Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #113
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Do you ever read your posts prior to hitting the reply button to make sure that what you've typed out doesn't sound so condescending? When I read some of your posts, it's almost like you're scoffing at other people and trying to imply that the question or statement they just made was stupid or dumb. Just an observation
I type how I talk.

Should I edit myself to suit your tastes? Am I here to kiss your ass?

Why make something more complicated than it has to be? Every cell phone that I know of has a car charger adapter. And every new car has an accessory power outlet that is energized when the car is on.

If you want, you can drill a holes in your car and connect a hot line straight from the battery and charge your phone that way.

Or you can use a cheap FM transmitter connected to the audio output on your mp3 player and listen to music that way.

But why would you do any of that if you have an accessory power outlet and a USB port? If you have a USB port, why would you need an 1/8" input? - Maybe so gramps can listen to cassettes on his walkman? Every digital music player connects to your computer through a USB cable... why not cut to the chase and bring that USB cable (instead of a male/male 1/8") with you and control your tunes through the car's stereo, the way it was designed?

My beef isn't with anyone who has a question about USB hubs or connecting multiple devices. I just don't like DOOSHES who try to be coy and cutesy about calling someone a dick. :middlefinger:
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #114
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Do you ever read your posts prior to hitting the reply button to make sure that what you've typed out doesn't sound so condescending? When I read some of your posts, it's almost like you're scoffing at other people and trying to imply that the question or statement they just made was stupid or dumb. Just an observation
That particular post of his, while having his usual tone, was at least decently accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
My beef isn't with anyone who has a question about USB hubs or connecting multiple devices. I just don't like DOOSHES who try to be coy and cutesy about calling someone a dick. :middlefinger:
It's spelled "douches"...
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #115
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I would say that maybe it's a California thing, but that can't be true because there's several people here who are from California that act perfectly civilized.

But yes, fnknstn, if that's how you talk all the time, then I would generally classify you as an ass. But hey, whatever floats your boat, bro.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #116
Red Hot
:)

Drives: 2SS RS Red Jewel
Not to promote the Challenger (that my husband just got), cause I'm still waiting excitedly for my Camaro, but it has a 30 gig hard drive on it and uses Gracenote to add the information to the song tracks that you load onto it, automatically. He'll have the names of all the songs on his displayinstead of them saying "track 1" and will have the ability to put tens of thousands of them on there and not have a single cd in the car. Also will take pictures that it puts on the display. Along with the usb port, it has a iPod plug in, Nav. system......ugh! When we plug in an iPod, there's no place to set it securely, no cubby hole (I have the gauges on mine), the Challenger SRT does.
At least I'll be able to kick his butt at the track
Red Hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #117
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hot View Post
Not to promote the Challenger (that my husband just got), cause I'm still waiting excitedly for my Camaro, but it has a 30 gig hard drive on it and uses Gracenote to add the information to the song tracks that you load onto it, automatically. He'll have the names of all the songs on his displayinstead of them saying "track 1" and will have the ability to put tens of thousands of them on there and not have a single cd in the car. Also will take pictures that it puts on the display. Along with the usb port, it has a iPod plug in, Nav. system......ugh! When we plug in an iPod, there's no place to set it securely, no cubby hole (I have the gauges on mine), the Challenger SRT does.
At least I'll be able to kick his butt at the track
In the Camaro, the USB port is in the center console, and once you plug in your iPod or mp3 player, you can just lay it in the center console and close the lid over it and it should be very secure, both from bumping around while driving and from anyone who decides to look in your car to check for loose electronics.

That's interesting about the gracenote for your cd's information and on-board hard drive. I guess the only problem there might be, if you put in a cd that it doesn't recognize. Plus, I hope it's easy enough to delete tracks from the hard drive once you've ripped them.

A lot of people are looking into having an external hard drive plugged into the USB port, which would act just like having an on-board hard drive, except it's removeable and you could manage everything from your home computer.

