Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #71
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
It's a good idea in theory but I'd rather save $175 for something else and get used to carefully parking my car. As in get a better feel over time for where my front end is.

I guess for those who have a camaro that's not their DD, and therefore have trouble knowing exactly where the front end is, it's a pretty good investment.

I know a local member in our club who will be dishing out $100 for some scuffs on the bottom of his bumper, which sucks cause $75 more and he would have this curb alert! lol

But again, I won't be getting it. My camaro is my DD, I need to get used to it on my own.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #72
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleBuster View Post
This place has sensors for front and back.

http://www.echomaster.com/p-parking-sensors.html
Nice. I'd want to do something like this if I were going with parking sensors.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #73
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
It's a good idea in theory but I'd rather save $175 for something else and get used to carefully parking my car. As in get a better feel over time for where my front end is.

I guess for those who have a camaro that's not their DD, and therefore have trouble knowing exactly where the front end is, it's a pretty good investment.

I know a local member in our club who will be dishing out $100 for some scuffs on the bottom of his bumper, which sucks cause $75 more and he would have this curb alert! lol

But again, I won't be getting it. My camaro is my DD, I need to get used to it on my own.
The argument for DD versus weekend car makes perfect sense. Personally, I back in for parking whenever possible, and like to think that I don't need a Curb Alert for myself. I did, however, ultimately install one of these on my car for when I'm not driving it. My girlfriend likes to drive my car (can't say I blame her, she looks pretty great behind the wheel of a Camaro)--and who's going to tell their special lady no?--sometimes, and just having this gives me a TON of peace of mind. I'd rather pay the $160 for the peace of mind knowing that my carbon fiber front splitter's safe when I let her, or a friend if that has to happen for any reason as it sometimes does, than end up having a cracked front splitter and feeling the need to replace a $600 part. Ultimately, the cost of the Curb Alert felt really justified for the amount of peace of mind it has given and will continue to give me over time.
Honestly, too, the Curb Alert has saved me once when I wasn't paying enough attention. We all like to think we're the masters of our own vehicle 100% of the time, but that hubris can also cause us to fall victim to a lack of attention from time to time. It's a security blanket for my prized possession, so far as I'm concerned.

-Matt
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #74
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post

Curb sensing technology available for your car since 1940.

the thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105505
Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #75
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Knowing that we have arguments over 25 cents a car, you can imagine the difficulty in making these decisions.......
I know im a little late here, but I think this $.25 is what is confusing people. They arnt arguing how to save $.25 on each car, the arguments go all the way down to how to save $.25. I would guess most arguments are more in the $1.00 range (sarcasm) which makes for better debates.

I for one am glad my MUSCLE car didn't come with all the bells and whistles of a $60,000 luxury car. If the 2ss didn't come with leather seats I probably would have opted out of them. Oh and the seat warmers. Could have saved some money there. DAMN GM FOR GIVING ME THE EXTRAS I DONT NEED hahaha. If you must have all those nit-picky needs support our aftermarket parts dealers. GM doesn't need all our money.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #76
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
This is the reason I will never put ground effects on my car. My 1 inch drop is enough.
Imagine I have GFX and dropped it 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I'm in big trouble now.
Seriously, I'm more concerned with ruining the rims trying to avoid parking beside other cars in spots that have a curb on one side, to avoid door dings.
Always, an issue with this car avoiding one risk, brings up another.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote