5 second quarter mile is by no means slow, but by no means fast. I am only pointing out that the oldest and slowest 350z which had only 287 HP was rated at 13.9-14.0 quarter mile in professional reviews, and based on verified times, was clearly capable of 13.6x's. The latest model 350z HR was rated at a 0-60 of 5.1 seconds (a second faster than the V6 Camaro) and a quarter mile time of 13.6-13.7, depending on the professional review- this is also nearly a second faster than the Camaro's quarter mile time, and as has been documented, is capable of low 13's completely stock with a great driver and excellent conditions.

Now, you can huff and puff and get angry, or just accept that the V6 Camaro is a head turner and beautiful car, but if you want to call it a 'fast' car your only option is to upgrade to the SS or spend some money on forced induction.

Last edited by JMM1181; 09-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:33 PM   #36
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Wesman, there's a reason why nobody pays attention to you. Your posts lack coherent logic, consistency, or any validity, and are instead based purely on your emotions, and let's be honest- you are a very emotional person. This is fine, and please don't take that the wrong way, I'm just pointing out that you would be better off posting on a rational, rather than an emotional basis. It's hard for anybody to take what you say seriously when you have been on these boards for years and very seldom do you have anything worthwhile or constructive to a thread besides how you feel.

What the hell are you even talking about?? You make no sense, just like every other one of your posts.

I said the VQ is a unbalanced motor with an appetite for oil. Its rough running in the higher RPM's, and noticeable vibrations can be felt in the shifter and pedals. The VQ is a notorious oil burner, and has been for years.

Those are all FACTS, not opinions. Just because you choose to ignore the facts does not render them non-existant

Quote:
This thread is about the 350z vs V6 Camaro. I own a 350z and have driven the V6 Camaro a number of times. Those same professional reviews you mention, rate the V6 Camaro at a 6.1 second 0-60 and 14.5 quarter mile. 14.5 second quarter mile is by no means slow, but by no means fast. I am only pointing out that the oldest and slowest 350z which had only 287 HP was rated at 13.9-14.0 quarter mile in professional reviews, and based on verified times, was clearly capable of 13.6x's. The latest model 350z HR was rated at a 0-60 of 5.1 seconds (a second faster than the V6 Camaro) and a quarter mile time of 13.6-13.7, depending on the professional review- this is also nearly a second faster than the Camaro's quarter mile time, and as has been documented, is capable of low 13's completely stock with a great driver and excellent conditions.
There you go with the "verified times" crap again...verified by who?? The owners themselves?? Thats a joke.

Quote:
Now, you can huff and puff and get angry, or just accept that the V6 Camaro is a head turner and beautiful car, but if you want to call it a 'fast' car your only option is to upgrade to the SS or spend some money on forced induction.
Nobody is getting angry except for you, I don't even own a V6 Camaro and don't ever plan on owning one, its just comical listening to you get all butt hurt because people like the V6 Camaro better than your $40,000 370Z.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #37
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:

What the hell are you even talking about?? You make no sense, just like every other one of your posts.

I said the VQ is a unbalanced motor with an appetite for oil. Its rough running in the higher RPM's, and noticeable vibrations can be felt in the shifter and pedals. The VQ is a notorious oil burner, and has been for years.

Those are all FACTS, not opinions. Just because you choose to ignore the facts does not render them non-existant

There you go with the "verified times" crap again...verified by who?? The owners themselves?? Thats a joke.

Nobody is getting angry except for you, I don't even own a V6 Camaro and don't ever plan on owning one, its just comical listening to you get all butt hurt because people like the V6 Camaro better than your $40,000 370Z.
As much power as we ripped out of our VQ35s it is very rough and constantly burned oil.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #38
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:

Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #39
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:

And other magazines rate the camaro at 14.3,14.4,14.2 etc... as well as better 0-60 times. Good job on comparing the worse camaro times against the best 350z times lol.
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #40
JMM1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
And other magazines rate the camaro at 14.3,14.4,14.2 etc... as well as better 0-60 times. Good job on comparing the worse camaro times against the best 350z times lol.
Then you choose the professional review and post it here. I just posted the first ones I found, don't care to cherry pick.

Find the best possible quarter mile times you can for the new V6 Camaro, and the worst possible for the 350z for all I care, but make sure you correctly call them out by model year and provide links for everyone.

In the end, it doesn't really make a difference. We see the real world V6 Camaro times posted above which proves it is not a low 14 second car, but rather more of a mid-14 second car. In fact, according to that official list, no one has gotten below a 14.4x. If the car truly had the potential I think we would have seen at least a glimpse of it by now, don't you?
Old 09-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #41
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Then you choose the professional review and post it here. I just posted the first ones I found, don't care to cherry pick.

Find the best possible quarter mile times you can for the new V6 Camaro, and the worst possible for the 350z for all I care, but make sure you correctly call them out by model year and provide links for everyone.

In the end, it doesn't really make a difference. We see the real world V6 Camaro times posted above which proves it is not a low 14 second car, but rather more of a mid-14 second car. In fact, according to that official list, no one has gotten below a 14.4x. If the car truly had the potential I think we would have seen at least a glimpse of it by now, don't you?
You realize that the list hasn't been updated for a while because the guy that started it has been in basic training. You'll have to actually read the thread to see the newer timeslips. There have been a few run low 14s stock. There have also been several magazines that have gotten similar times.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
JMM1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You realize that the list hasn't been updated for a while because the guy that started it has been in basic training. You'll have to actually read the thread to see the newer timeslips. There have been a few run low 14s stock. There have also been several magazines that have gotten similar times.
OK, so what is the absolute lowest recorded stock time, 14.2?

Personally, I don't really care. I know what the V6 camaro is capable of and what it's not. For instance, I know it's not capable of high 13's stock, even if given the most ideal weather, greatest driver, and a downhill track. The Camaro will see mostly mid-14's at at the dragstrip, which is nothing to be upset about. You telling me it hit's low 14's probably happens about as frequently as a 350z HR driver hits low 13's.

My only point is that, given all other factors are equal (i.e. drivers, manual, auto, etc.) the Z should win no matter what the model-year. Not only do they all have the potential to run low-high 13's, which the V6 Camaro lacks, their trap times are also in the 100's. The only exception to this is obviously the Roadster (convertible).

Is it possible that the V6 Camaro can beat the 350z in a real world race? Hell yes. There are horrible drivers for every car out there. Wasn't there a vid of a V6 Camaro driver who beat a Mustang GT at the track? I've also seen completely stock newer 350z's beat older model Camaro SS's. It can always happen. That said, the V6 Camaro does not hold an advantage against any model year 350z performance-wise.