You'll have to let us know what pro's and con's you experience with both systems.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #118
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
I would generally classify you as an ass.
Wouldn't be the first time, dude! Anyway, I only talk like that to dickheads. Mommy didn't put him in his place... and daddy wasn't around... so someone's gotta do it.

And yes, Mr Cow, I know how to spell "douche"... I just wanted to be cutely obvious and show that "Hooked On Phonics" helps you read, but not write.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #119
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
I would say that maybe it's a California thing, but that can't be true because there's several people here who are from California that act perfectly civilized.

But yes, fnknstn, if that's how you talk all the time, then I would generally classify you as an ass. But hey, whatever floats your boat, bro.
I think it's a southern California thing

Nah... there are generalities and then there are just people who are outside the norm.

I have talked to some really rude East coast folks, southerners you name it... who knows...
Old 04-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #120
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
I think it's a southern California thing

Nah... there are generalities and then there are just people who are outside the norm.

I have talked to some really rude East coast folks, southerners you name it... who knows...
Yeah dude, I'm just outside the norm

You gotta remember... California is a big state. Maybe not as big as Tejas, but there are more people here. We have rednecks and hicks here too. We have deadbeats and gangsters. We have people like this dude's mom, and people like your brother. We have highly polished individuals, and people who don't have a tooth to brush.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #121
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Yeah dude, I'm just outside the norm

You gotta remember... California is a big state. Maybe not as big as Tejas, but there are more people here. We have rednecks and hicks here too. We have deadbeats and gangsters. We have people like this dude's mom, and people like your brother. We have highly polished individuals, and people who don't have a tooth to brush.
QFT!!!
That's for sure.
You broke the bell curve! Awesome! I bet you were popular in school.

What I love about where I am at in CA, I can drive an hour and a half in one direction and be skiing in Tahoe or hiking or mountain climbing, camping etc..., drive an hour and a half in the other direction and be surfing, para sailing, etc... on the coast. OR stay right where I am at and enjoy the many many lakes to fish or water ski in.

But believe me... there are plenty of things I could do without over here...
Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #122
phatman
Zedder of course...

Drives: 95 Monte Carlo Z34
Quote:
Depending on the ease of navigation...

I'm considering purchasing a separate external hard drive and just dumping multiple GB of MP3's on it (I've ripped every CD that I own) - connecting it to the USB, and the power supply that is supposed to be in the center console. I don't know if the power supply is in the form of a standard 120v jack, or the cigarette lighter type - but a trip to Radio Shack can fix that problem should it be that way.
My apologies if someone has already answered this question but, the power supply is the cigarette lighter type.

There is a pic of it somewhere on this forum...
Old 04-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #123
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatman View Post
My apologies if someone has already answered this question but, the power supply is the cigarette lighter type.

There is a pic of it somewhere on this forum...
Yup! Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
QFT!!!
That's for sure.
You broke the bell curve! Awesome! I bet you were popular in school.

What I love about where I am at in CA, I can drive an hour and a half in one direction and be skiing in Tahoe or hiking or mountain climbing, camping etc..., drive an hour and a half in the other direction and be surfing, para sailing, etc... on the coast. OR stay right where I am at and enjoy the many many lakes to fish or water ski in.

But believe me... there are plenty of things I could do without over here...
Pretty much! It can be hot and humid where you live in Texas, but within an hour's drive you can go to another place where it's hot and humid... or a nice place that is hot and humid... or maybe just a place that's hot. Or, in the winter, cold, dry, windy, possibly snowy.

In California, I could do without all the residents who don't speak english. This includes all those dang irishmen who glare at me and mumble in gaelic as I pass by!! Those lousy knob-slobbers...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #124
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Thanks for all the replies dudes

It's funny how a simple question turned into "such and such person is this" and "people over there are that"...and getting advice on which hard drive to buy.

Now, let's all and sing Kumbaya