Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
prkfreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Under Hood Billet

Purchased the aluminum under hood billet and was wondering what adhesive wiuld be good to secure it to the fabric under the hood
prkfreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
500hpbluez28
YUDLOSE

Drives: Supercharged 2010 ABM 1SS
The one for the hood liner is usually bolted through with a bolt and nut. Did yours not come with hardware? I am afraid glue or adhesive would not work long term.

Trey Jenkins
2010 Supercharged ABM SS Camaro LS3 #400 Order Number: NJGC85 Build Date: 06/24/2009
1996 Blue Z/28 Camaro 396 stroker in the process
1994 Red Z/28 Camaro
500hpbluez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
Broffermoon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
If not, I do not know of a glue or "sticky" tape that has worked. Take it to the local machine shop or drill four good sized holes and get some short nuts and bolts. They really look good. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
prkfreds

Didn't come with hardware. Velcro works short term but the heat peels it off. instructions say to use adhesive(sold seperatly)
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
dragonZ28

Drives: 2001 T/A, 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 Z06
Before false assumptions get started here, I just want to go on record as noting that this piece did not come from us.

We sell our parts with included hardware, and all of our bowties attach with bolts. And are GM licensed. GM will not approve any bowties that glue to the liner.

What I can do for you "if you are interested" is supply you with a template so you now here to drill your holes, becasue you can't just place them anywhere. And I can sell you a hardware kit.

Thanks for your time.
dragonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post
Before false assumptions get started here, I just want to go on record as noting that this piece did not come from us.

We sell our parts with included hardware, and all of our bowties attach with bolts. And are GM licensed. GM will not approve any bowties that glue to the liner.

What I can do for you "if you are interested" is supply you with a template so you now here to drill your holes, becasue you can't just place them anywhere. And I can sell you a hardware kit.

Thanks for your time.
I'd like to know where he got it so I can avoid them.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
prkfreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonZ28 View Post

Thanks for your time.
Yes, I am interested it doing this. Sorry, when I bought the billet I was not aware of your sight and got it elsewhere. What would it cost for the template and hardware kit?
Thanks, Paul