Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Ok here's the deal
The trifecta tune is still loaded in the TCU Arno wants to get it back to stock we think that is the problem also when I put my car in drive it doesn't stall Im hoping that is because I told trifecta not to tune drive
So that's my first step
2.clean MAF
3.replace spark plus gap down .31
4 replace MAF
5.take it in to Henderson performace.
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Sorry I was not on this board for a while, mine stalls twice a week, coming up to a stop the engine justs quits. Stall or shuts down, no spark blow out, dirty throttle body, vacuum leaks maf wires are good to go. Can't figure it out, just coast in neutral restart. No check engine light, it has to be the ECU bosch doing it.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hi 1

the SAME Software is running in ca. 40 other Camaro AT SC Cars without stalling ... even the first german SC conversion did NEVER ever come near to stalling in any driving situations that i tested last week !

So put the TCU back to bone stock original GM file is the next step of Clearing this ugly Situation !

remember ... when driving in AT - D MODE the car drives fine without stalling !!

only when u use the shift paddels ... it stalls sometimes ! !!

that Padel shifters were NOT used in the ECU for any IDLE control !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
Arno was right I believe it has been solved!!! Thanks to Patrick who let me borrow a trifecta cable now my car I stock and has no stalled
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
It doesn't make sense to me. Trifecta doesn't (and to my knowledge CAN'T) tune the engine differently between "S" and "D" Vince has said himself you cannot have two different tunes, one for "S" and one for "D." You can however have different transmission tunes, i.e. why the car shifts firmer in "S" The issues I've had doesn't matter what mode it's in, and I didn't expect it to make a difference. Granted I never had the engine completely stall (yet).

**EDIT**

Just saw Ash was talking about the TCU...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@IPF-TUNING View Post
So put the TCU back to bone stock original GM file is the next step of Clearing this ugly Situation !
Now that makes sense. I guess my issue is different than others. I do not have any problems when slowing down to a stop. It is AFTER I have stopped and just sitting at a stop light or whatever. My rpms bounce around a little bit and every now and then it seems like it wants to misfire or possibly stall. It basically seems like the engine has a hiccup.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Ok here's the deal
The trifecta tune is still loaded in the TCU Arno wants to get it back to stock we think that is the problem also when I put my car in drive it doesn't stall Im hoping that is because I told trifecta not to tune drive
So that's my first step
2.clean MAF
3.replace spark plus gap down .31
4 replace MAF
5.take it in to Henderson performace.
Hrrmm...not right on topic but sorta related... I went back to the stock tune from Trifecta over the weekend. During the tuning process, it is supposed to do the transmission tune right after the engine tune, but the Trifecta program failed on me in between the two.

So I said heck with it and left it for now, but do intend to try and go back to do the TCU and set it back to stock if I can.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro View Post
Arno was right I believe it has been solved!!! Thanks to Patrick who let me borrow a trifecta cable now my car I stock and has no stalled
Now that some time has passed, did this in fact solve your problem?
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #22
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Bringing back and old thread .. Car has 600miles since install and has stalled three times . Stalled twice the 1st week was doing fine then tonight stalled again any ideas ?
Btw I'm Ipf sc
Old 12-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #23
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
Yikes, I have my order still being processed and came across this thread. Now I'm nervous about installing this on my LS. I don't want to have the same issues, hopefully it's just a couple of isolated incidents.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Just saw this thread, mine has been stalling a lot but its not due to any tune issues. I think I have a solution but I need to test it whenever FedEx gets off their lazy asses to deliver my order.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Just saw this thread, mine has been stalling a lot but its not due to any tune issues. I think I have a solution but I need to test it whenever FedEx gets off their lazy asses to deliver my order.
So What did you order magnum ? yea the mail going extra slow since xmas is around the corner
Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #26
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Bad weather doesn't help to move the mail.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #27
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Packages that were supposed to be here Monday ate being delayed until Friday now. The weather isn't the problem, its 69℉ here and one package got here but it's delayed for some reason.

The catch can was supposed to be here Tuesday but should be delivered tomorrow. If the engine doesn't stall after a week of installing the can I can post all the information I have. It will include what the ECU was seeing and doing at the stall and what conditions were being met for those who don't stall.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #28
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Packages that were supposed to be here Monday ate being delayed until Friday now. The weather isn't the problem, its 69℉ here and one package got here but it's delayed for some reason.

The catch can was supposed to be here Tuesday but should be delivered tomorrow. If the engine doesn't stall after a week of installing the can I can post all the information I have. It will include what the ECU was seeing and doing at the stall and what conditions were being met for those who don't stall.
Sounds good magnum hope this works out . Stalling out isn't just frustrating it could be dangerous . Stalled out on me turning in to the mall once made it real hard to turn lucky no one was behide me