Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
MikeGstayUp

Drives: 2013 SS in the future
Lightbulb 2013 Chevy Malibu - eye candy

I know some people say that since the Camaro is a muscle car that the interior doesnt need to be luxurious but I think other wise.

Sorry if the pics are big. Below are some pics of the 2013 Malibu Eco interior and thought it would be nice to have some of it in the Camaro.

Any thoughts?
Nice wrap around dash.

The MyLink system lets you access Stitcher, Pandora and other connected services through a paired smartphone.

Flip the thumb lever below the screen to reveal this unique hidden storage compartment, good for a couple of CDs, your wallet and anything else you'd like to conceal from prying eyes.

One place you can keep your phone is this storage slot next to the shifter; there's another on the other side.

This six-speed automatic has a manual mode with a thumb-operated shifter at the top of the, err, shifter.

*content via http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...rst-drive.html*
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Nice.

I like it.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
I really like that storage idea behind the screen.... doubt anyone would look there for something
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
very nice
Old 09-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
way better looking than the pos 2011 I drove.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
with that wrap-around dash it looks more ****pit-like than the Camaro.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
The primary reason you do not see many of these items in our vehicle is simply due to cost. In order to keep in line with the Mustang they had to cut costs on things like this. Especially when your talking about the SS model. If you dropped the 6.2 powertrain and driveline into a Malibu. Then added in the vastly upgraded suspension and braking system with a whole host of other performance parts. You would be looking at a 40k + Malibu. While some of these items would be nice. Look at what we did get. Ambient lighting, HUD on 2011 and up. Believe it or not paddle shifters even though not fabulous are not too common on a sub 30k car., Believe it or not but our stereo head unit is VASTLY superior to many other GM models without NAV. Our 2010 Traverse head unit sucks in comparison and so did the one in my CTS. My wife loves mine much more than hers. Our DIC is also a massive upgrade over many other GM cars. Another example is our Traverse. It's harder to use on the head unit and is much smaller in size.

I bought a 1SS and feel i got a great value for the price i paid. I upgraded a few items myself but overall nobody else offered this performance and styling for this price. Wait... Nobody else does still

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Definitely an upgrade from the last Malibu.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
GM is definitely heading the right direction!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
The primary reason you do not see many of these items in our vehicle is simply due to cost. In order to keep in line with the Mustang they had to cut costs on things like this. Especially when your talking about the SS model. If you dropped the 6.2 powertrain and driveline into a Malibu. Then added in the vastly upgraded suspension and braking system with a whole host of other performance parts. You would be looking at a 40k + Malibu. While some of these items would be nice. Look at what we did get. Ambient lighting, HUD on 2011 and up. Believe it or not paddle shifters even though not fabulous are not too common on a sub 30k car., Believe it or not but our stereo head unit is VASTLY superior to many other GM models without NAV. Our 2010 Traverse head unit sucks in comparison and so did the one in my CTS. My wife loves mine much more than hers. Our DIC is also a massive upgrade over many other GM cars. Another example is our Traverse. It's harder to use on the head unit and is much smaller in size.

I bought a 1SS and feel i got a great value for the price i paid. I upgraded a few items myself but overall nobody else offered this performance and styling for this price. Wait... Nobody else does still
all very good points, but I still want it
Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
SgtKilroy
I'm new...

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS
Playing Devil's Advocate for a sec:
Well if someone breaks into it and wants to steal your fancy touch screen, they'll remove it only to find your other valuables you've squirreled away behind it. Convenient.

Very cool interior though.

2005 CCSB Duramax 4x4
Efi Live, built trans, ADII 165, home made intercooler pipes, intake and traction bars, and some other little mods.

SoCal Diesel Trucks
SgtKilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #12
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
if you have a fast car with all these luxurious things it make it a exotic car but take those out and you have a muscle car which is what the camaro has always been
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #13
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I owned a 2009 Malibu LTZ before my Camaro. It wasn't a bad car especially compared to the last two gens, but definitely needed an upgrade and this new gen Malibu looks to fix a lot of the issues I and many others had with it.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
if you have a fast car with all these luxurious things it make it a exotic car but take those out and you have a muscle car which is what the camaro has always been
Luxury? Exotic?

Most of the stuff in the 2013 Malibu are more or less mainstream. The midsize market has progressed that far.