Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA's Totally Awesome (Tire Cleaner)

Hey guys, this is the second episode in a series of videos I'm making called Thrifty vs Fifty.

Essentially I'm comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

I'm not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Today's episode is on tire cleaners. LA's Totally Awesome vs OPC at a 1:3 dilution!

So without further ado, here is the video:

Thrifty Vs Fifty Episode 2

LA's Totally Awesome:

$6 dollars

OPC:

$36 a gallon

Conclusion:

Both products work extremely well. OPC cleaned a bit better and a bit faster.

Advantage:

LA's Totally Awesome gets the advantage nod from me, because even though it may deliver a bit less performance, the price being $30 cheaper outweighs that.

Furthermore, a higher dilution of LATA might overcome the performance difference, but I have not done any tests on that...

Hope you guys enjoyed

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Great video. I love your Camaro !
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
Great video. I love your Camaro !
Thanks Todd!

I actually did another test:

LA's Totally Awesome straight from the bottle matched OPC 3:1 and also Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner straight... just food for thought

It did however take 3 applications of LA's Totally Awesome to get to a white lather once again though. I imagine OPC and Tuf Shine taking less applications.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
So this is what your free time consists of, hmm maybe I should become Pre-Dentistry!

I'm in Norman library but I'll definitely watch the video later.

We'll have to make some videos with the 1LE when it comes maybe on the Opticoat.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
So this is what your free time consists of, hmm maybe I should become Pre-Dentistry!

I'm in Norman library but I'll definitely watch the video later.

We'll have to make some videos with the 1LE when it comes maybe on the Opticoat.
Switch to pre-dent

And yeah for sure!