Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #1835
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I took a dremel and went down the inside of each bracket to the inside of the hole, down and even with the lowest point and moved outward. It was easy to do and looks factory. I noticed when I started the car there was an icon on the dash that looked like pages so I guess that indicated the 'Learn Mode'. It went off after about ten minutes or so. I did rev and the car never sounded better or stronger. I'm really amazed as its like night and day compared to the Airaid. I had my neighbor rev it while I was in front of the bay and you could hear it just sucking air as though Linda Lovelace was inside the intake! Love it but haven't hit the road yet and may not today. Just boxed my Airaid up and need to contact its new owner for ship and paypal request info.

Thanks Steve at Vararam, Ronslo and SalarFlare for keeping up the 'Group Buy' list. This thing is killer!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #1836
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I took a dremel and went down the inside of each bracket to the inside of the hole, down and even with the lowest point and moved outward. It was easy to do and looks factory. I noticed when I started the car there was an icon on the dash that looked like pages so I guess that indicated the 'Learn Mode'. It went off after about ten minutes or so. I did rev and the car never sounded better or stronger. I'm really amazed as its like night and day compared to the Airaid. I had my neighbor rev it while I was in front of the bay and you could hear it just sucking air as though Linda Lovelace was inside the intake! Love it but haven't hit the road yet and may not today. Just boxed my Airaid up and need to contact its new owner for ship and paypal request info.

Thanks Steve at Vararam, Ronslo and SalarFlare for keeping up the 'Group Buy' list. This thing is killer!
Great to hear, can't wait to get mine!! hey chozn, so that flap on the scoop, does it just tuck under the intake to direct air? or is there a reason Ronslo had 3m tape on his? thanks -devil
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #1837
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil02 View Post
Great to hear, can't wait to get mine!! hey chozn, so that flap on the scoop, does it just tuck under the intake to direct air? or is there a reason Ronslo had 3m tape on his? thanks -devil
Mine had no 3M tape. The rubber flap is insulation from the radiator to the intake. You put it over the rad and there are holes to align it up and it all fits into place. The rubber flap or mat will stay down as the air shovel is on top of it and its bolted into place. The install is relatively easy and painless thanks to Ronslo's video's which I watched before hand. My only real issue was the loss of a rubber grommet and getting the red intake hose to fit into place on the intake throttle body opening. I used a flat head and pushed the back in of it into place and tightened things up. Its all good!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #1838
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:

Not sure what icon you are referring to... Doesn't sound like anything that I can even find in the owners manual... and I don't believe there is a visible "learn" mode indicator...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #1839
EricVerdunII

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS RS Chevy Camaro
When will all the pre-orders be done? I am ready for the intake. This is like waiting on an iphone..
EricVerdunII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #1840
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not sure what icon you are referring to... Doesn't sound like anything that I can even find in the owners manual... and I don't believe there is a visible "learn" mode indicator...
I think it was the "See your owners manual for additional instructions or information." but like I said, it was off within 10 min's. I've restarted several times and it hasn't reappeared and the car runs great!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1841
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I think it was the "See your owners manual for additional instructions or information." but like I said, it was off within 10 min's. I've restarted several times and it hasn't reappeared and the car runs great!
I was thinking warning light on the dash, but I'm now guessing it was on the DIC..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #1842
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Quote:
The pages icon usually indicates there are multiple messages on the driver info center. If your hood is open and the door is open, then there are two messages for your info. Hitting the set/clear button on the end of the left hand multifunction stick will remove those so you can see the normal screen.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1843
Sock66

Drives: 1LT / RJT / V6
I just got my Injen CAI today and have a couple of quick questions before opening the box.
1. How does the Vararam sound compared to the Injen?

2. Is the Vararam less or more prone to possible hydrolock?

Thanks it will save me searching this 75 page post.
Sock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1844
Eric59

Drives: 2013 Summit White 1LE
I'm #40 on group buy list, I wonder how long it will be before I get my new intake?
Eric59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #1845
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
The pages icon usually indicates there are multiple messages on the driver info center. If your hood is open and the door is open, then there are two messages for your info. Hitting the set/clear button on the end of the left hand multifunction stick will remove those so you can see the normal screen.
Then that's it cause the trunk was open, drivers door and the hood.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #1846
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Ok, got to start it and let it idle. Going to get the keys now. LOL

EDIT: OH SNAP! This thing is sucking some air! My exhaust sounds a lot deeper too...... Definitely has a different sound on rev's.

For once it's not my engine compartment in the photo!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #1847
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock66 View Post
I just got my Injen CAI today and have a couple of quick questions before opening the box.
1. How does the Vararam sound compared to the Injen?

2. Is the Vararam less or more prone to possible hydrolock?

Thanks it will save me searching this 75 page post.
I think GoPaul will be able to address your first question, as he is switching over from Injen to Vararam.

As for hydrolocking, I'd have to say the Vararam intake is better than Injen. Not because I dislike Injen, simply because of the location of the inlet for each one. The Injen sits a bit too low in the body as far as I'm concerned and is more likely to ingest water from a deep puddle. If you are sucking in water through the Vararam, you've got much more serious issues to deal with...like finding your life jacket. On a more serious note, I don't think you'll have a problem with hydrolocking either intake. With all the people running the Injen, I think only one person had their car ingest water after hitting a deep puddle.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #1848
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric59 View Post
I'm #40 on group buy list, I wonder how long it will be before I get my new intake?
Days, weeks, months?

Now that Vararam has this unit in production, it's only a matter of time before they get them out to all of the group buy members. You could give Steve a call tomorrow and see if he can give you an idea on how things are looking for getting yours.