Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Ghost cam now ok

Finally installed the trifecta tune. I never set the ghost cam when I 1st flashed it so i went back in and set it at Moderate. Didn't want to worry about any CELs coming on! Curious though to how the aggressive setting sounds. I have axle back flowmasters and when it finally kicks in it sounds pretty cool but you have to listen for it etc... So of course I was starting to question if anyone will notice etc... until last night! Was driving with wife and when sitting at a light, she asks why is the car shaking so bad? Never mind, I don't want to know,she quickly blurts out! Now i love it!
Car does have a nice shake to it at idle! Might have to put in the aggressive for a test! Once CEL is on, will it go away once I flash back or do you have to do the battery disconnect?

neuf cruz
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Working on that now... I answer your question this afternoon when i get home because i think agressive ghost cam just turn on mine...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Neuf, how did you like the feel of the car after the tune? Glad you didn't brick the ECM (for some reason that expression cracks me up)
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley1987 View Post
Neuf, how did you like the feel of the car after the tune? Glad you didn't brick the ECM (for some reason that expression cracks me up)
yeah it was pretty easy and I guess I was causing myself some un needed worry! When I was doing it my laptop went into sleep mode so the screen went black. Freaked for a few seconds!

To be totally honest it was hard to really tell right off the bat! It was wet out, pus I just recently installed all the other mods so not sure what changes I was feeling. I do think the car is running way stronger than stock. With traction control off it can sometimes light the tires just from a roll and the 2nd gear shift will go sideways on ya. No little chirp anymore! It spins them now! One of my coworkers has a bone stock LS as well so I want to drive his and see the difference!

Ghost cam is pretty cool if your into that!

neuf cruz

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Guys it takes about 70 mikes for the ECU to adjust everything and settle in so initial seat of the pants is all placebo.

Ghost cam is interesting. I've measured a 10-12 db sound difference with mine. I shut it off when I'm cruising into my neighborhood after midnight. If you have an exhaust it sounds pretty nice.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Guys it takes about 70 mikes for the ECU to adjust everything and settle in so initial seat of the pants is all placebo.

Ghost cam is interesting. I've measured a 10-12 db sound difference with mine. I shut it off when I'm cruising into my neighborhood after midnight. If you have an exhaust it sounds pretty nice.
How you shut it off???
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post

The tune should be instant and not have to relearn from what i was told! Would hope your right so it would only get better!
What would be the purpose of shutting it off while cruising the neighborhood? It's only "ghosting" while at idle so you would not here it anyways unless your parked in front of someones house!

neuf cruz

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
How you shut it off???
It is on by default from the start of the engine. Once the engine reaches a certain temp it kicks in which you only hear at idle. Turn your cruise control on and it deactivates it! Simple!

neuf cruz

Old 06-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
The tune might not have to relearn but all the other mods do. If you did other mods at the same time, they haven't really kicked in yet

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I hate how my CEL always comes on with my ghost cam.
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #11
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
The tune might not have to relearn but all the other mods do. If you did other mods at the same time, they haven't really kicked in yet
This what I don't understand. If I get a custom tune and it's for my mods I.e. cai,exhaust,ported throttle body etc... Why would it still be learning. I understand without it it then the computer has to relearn for the new parts but if I'm tuning it for those parts then why?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
I hate how my CEL always comes on with my ghost cam.
Is yours set on aggressive? I set mine on moderate just because this. Does it only come on when set and goes off when ghost cam is off? I want to hear aggressive but don't want a light on all the time!

Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
Ghost cam

I have the Trifecta tune, but dont see the ghost cam option on it. Where would I look to find it and set the level? Also, does ur cruise not work properly then, since u have to turn ur cruise control on to shut it off? What exactly does the ghost cam do? Does it change the performance of the car? or just for sound? I have a Corsa cat back exhaust on BBK lt headers, so would it even be noticeable???
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
Neuf Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam72_1999 View Post
I have the Trifecta tune, but dont see the ghost cam option on it. Where would I look to find it and set the level? Also, does ur cruise not work properly then, since u have to turn ur cruise control on to shut it off? What exactly does the ghost cam do? Does it change the performance of the car? or just for sound? I have a Corsa cat back exhaust on BBK lt headers, so would it even be noticeable???
When in the program, there is a drop down menu, I forget exactly, but you will see it. Have to actually set it! I only have axle back so would think you would better on yours. Does not affect performance, just sound at idle. Cruise controll still works fine.