Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #29
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
Corsa

I have a 2011 2LT/RS convertible and I went with the Corsa exhaust as it sounds good when ur on it, but it doesnt have alot of droning when ur driving down the highway.
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #30
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
i have the solo mach x as well, did the install myself, took under an hour, sounds awesome. can't really say much about any others, only one i've heard in person.

i did spend about 3 months on this site listening to every video/soundclip i could.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
If cost isn't your first priority and craftmanship and sound quality is, look at ARK DT-S and Corsa. No other catbacks that I know of offer full 304 SS construction. ARK mirror polishes theirs from end to end. From there it's going to come down to differences in exhaust tip appearance.

Corsa's 4" tips are some of the nicest looking tips around. They contour very well with the existing exhaust outlets in the rear diffuser. ARK's DT-S features 4.5" baffled and burnt tips. For no extra charge they'll polish them for you if you don't like the burnt tip look. They are more of an in your face style.

To my ear, Corsa leans a little more high end import and ARK DT-S leans a little more American Muscle.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #32
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
ARK DT-S, or if you want BAWSS noise go with the N-II.

Man I need to get another video with better quality, but gets the point across...
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #33
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
ARK DT-S, or if you want BAWSS noise go with the N-II.

Man I need to get another video with better quality, but gets the point across...
Way to represent. Generally I tell ppl to go N2 if you're not doing long tubes. If you're doing LTs then go with the DT-S and avoid the drone. Or if drone does not bother you then go ahead and pair those N2's to a set of LT's and be super bawssss. What you don't get with either is a lot of rasp.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #34
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I agree with SixJak!

...and I don't even have the ARK Catback exhaust yet! From all of the exhaust sound clips that I have heard, the ARK sounds best IMHO out of all of them!

It's my #1 choice when I am ready to pull the trigger on getting my exhaust.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #35
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
I agree with SixJak!

...and I don't even have the ARK Catback exhaust yet! From all of the exhaust sound clips that I have heard, the ARK sounds best IMHO out of all of them!

It's my #1 choice when I am ready to pull the trigger on getting my exhaust.
Save up or beg borrow and steal and get em. Totally worth it. Out of all my mods this is easily in the top 3 of my favorites.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #36
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
The popular ones seem to be the MRT and Solo. Both sound good, but it depends on what you like and how loud and how much you are willing to spend. ARK also looks good for cat-back but it's kinda $$$. I went full exhaust (except for stock cats.) MBRP cat-back and JBA shorty headers. Sounds really good and is slightly cheaper than other full stainless steel cat-backs.

I posted another thread on it with sound clips here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232341

Good luck!!
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
For cat-back, I would go either ARK or SOLO. For axle-back, I would go MRT 2.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #38
verboten

Drives: Black
Corsa
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #39
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
If you want relatively quiet at cruise but good sound at start-up and serious permagrin at WOT with minimal drone Go Borla with CAI inc cold air intake: The video is not WOT but you get a good idea. Listen with headphones is is a professional quality video.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148671
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #40
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
I will join in on this....I will have to be very biased here and say go for the MRT V2.0. Loved pressing the gas ever since the first time they were installed.
http://youtu.be/ueA5msUqTIo
http://youtu.be/LKpYmYlOdUE
Old 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #41
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
For cat-back, I would go either ARK or SOLO. For axle-back, I would go MRT 2.

I have heard great things about ARK (for cat-back)

but I LOVE my MRT 2 (axle-back).
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #42
Ryan2011RS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS dusk edition .
ARK DT-S. no rasp whatsoever . Best sound QUALITY ie heard on a v6. Actually a few 2013 5.0 Stang guys thought I had a v8 never ending compliments . You won't be disappointed
Ryan2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote