Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #127
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Have you tried replacing the batteries in the keyfob?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #128
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Have you tried replacing the batteries in the keyfob?
I assume he just got it. That's bad times if the battery is already dead.

Seems like the problems are mounting. I hope mine is without problems.
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #129
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
I assume he just got it. That's bad times if the battery is already dead.

Seems like the problems are mounting. I hope mine is without problems.
If the button was pressed during shipping, the battery would've run out.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #130
rdblan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
If the button was pressed during shipping, the battery would've run out.

Good point!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #131
RedWS600

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Iroquois View Post
ahh i am getting more and more frustrated with this light. i mean it looks great but it basically doesnt work. i had to take the fuse out of it last night to get it to shut off! i already have the antenna uncoiled and no go.

sad face!!!
Possibly battery issues.

Do you find the range is worse in Emergency mode rather than single scanning mode? The capacitor mod on the back of the board increases the range. Without the mod the emergency mode dramatically reduces the range. If you still have issues after changing the battery then drop me an email. I'll mail you another controller when I'm back after the 28th July. There could be an issue on the radio receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2
I think this one certainly looks better than the "competitor light". Hopefully when he said he'd be "away from e-mail between 14 and 28 July" in the post above, he's not "away".

Keep soldering so I can get mine! No rest for you! How dare you take vacation!

Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks for making this!
More lights are being assembled while I'm away. I will have my laptop with me and working on a future control board for these lights. This will have over temperature shut off, the inline fuse will be in the box along with self resetting fuse saves having to find an ATO fuse if it blew. The ribbon cable power will switch on and off on keyfob command. Also will have a larger processor on it, what this means is larger capacity for more patterns. At the moment all patterns are crammed into 2K, was great fun cramming that in. used 2042 bytes out of 2048. The new processor will have 4K. Refresh rate will also be increased a little, its around 1000 times per second at the moment.

Now what patterns would you like to see in a light? Currently have 5 standard patterns, I can extend this. I cant see what we cant have 10 scanning type patterns and 10 emergency patterns.

This new controller will be in development for a few more weeks. Will extend the range of the radio receiver too. Also the LED display sections have been redesigned to create less impact on the 12V, creating a cleaner supply so the radio interface range will be increased too. Lots of little tweaks here and there.

I'll be designing this while I'm away.
Still got 28 current controllers awaiting radio interfaces to be fitted which we are waiting for a delivery from the radio interface manufacturers, their estimate is 5th Aug.

Scanning lights for the 2010 Camaro http://www.camaro-scanners.co.uk
RedWS600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #132
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWS600 View Post
Possibly battery issues.

Do you find the range is worse in Emergency mode rather than single scanning mode? The capacitor mod on the back of the board increases the range. Without the mod the emergency mode dramatically reduces the range. If you still have issues after changing the battery then drop me an email. I'll mail you another controller when I'm back after the 28th July. There could be an issue on the radio receiver.

More lights are being assembled while I'm away. I will have my laptop with me and working on a future control board for these lights. This will have over temperature shut off, the inline fuse will be in the box along with self resetting fuse saves having to find an ATO fuse if it blew. The ribbon cable power will switch on and off on keyfob command. Also will have a larger processor on it, what this means is larger capacity for more patterns. At the moment all patterns are crammed into 2K, was great fun cramming that in. used 2042 bytes out of 2048. The new processor will have 4K. Refresh rate will also be increased a little, its around 1000 times per second at the moment.

Now what patterns would you like to see in a light? Currently have 5 standard patterns, I can extend this. I cant see what we cant have 10 scanning type patterns and 10 emergency patterns.

This new controller will be in development for a few more weeks. Will extend the range of the radio receiver too. Also the LED display sections have been redesigned to create less impact on the 12V, creating a cleaner supply so the radio interface range will be increased too. Lots of little tweaks here and there.

I'll be designing this while I'm away.
Still got 28 current controllers awaiting radio interfaces to be fitted which we are waiting for a delivery from the radio interface manufacturers, their estimate is 5th Aug.
Dan, I for one would love to see a cylon eye... (just one to three scanning LED's that don't "trail")

Also, how about a "breathing" one...They all fade in and fade out.

You could also do a "wave" where it would be the regular scan...but have the "trailing effects" on each side of the brightest LED.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #133
lakers67

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I just installed my light! Looks great and a clean install! I only have one gripe! This remote has no range! Maybe 5 feet at the most! Anybody have any range secrets? Is there another remote in production? Help me out? Thanks!
lakers67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #134
rdblan2

Any updates? Been around a month since we heard anything...
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #135
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
i tired what you suggested....still nothing. i love the light...when it works.
i wonder if once these range extending mods are done, can i exchange my black box for one that "works".

sorry....i dont mean to be harsh, it was just really excited about this. i spent 1500 plus paint and install on a bumper (t3) so i had a mailslot on my v6 to use this.
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #136
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
has anyone else had this issue:

I have been using my light for about 3 months now and have had absolutley no problems... until... i had to drive my camaro in the rain about 2 weeks ago. I got caught in some rain on the way home and when i got home I noticed an LED right in the middle of the scanner bar was turned on. It was the only light on and if i turned the scanner on it tstill stayed constantly illuminated.

After about an hour or two it finally shut off. Then 2 days ago it once again rained and the same LED was on even thought the scanner bar is off. I popped the hood and cant figure out why this is happening other than the rain is causing a short somewhere. To temporarily fix the issue i have removed the line fuse to keep the LED from burning out.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this??
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #137
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post

I have been using my light for about 3 months now and have had absolutley no problems... until... i had to drive my camaro in the rain about 2 weeks ago. I got caught in some rain on the way home and when i got home I noticed an LED right in the middle of the scanner bar was turned on. It was the only light on and if i turned the scanner on it tstill stayed constantly illuminated.

After about an hour or two it finally shut off. Then 2 days ago it once again rained and the same LED was on even thought the scanner bar is off. I popped the hood and cant figure out why this is happening other than the rain is causing a short somewhere. To temporarily fix the issue i have removed the line fuse to keep the LED from burning out.

This happened to me twice. Contact the vendor.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #138
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie.briseno View Post

+1

I emailed Dan but haven't had a response. Is he out of pocket right now?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #139
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BVert View Post
+1

I emailed Dan but haven't had a response. Is he out of pocket right now?

He did get back to me recently (earlier this week). He's around...just very very busy at the moment trying to catch up after his vacation.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 AM   #140
2Fast4Mu
Nothing is True

Drives: Black 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
He did get back to me recently (earlier this week). He's around...just very very busy at the moment trying to catch up after his vacation.
I'm waiting for him to contact me as well since I've had multiple issues for months now. I liked them at first..........until they started going nutty lol