Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Kotalm

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue 2lt Camaro
Melted BA Sub?

So i got my 2010 camaro in march. It came with the BA premium sound system. For the first 3-ish months it sounded perfect bass was great all sound was crisp. Then out of nowhere i started to hear a rattle in the back right speaker.

I turned down the bass and treble and it was fine, i assumed the songs were just too loud for the speaker. Just for clarification i usually listen to music at about 25-30 volume with a 3-2-3 treble-mid-bass equalizer. So i turned it down to 2-1-2 and it sounded fine except for on really heavy bass songs.

Then i started to hear the rattle again but worse, it sounded like a blown speaker. So i again turned everything down to 0-0-0. But no dice, the rattle was always there. So today i decided to take out the speaker and see what was wrong. This is what i saw.

Hi res linkhttps://mail-attachment.googleuserco...K3KeW7iwVe3TVE

I dont know if it is normal or not but to me i looks like the wires on the back caused the speaker to melt.

Anyone have any info on what is causing it or how to fix this speaker?

Thanks,
Dakota
Kotalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry about your speaker, Dakota. We as customer care advisers can't really do much in the way of providing step-by-step instructions to fix it - hopefully other members of the community can help you out there. If you decide to work with a dealership on this, let us know as we are available to work with you through that if you feel you need additional support.

Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
outlaw2

Drives: 12 SS/RS Conv, 66 Impala SS Conv
I to just installed a Infinity sub speaker simply swap right? now my 2012 convertible door chimes turn on and off and so does the radio on,off,on,off...what did I destroy? Was saving for an amp upgrade and wanted to get the sub in place
Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
questions. i am looking at new camaros. 1LT and 2LT. vert and coupe.
1) the coupe does not come with a sub, if i negotiated to have a sub, can one be put in the coupe easily without all the boxes in the trunk taking up space?
2) what is difference from 1LT stereo and the 2LT BA stereo? is it wroth the extra money?
thanks!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
1) The GM sub for the coupe is a dual box that will eat your trunk space, and it is loaded with cheap subs. The only way to still have trunk space is with aftermarket, try ********, double-d or search google. They mount the sub sideways in the trunk, taking up unused space. This is more of a hassle to do, but it is cheaper and will sound way better than the GM rip-off.

2) Premium sound is a joke in the camaro. They claim 9 speakers, but the rear 6x9 counts as 2 per side, and they give you a center speaker which destroys stereo imaging.

I got the stock package myself, and upgraded from there.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote