Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #29
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Got a chuckle out of this one.

I had my "meeting' with the district manager and the GM engineer. Well I checked on the background of said "engineer" (I would have checked before the meeting, but they never gave me any info on him). According to my research, he has a high school diploma.........

Um yeah, that's it. He worked at a VW dealership for 17 years (top title " Shop Foreman"). The only other education was something called "Today's Tec" (http://www.todaystec.com/) from 2009-2010 and after that he started working for GM (but as some sort of sub from Hewlett Packard).

Call him a technician if you like, but an engineer?

This is the kind of lip service you get from GM. Engineer my ass. Sure he seemed like a nice enough guy, but to label him an engineer is just folly. GM loves to just throw around all kinds of labels and titles. But I would consider this to be a misrepresentation of the highest kind.

"Baffle them with bullshit" appears to be their motto.
It has always been their motto. I will lay odds that GM never designed or had anything to do with the convertible. Probably farmed it out to
ASC which is what they did with their previous ragtops,, which were also disasters. They never learn. They should have hired Ford to do the design. They do it right
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Good luck, Cactus. I hope GM ends up compensating you for your misery on your lemon. Please keep us posted as some of us maybe next!
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
cactuseater

Drives: .
I definitely did not appreciate the secret meeting. That really pissed me off. There's a new guy running the service department, so Chevy, IMO, took advantage of this opportunity to play ball. Too bad for them. Believe me, I've sent about a dozen emails and made several calls in the past hour. I am torqued.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #32
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Love your sig pic. Sorry for all the hassles.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
... he checked and came back with a paper that stated there is a new re-design in the works and due out soon by GM, but they arent available to order as of yet.....
I was told by my district manager last week that the latest revision is due out on 6/27 (tomorrow). Don't know what that really means with regard to getting them to real people but that's what he told me.
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #34
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Love your sig pic. Sorry for all the hassles.
That thank you letter looks familiar
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #35
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Bump I and Bump II

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
What BS.
I have those "bumps" on both sides. They came pre-installed at the factory.
I looked for them on the list of Options on the Window Sticker, but they're under "Standard Equipment" and included with "Power Convertible Top" on mine.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #36
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
That thank you letter looks familiar
I thought you might like that
Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
this is just crap on GM to allow this to happen. the complete replacement top (2nd design) part number 22903697 lists for 3400 bux, wholesales at 2100, so it probably costs a dealer 1500 bux. that is not an "extraordinary" cost in my opinion to fix someones car properly. i have no idea about the newest design coming out, as to what that will cost, etc.

the labor is less to replace an entire assembly, so cost wise, it probably ends up the same in the long run, from a canvas replacement, to a complete assembly replacement. all i know is, when i pick my car up when its done, if it has the old mechanism and just a new canvas, i will be starting my lemon law buy back procedure the same day, and i URGE all of you that have been told "its normal" "we arent going to fix/replace it" etc, to do the same. lets shove these defective verts so far up GMs ass that they start burping rub marks.

Last edited by themoneypit; 06-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #38
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
GM is full of sh!t

So I just got back from seeing the district service manager about the rub marks on my top. He says rub marks are normal, and wont even consider replacing just the top until the rub marks turn into holes! I said normal for a 40K car? Then I mentioned the whole new mechanism that is out and he said I dont think that will fit this car! R u kidding me??? All this and they know I have a GM case number but he doesnt seem to care. First American car in 10 years and now I remember why!!! What do I do to get this resolved without going through the Lemon Law or getting BBB involved. I really like the car but not all the issues.
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #39
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
I have those "bumps" on both sides. They came pre-installed at the factory.
I looked for them on the list of Options on the Window Sticker, but they're under "Standard Equipment" and included with "Power Convertible Top" on mine.

Bumps and tears...Standard equipment from GM. You must have missed the window sticker addendum...Under Extra incentives to purchase.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #40
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
GM offered me a letter!!!

The district service manager called and said he will offer me a letter that says he will stand behind the top until 5yr or 100K, but they are not going to do anything else until it becomes holes. Also, the passenger rear window actuator issue is being resolved like this... I can go on the lot to the new camaro convertibles and cycle the windows up and down and which ever actuator I want, they will take it out of the new car and put my faulty on into a brand new car!!! What is that about???
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #41
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
LOL...the lemon law attorney I talked to yesterday told me that the new Camaro , besides the Acadia, has the highest lemon law rate right now in the NATION. On the Camaro, it's convertible tops (#1), transmissions, and intake manifolds being the most replaced parts. Then there's the over priced Denali, the sunroof falls on your lap while driving, and the Yukon and Denali that just die for no reason on the freeway and get rear ended. Ouch. Anyhow, GM get's their last chance on mine. Then it's off to court. After yesterday, they lost my business forever.
They don't care. they figure there is a new sucker born every minute, so why worry about the current owners coming back.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
My Dealer fixed mine after 28 days total time....It is awesome now better than new!

I hope your delaer and GM will do you right!
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote