Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #1681
jkelly
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2lt summit white dk gray int
what you don't thiink that people who bought tickets to the raffle were spending money. and it wa for a charity. and it was one....just one intake. for pity sake give everybody a break and quit your whining, we are sick of listening to it. you've said it all now just shut the hell up!
2010 summit white 2Lt cgm rally stripes,hot pink pin stripes,doug thorley shorties,pink bowties,led side markers,sequetial led tail lights,NLP spoiler,magnaflow axel back exhaust, AIRAID CAI(soon to be Vararam)
jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #1682
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
I've been following this development and now I'd like to give out my praise. This really seems like an awesome piece. I'm glad ram air is coming back into popularity. The results seem to show that this is the intake system to choose from what's on the market today.
I guess if one ever wanted to do FI down the road this would have to be removed, but for now this is awesome!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #1683
IBMCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM Camaro
This thread started 4 months ago...... ONLY 4 months ago. A part was tested and manufactured in very little time if you stop and think about it. Everyone will be happy soon.
IBMCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #1684
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Steve,

I'm cool with waiting a little longer for my intake if need be so you can fulfill the other 'paid' orders first. I'm just delighted to have been given the opportunity to win one and also help the Kidz Harbor in the process . Keep up the good work bud.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #1685
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMCamaro View Post
This thread started 4 months ago...... ONLY 4 months ago. A part was tested and manufactured in very little time if you stop and think about it. Everyone will be happy soon.
No... read the title "Vararam V6 intake installed!". I'm thinking the intake was in development for a while before THIS thread was started...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #1686
Spencer@EH

Drives: 2010 Yellow RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
No... read the title "Vararam V6 intake installed!". I'm thinking the intake was in development for a while before THIS thread was started...
Im sure it was in developement before the thread was installed. But in order to fully develope a product, you need to test it first. Because they started this thread 'prematurly', Vararam gained tons and tons of interest for this product and stopped atleast 60 other people from buying a competitors product.
Spencer@EH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #1687
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Unless you have followed this thread from the beginning you won't understand. There were some specifics given as far as completions that fell through and then the communication broke down in the past 3 weeks so people were left to their own imaginations as to what was going on. That is kinda in the past as these are shipping. Vararam definately made some big mistakes in over promissing the completion, but they are shipping and this will be a distant memory soon most likely.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #1688
derek19

Drives: 2011 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I guess my point is this really isn't the place to talk about a raffle intake being sent out when you know there's money that's been spent a long time ago.
Next time, don't pay for something it until its released.
derek19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #1689
OOLIE

why are you all jumping USA1 all of a sudden? He can't shut off months of frustration like a switch. He has had no place to vent but here and I don't recall many people being upset at him when Vararam wasn't giving any info. Actually his frustration brought Maryland Speed to post their frustration with how this was being done and I have a hunch it probably put a fire on Vararam to release. I agree it is time to be happy. The time to defend Vararam was 2 weeks ago when it was difficult, now it is easy that they are shipping. This will be a great intake even USA1 knows that which is why he still has the order. It was just mishandled and everyone following this thread knows it. Some just deal with it differently.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #1690
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
why are you all jumping USA1 all of a sudden? He can't shut off months of frustration like a switch. He has had no place to vent but here and I don't recall many people being upset at him when Vararam wasn't giving any info. Actually his frustration brought Maryland Speed to post their frustration with how this was being done and I have a hunch it probably put a fire on Vararam to release. I agree it is time to be happy. The time to defend Vararam was 2 weeks ago when it was difficult, now it is easy that they are shipping. This will be a great intake even USA1 knows that which is why he still has the order. It was just mishandled and everyone following this thread knows it. Some just deal with it differently.
FYI I have told him many times to calm down! I'm out on that one
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #1691
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Yeah I chimed in earlier in this thread as well. So this isn't just me jumping on board now that it's shipping.

At any rate, from what I understand, they had completed the R&D when they promised ship dates. Then they happened to find an issue that hadn't been caught before. What would you all have proposed in that situation? Ignore the issue and ship a faulty product? Anybody with any business experience knows that unforeseen issues pop up sometimes, especially when dealing with new products. Luckily they caught this before the product was mass manufactured, or even worse, in the customers' hands. If they had shipped it anyway, we'd be reading threads with people complaining about issues with the intake.

It doesn't matter now. The product is done and shipping. I haven't seen him try to cancel his order and get his money back. He's certainly not refusing to take shipment of this intake now that it's done. Yet here he is still complaining. If it's that upsetting, TALK TO THE VENDOR AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Otherwise stop the whining like a baby and enjoy your new intake when it gets there.
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #1692
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Oh and the ship date was promised to be by the end of April. We're still in early June now and they're shipping. If you guys think a month and a half delay is "obscene", then you must really be new to the automotive aftermarket scene.
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #1693
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Who all is planning a before / after dyno run with this intake...please let us know!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #1694
OOLIE

rolnslo has been a terrific representative!! that is for starters, Vararam put him out there and Steve from vararam only posts when there is something good to post. He left it up to Rolnslo to do damage control. That is the crime here. USA1 got caught up it it. look at the vmax tb thread for an example of how to handle a new and exciting thread. this thing is very delayed. Tracy gets on and explains what is going on and everyone is disappointed, but understands. there is also a preorder for this. you don't see the same frustration vented online.