Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
EDWEIRD

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
Send a message via Skype™ to EDWEIRD
LA Sheriffs pulled me over a few weeks ago. I simply lied and told them that they were signed off on as 50-state legal, and were Amber, in accordance with the international traffic and safety standards. The deputy responded by saying I may need to carry paperwork to prove that, but he'd let me off with a warning.

What we really need is new bulbs for the front that are the same color.

Ed
EDWEIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #16
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
I got pulled over this weekend on a Navy base for my amber halos on my Tahoe. He said they were red. I said they were amber. He said they were red. I flipped the switch to make them white. He said have a nice night.

We run red / dark orange halos and fogs on our Camaro without any issues. Sounds like the guy was just being overly enthusiastic (or jealous). The side markers are one of my absolute favorite purchases for our car.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWEIRD View Post
LA Sheriffs pulled me over a few weeks ago. I simply lied and told them that they were signed off on as 50-state legal, and were Amber, in accordance with the international traffic and safety standards. The deputy responded by saying I may need to carry paperwork to prove that, but he'd let me off with a warning.

What we really need is new bulbs for the front that are the same color.

Ed
Thanks Ed. I argued with this CHP officer so long, my head hurt. I wish there was a true yellow to avoid this. I pm'd AAC to get a statement. I'll take that to court. I know the difference in spectrum, and can see it displayed in these lights. This guy was just not listening to any explanation. If I get this signed off, I'll leave the papers in my glovebox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
I got pulled over this weekend on a Navy base for my amber halos on my Tahoe. He said they were red. I said they were amber. He said they were red. I flipped the switch to make them white. He said have a nice night.

We run red / dark orange halos and fogs on our Camaro without any issues. Sounds like the guy was just being overly enthusiastic (or jealous). The side markers are one of my absolute favorite purchases for our car.
Hahaha I wish I could have had color changing sidemarkers, sorta like your halo's. On base I've had no issues. He looked at the front and back, and said the only difference was the shade of red. Oy vey!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Pics of front AAC sidemarkers as promised!!! Do these look red or orange, honesty?

If that's red, I don't know how I passed the color and vision test I had to take as part of a military out processing physical. Jeezus H. Christ!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Looks Orange to me! You should of knife hand him gunny then made a run for it. J/k
Old 04-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #20
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
Looks Orange to me! You should of knife hand him gunny then made a run for it. J/k
I seriously felt like giving this guy my best one back, two back...Dave Chapelle style. I just can't figure out how he couldn't see orange there. Even as cars passed us on the freeway, he said their tail lights were the same color as my sidemarkers. GTFOH!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
ubrimah
Oreo

Drives: Summit White LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
If you need us to provide documentation from the LED manufacturer Bridgelux showing the frequency of the diode which determines the color in the spectrum and prove your point that it is operating within the color that FMVSS considers to be "Amber" and threrfore street legal just send me a PM
I would love to whip that out if an officer pulled me over!

ubrimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrimah View Post
I would love to whip that out if an officer pulled me over!
Waiting on it now! I'm gonna take it to court, plus leave it in my glovebox.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #23
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
U would think r BLACK CAMAROS would show the color diff. better than any other color! DUM ASS COP!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
U would think r BLACK CAMAROS would show the color diff. better than any other color! DUM ASS COP!
Granted it was night on the freeway with not streetlights, but get real. He wouldn't even compare the two at a distance. Only time he looked at the rear sidemarkers was when he came up to my car, and when he went back to write the ticket. The only thing he had on his mind was "red in front...red in front". I'm gonna get my stuff together for court.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
same thing happened to my cousin last night gunny, Got cited because of the red rear sidemarkers, these cops had to be idiots they said only amber or white were allowed... also got cited for having too blue of headlights! they are oem RS brightness .. smh court may 8th gonna pm jonathon for those documents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #26
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
same thing happened to my cousin last night gunny, Got cited because of the red rear sidemarkers, these cops had to be idiots they said only amber or white were allowed... also got cited for having too blue of headlights! they are oem RS brightness .. smh court may 8th gonna pm jonathon for those documents

Only amber or white in the rear?? They'd be pulling over a he'll of a lot of cars with stock markers if that were the case!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
Probably won't even need the statement from AAC. Sidemarkers, for one, aren't even required. The rears must project red...not amber or even white. As a matter of fact, white projecting to the rear would mean a vehicle in reverse. That ticket is bogus, and will probably get tossed. Look up your states vehicle code. Good luck to your cousin bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Only amber or white in the rear?? They'd be pulling over a he'll of a lot of cars with stock markers if that were the case!
Agree. In California, rears shall project red. new Mexico, who knows.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Keep looking for more and more of this type of crap to happen. The Governor just made a $3.5 Billion dollar oops with the budget. CHP is a money maker for the state and they raised the "fine" on fix it tickets for a reason.

There is no way anyone could look at the amber side markers and think they are red. I'm sure the colorblind wouldn't have an issue with these things. They are bright as hell.

Good luck Gunny