Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #211
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
I can't give an RSVP this far out, but I am definitely keeping that cruise on my radar. Ah, the fun of being in one's prime "worker bee" years.?.

Vince, I notice you don't have a front plate on your beauty. Have you had any issues being pulled over? How fussy they are about front plates in the area? My girl doesn't have one installed and, ideally, I'd like to keep her that way.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #212
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
My last Camaro was an 02SS and it didn't have a front plate either. I bought that car from a NHP and he didn't have a front plate on it either.
So far I have not been pulled over in either car......

Old 08-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #213
pointer lover

Drives: F-250 stroke
NRS says if no place to put the plate then its not needed. Keep it clean IMO. I have been stopped many times and never yet been ticketed for front plate and I've been sopped a bunch from LV to Austin to H-town. Knock on wood here comes carma.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 PM   #214
Mersades

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I would prefer to keep her clean... Guess I'll try my luck!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #215
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Um yes and no! I did get a bracket for the plate but did not have it installed

http://www.dmvnv.com/platesmain.htm

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-4...l#nrs482sec275
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #216
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
Fuel Issues

I recently discovered something and I will try to keep the story short.

With all the mods I have had JDP Motorsports do to my car Jordan would tell me to run only Chevron 91 Octane. Just a better quality of fuel he would say. I really have no problem with this because I want the best for my Camaro. The problem came in because in Elko there is only one Chevron station and their price is consistently 40 to 50 cents per gallon higher than any other station in town. I noticed in SLC the price would only be 10 to 20 cents higher if that.

So once back from my trip I started filling at Smith’s because the price is reasonable and I get fuel reward points. Yes I still watch my bottom line because I don’t like to over spend when I think I don’t have to. Well over the past two weeks I noticed the car was running like crap. Hesitation when leaving from a stop light when the car was cold and when the car was heat soaked. I began reading some stuff that said it could be the throttle body or the injectors and I was even thinking it was the timing curve or plugs that we used. When I say hesitation I mean the car would fall right on its face and do some back firing plus I thought it was going to die a few times.

Yesterday I did some research after thinking about what Jordan had said about fuel quality. I did read several opinions and some facts. The main fact that stuck out was that the big three American auto manufactures do all their emission testing with Chevron fuels. Knowing the industry I work in that the EPA can be a huge PITA so it makes sense that they would want to report the best emission possible to the EPA.

In closing I fueled at Chevron last night and paid the extra excessive price. I drove around for about two hours and the car is preforming so much better just like night and day. I will do some more driving today and see what it does but I suspect that the problems I was having will go away. I did write an E-mail to Corporate Chevron asking why this station is over charging and I should receive a response next week sometime. Now if you do not have a super charged car you may not notice that much of a difference but I guarantee there is with how your car runs cleaner and preforms better.

Last edited by jonnyb; 08-20-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #217
Nevadabill

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
Um yes and no! I did get a bracket for the plate but did not have it installed

http://www.dmvnv.com/platesmain.htm

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-4...l#nrs482sec275
+1..NRS 482.275 #2 The motor vehicle 'was' manufactured to have a front bracket and the manufacturer does make a bracket... how do I know ? Look at my sig pic and guess which one is mine... Course I bought used and it was already there... but I would have installed anyway... Few things I hate worse than a police officer with a bug up his ass and nothing beter to do... learned this from living in CA on my C5 vette many times... Besides NV has good looking plates IMHO.......
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #218
Mersades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadabill View Post
+1..NRS 482.275 #2 The motor vehicle 'was' manufactured to have a front bracket and the manufacturer does make a bracket... how do I know ? Look at my sig pic and guess which one is mine... Course I bought used and it was already there... but I would have installed anyway... Few things I hate worse than a police officer with a bug up his ass and nothing beter to do... learned this from living in CA on my C5 vette many times... Besides NV has good looking plates IMHO.......
Love the sig photo! Who has the SGM and are they from the Reno area? I used to see one around where I work downtown and always thought it was beautiful.

