Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #57
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
True story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
its at the dealer now...and can monitor the mileage, fuel, and a few other things on my car while its there...
My brother drops his Corvette off for routine maintenance at Chevy in the morning. Wife drives him to the local fast food restaurant for lunch together midday. His Corvette pulls up (fast & hard) with two techs in it...picking up lunch orders for the rest of the service techs back at the dealership.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #58
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
My brother drops his Corvette off for routine maintenance at Chevy in the morning. Wife drives him to the local fast food restaurant for lunch together midday. His Corvette pulls up (fast & hard) with two techs in it...picking up lunch orders for the rest of the service techs back at the dealership.
This happens more than people think. My cousin bought a brand new WS6 Trans AM in 2002 (Black, 6 speed) for a weekend driver. He took it to the dealer for a routine service. When he picked it up, there was over 100 miles put on it and burnt rubber under the wheel wells. Needless to say, there was HELL to pay!
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #59
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
yep, it sure does... and that my friends is why i have that onstar app on my droid. if that was the case with me, i wouldnt touch the car, and take tons of photos, and even get the police involved. i can see a few miles (less than 10) to test drive it after fixing something, but i would SNAP if there were 100 miles on my car and rubber in the wheel wells!!!

i wish they gave you a "valet" key that puts the car in limp mode or something when you drop it off for valet parking (or at the dealer) so things like that wouldnt/couldnt happen.
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #60
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
Well, thanks GM another lost customer!

So I just got back from seeing the district service manager about the rub marks on my top. He says rub marks are normal, and wont even consider replacing just the top until the rub marks turn into holes! I said normal for a 40K car? Then I mentioned the whole new mechanism that is out and he said I dont think that will fit this car! R u kidding me??? All this and they know I have a GM case number but he doesnt seem to care. First American car in 10 years and now I remember why!!! What do I do to get this resolved without going through the Lemon Law or getting BBB involved. I really like the car but not all the issues.
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #61
themoneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
So I just got back from seeing the district service manager about the rub marks on my top. He says rub marks are normal, and wont even consider replacing just the top until the rub marks turn into holes! I said normal for a 40K car? Then I mentioned the whole new mechanism that is out and he said I dont think that will fit this car! R u kidding me??? All this and they know I have a GM case number but he doesnt seem to care. First American car in 10 years and now I remember why!!! What do I do to get this resolved without going through the Lemon Law or getting BBB involved. I really like the car but not all the issues.
wait until you have holes and maybe by then they will have a better solution out?? mine has a hole starting behind the window, so im DYING to know what the heck they are going to do... im not going to hound them, or continually call, ill wait until i hear from them... then decide my next step. i have no idea how long the body shop will have mine, and if they will do the top and other issues before or after it goes there. whatever, ill keep beeting on the loaner until they get in touch with me. another reason im not hounding them, is because every day they have it, its one step closer to the lemon law being in affect if i need to go that route...
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #62
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY I bought a COUPE Thanks guys
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #63
bambam72_1999

Offered me a LETTER!

The district service manager called and said he will offer me a letter that says he will stand behind the top until 5yr or 100K, but they are not going to do anything else until it becomes holes. Also, the passenger rear window actuator issue is being resolved like this... I can go on the lot to the new camaro convertibles and cycle the windows up and down and which ever actuator I want, they will take it out of the new car and put my faulty on into a brand new car!!! What is that about???
Old 06-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #64
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
wait until you have holes and maybe by then they will have a better solution out?? mine has a hole starting behind the window, so im DYING to know what the heck they are going to do... im not going to hound them, or continually call, ill wait until i hear from them... then decide my next step. i have no idea how long the body shop will have mine, and if they will do the top and other issues before or after it goes there. whatever, ill keep beeting on the loaner until they get in touch with me. another reason im not hounding them, is because every day they have it, its one step closer to the lemon law being in affect if i need to go that route...
FYI...I had a couple of Cavalier converts, and they had the same rub marks/holes problem. The tech said he would turn his back, and if I took a pencil and poked the rub marks into holes, he could replace the top. Even the new top only lasted about a year. Bought an after market one after that second one went south, and it lasted something like 8 years before I sold it, with the top still looking new.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #65
themoneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
The district service manager called and said he will offer me a letter that says he will stand behind the top until 5yr or 100K, but they are not going to do anything else until it becomes holes. Also, the passenger rear window actuator issue is being resolved like this... I can go on the lot to the new camaro convertibles and cycle the windows up and down and which ever actuator I want, they will take it out of the new car and put my faulty on into a brand new car!!! What is that about???
well there ya go, what are u complaining about?? that 5yr 100k he is talking about is probably going to be for the "body systems" and will include the top, mechanics, window motors/regulators, and more. most are only getting 4/65k, so consider yourself lucky. then use the heck out of the top until you have holes or fifth bow disease, or both, and bring it in and get it all replaced. i would be happy with that outcome. if possible, can you email me a copy of the letter when you get it? thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #66
bambam72_1999

GM letter

The problem with the warranty extension is I already bout the 7yr/84k warranty and the warranty he is offering is just for the canvass top! I also only drive this car on good weather weekends, so I will never hit the mileage as I have had the car 9 months and only have 4K miles. So the 100K warranty on only the canvass top is extremely disappointing to me.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #67
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY I bought a COUPE Thanks guys
Careful, big guy. Don't get too relaxed.
You're in better shape, but you're not out of the woods with a coupe.
Trust me; I had one.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #68
themoneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Careful, big guy. Don't get too relaxed.
You're in better shape, but you're not out of the woods with a coupe.
Trust me; I had one.
yup, so did i... traded up to this lemon. just as many problems with the coupes, sans the top problems... but just wait, youll have window problems, oil leaks, and more.. oh the joys of buying an american car... like the saying goes, u can polish up a turd, but... its still a turd.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #69
bambam72_1999

Great saying! I havent owned an American car in over 10 years because the quality issues compared to my dd which is a Honda Accord and my wife's dd which is a honda civic. We also have a Honda Pilot for family outings. My dd has 130K and only been in the shop for routine maintanance and one computer reprogram on the air bag sensor, and I have owned it 6 years, same with my wife's civic which is 6 years old as well, only have had to take it in for sunvisors to be replaced. Nothing on the Pilot! I have owned my Camaro almost 9 months and it has been in the shop 8 times! I love the Camaros look and all, but not all the issues. The last American car I owned was a 99 Z28, which I loved.

Quote:
yup, so did i... traded up to this lemon. just as many problems with the coupes, sans the top problems... but just wait, youll have window problems, oil leaks, and more.. oh the joys of buying an american car... like the saying goes, u can polish up a turd, but... its still a turd.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #70
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Sorry to hear all your trouble man! :(

It'll be hard to find another 45th 'vert. They're out there still, so maybe you can hunt, but you might have the same issues.