Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #99
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
04goat-11ss was right on the money. great tip. thanks.

I got the scanner in blue, and the remote control 12v relay from amazon.com. took about 1 hr to install. that includes soldering all joints and applying heat shrinking tubing to all the joints.

the hardest part was removing the metal plate between the front of the car and the radiator support.

no need to post a picture. looks like all the rest. works great from in the car, in front of the car, in back of the car . . .

haven't used it yet on the road responding to a call. for all of you first responders out there, I will let you know if the civilians notice it as soon as we get a call.

BTW - 04goat-11ss: I grew up on Long Island. where are you?
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #100
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Sweeeet Video! Tough to get the speed of the LEDs down in almost any video camera but you got a good one!

Nice
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #101
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Ivan, that's the camera from a droid razr phone... my girlfriend took the vid because my phone didn't have enough charge. The cameras on them are awesome!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #102
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
Installed mine finally... here's a vid
Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #103
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice vid FL1CK!!!

Also, nice job Jonathan and AAC for making the light bar to fit the mail slot! Finally! I said I would not buy another one until you guys made one specifically for this application, and you did, so,

I have two questions however:

1. When I had the RGB scanner, I could control it from inside the car. So this one can't be?

2. Can you PM me a price for this in the RGB Colorshift? Shipping to 23803 + tax?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 AM   #104
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Having issues with the remote and system, it won't go into demo mode anymore and the remote doesn't control it from any distance more than 2 inches from the eye. I looked at the remote through my cell phone camera (if you do this you can see the IR light) and it looks like my remote eye is pointed at a weird angle and sends a really weak signal if pointed straight at the camera (therefore if pointed straight at the receiving eye). I'll see if I can get a vid up to show what I'm talking about.

Last edited by FL1CK; 10-23-2012 at 05:28 AM.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #105
Brutal SS

Quote:
Having issues with the remote and system, it won't go into demo mode anymore and the remote doesn't control it from any distance more than 2 inches from the eye. I looked at the remote through my cell phone camera (if you do this you can see the IR light) and it looks like my remote eye is pointed at a weird angle and sends a really weak signal if pointed straight at the camera (therefore if pointed straight at the receiving eye). I'll see if I can get a vid up to show what I'm talking about.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #106
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS

You touch bases with AAC yet?

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #107
Support@OracleLights.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Nice vid FL1CK!!!

Also, nice job Jonathan and AAC for making the light bar to fit the mail slot! Finally! I said I would not buy another one until you guys made one specifically for this application, and you did, so,

I have two questions however:

1. When I had the RGB scanner, I could control it from inside the car. So this one can't be?

2. Can you PM me a price for this in the RGB Colorshift? Shipping to 23803 + tax?
This scanner has an IR eye built into the scanner so the remote will not work from the inside of the car but you can always wire a "kill switch" to turn it on from inside.

PM coming shortly.

Quote:
Working via PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #108
a.morblu

Drives: 2011 Sinister SS
I really want to see this on and off with nightshade on the scanner. Anyone have a picture? I want a complete stealth look since I cant stand the look of bare leds. Pictures anyone?
a.morblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #109
Agent Iroquois

Drives: 1992 firebird convert
The flow seems broken

Hi
I think this looks great but the transitions (or flow) look sooooo blocky. Its like someone programed this in chunks of 4 rather than each LED. it would be so much better if a little more time was put into the programing.

if you want to know what i mean, youtube search "2010 Camaro scanning light"

its a shame because this product is so close to being amazing (in my mind anyway)
Agent Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #110
Support@OracleLights.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Iroquois View Post
Hi
I think this looks great but the transitions (or flow) look sooooo blocky. Its like someone programed this in chunks of 4 rather than each LED. it would be so much better if a little more time was put into the programing.

if you want to know what i mean, youtube search "2010 Camaro scanning light"

its a shame because this product is so close to being amazing (in my mind anyway)

Looks AWESOME in my opinion!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #111
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Just so it's known, Jonathan is helping me get everything right with my scanner and I couldn't be happier with the customer service from him. No worries at all, and I will let everyone know when it's all worked out. Still a happy customer!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #112
Brutal SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
This scanner has an IR eye built into the scanner so the remote will not work from the inside of the car but you can always wire a "kill switch" to turn it on from inside.
I am curious as to how this differs from the previous scanner I had. That one worked from inside of the car, no problem, and that one had an IR eye too, I thought.
Not a deal-breaker, but just curious. How is this one different?