I think I would spend more time drooling over all of your guy's pretty cars than socializing if I made it to the meetup.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #219
StentS

That photo was taken in Squaw Valley during WCOFF I. The sgm is from Washington...

Check out http://www.wcoff.net

Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #220
StentS

What happened to all the so called enthusiastic modern muscle folks?? I guess most would rather go to events on their own ... at least that's what I am getting from the posts here ....

Anyone interested in a Cars and Coffee on the 29th??

Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #221
outlaw2

Drives: 12 SS/RS Conv, 66 Impala SS Conv
Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate. (NRS 482.275)...You have "NO" holes drilled in the front bumper so the Nevada NRS is all good with that. No plates needed up front and I keep a copy of said rules in the glovebox for officer training, Its all about presentation and if he can't get you on that he may test your window tint even though I see alot of 20% cop cars around in my area. Welcome to Camaro5 Mershades and please don't drill holes in that beauty
Old 10-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #222
Mersades

I've been lurking a lot in the general and photo forums and neglecting this area. Boo.

That said, I'm addicted to the forums. still keeping my eye on the West Coast cruise in June. I'm hesitant to commit to anything regular because I'm always working, but I do love the Camaro crowd. There are so many in the area.... I even saw a Summit White with a TesmLLT plate on the back and I'm wondering if thatcar belongs to anyone on the forums.

I also received a PM from a gentleman in CA who may return to visit family around the holidays and was interested in a meet up if the weather allows him to bring his Camaro over the pass. It would be fun to get a mini cruise going... But it sounds like there hasn't been much luck with that in the Reno area?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #223
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
JDP Motorsports Charity Dyno Day!

We're hosting a Dyno Day on October 20th to benefit Macey and her fight against cancer!!! The cost is $50 for 3 pulls on our DynoJet 224xLC including AFR. We'll also have a raffle with prizes from some of our top suppliers with all proceeds going to help Macey! Come out and enjoy some free food and great company! If you have any questions or if you'd like to donate contact us toll free at 888.308.6007 for more information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
I recently discovered something and I will try to keep the story short.

With all the mods I have had JDP Motorsports do to my car Jordan would tell me to run only Chevron 91 Octane. Just a better quality of fuel he would say. I really have no problem with this because I want the best for my Camaro. The problem came in because in Elko there is only one Chevron station and their price is consistently 40 to 50 cents per gallon higher than any other station in town. I noticed in SLC the price would only be 10 to 20 cents higher if that.

So once back from my trip I started filling at Smith’s because the price is reasonable and I get fuel reward points. Yes I still watch my bottom line because I don’t like to over spend when I think I don’t have to. Well over the past two weeks I noticed the car was running like crap. Hesitation when leaving from a stop light when the car was cold and when the car was heat soaked. I began reading some stuff that said it could be the throttle body or the injectors and I was even thinking it was the timing curve or plugs that we used. When I say hesitation I mean the car would fall right on its face and do some back firing plus I thought it was going to die a few times.

Yesterday I did some research after thinking about what Jordan had said about fuel quality. I did read several opinions and some facts. The main fact that stuck out was that the big three American auto manufactures do all their emission testing with Chevron fuels. Knowing the industry I work in that the EPA can be a huge PITA so it makes sense that they would want to report the best emission possible to the EPA.

In closing I fueled at Chevron last night and paid the extra excessive price. I drove around for about two hours and the car is preforming so much better just like night and day. I will do some more driving today and see what it does but I suspect that the problems I was having will go away. I did write an E-mail to Corporate Chevron asking why this station is over charging and I should receive a response next week sometime. Now if you do not have a super charged car you may not notice that much of a difference but I guarantee there is with how your car runs cleaner and preforms better.
I don't make anymore money telling you to use Chevron... I see it day in and day out; when someone comes in for a tune with shitty gas I know immediately!! We do still need to go through and check over everything sometime. How is she running?!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 01-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #224
Chevy69er

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL-585, 13' Silverado
This club still exist?
Relocating to Reno in February and looking for a chill club/peeps to hang and cruise with?
Closed Thread