Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Dockta Drew

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS ABM / WRS
Thumbs down Huffines Chevrolet Plano

I have been burned by this dealer many times. First they forget to order my car back in September of last year. Then they order it wrong. I swore I would never do business with them again.

Then my windshield was broken and Huffines was a preferred body shop through my insurance. Although I was reluctant to take my car there I did hoping that it could be done correctly.

They fixed the windshield after a 2 day delay. The car even passed their quality assurance stage and upon arriving to pick it up I found that they broke the roof molding. They did not mention it to me nor seem too concerned about fixing it when I pointed it out to them. I was then told to come back the next day to discuss it with my service rep.

After 2 weeks with no updates (I had to call the dealer for all updates) I went there today to have the piece replaced which I was told would take 30 minutes. During that time I complained to the service manager about their lackluster service and was given 2 free oil changes. Just before leaving the manager's office, the service rep comes in and states that the piece had been painted incorrectly and will have to be repainted and replaced tomorrow.

I do not recommend that anyone do any business with Huffines. If you have or intend to do so hopefully all of my incidents were just the Chevy God playing a cruel joke on me.
Dockta Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Could be bad karma to you. I bought my Camaro through them and have had nothing but good meetings with them. Even when I take my Ford Ranger in!
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Dockta Drew

I've been disappointed by most of the Chevy dealers that I have been to. The one that I purchased my car from seemed reluctant to do anything for me aside from sell me the car.

Huffines has been nothing but bad experiences. I just gave away my free oil changes too. I can steal them back and give them to you if you want.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
louperrault
Former 2010 owner :(

Drives: 2011 Siverado C/C
I am soooo glad we have GUNN here in San Antonio.....I have been doing business with them for 15yrs and wouldn't go anywhere else. So sorry to hear of your bad experience....call chevy and tell them...or wait for the survey to come in the mail
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Phoneguy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2LT
I tried buying a car from Huffines Dodge in Lewisville a few years ago and walked out there there vowing to never by a car from them. EVER. I ordered the Camaro from James Wood last year and just bought a 2010 Tahoe a month ago from them as well. Both experiences were most excellent! When we bought the Tahoe, we were in and out of there in about 2 hours with no haggling and no pressure.
Phoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneguy View Post
I tried buying a car from Huffines Dodge in Lewisville a few years ago and walked out there there vowing to never by a car from them. EVER. I ordered the Camaro from James Wood last year and just bought a 2010 Tahoe a month ago from them as well. Both experiences were most excellent! When we bought the Tahoe, we were in and out of there in about 2 hours with no haggling and no pressure.
its anything that has huffines in the name, my wife got her cobalt from huffines and so much was/is wrong with that car i cant even list it and then we tryed to trade it in at huffines dodge and the sales guy told us not to trade it in(she is upside down on it) and just buy the car she wanted and then let the bank come repo her cobalt.......who the hell tells someone to do that?!?!
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
I've had very similar problems with Champion. Not happy. On a good note I have found a better place to go.
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
Huffines1924

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
As part of the Huffines management team we are extremely distressed by any unpleasant experience that a customer may have had with our dealerships. Our goal is to have continuous improvement so we take all criticism to heart. We will take these comments and use them to train and improve our staff. We are also eager to discuss any of these complaints if the writers would be willing to call one of our General Managers directly.

Regards,

Lee Ingraham: Huffines Chevrolet and Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Plano 972-867-4000
Mike Biggers: Huffines Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Lewisville 972-538-4100
Huffines1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
Dockta Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffines1924 View Post
As part of the Huffines management team we are extremely distressed by any unpleasant experience that a customer may have had with our dealerships. Our goal is to have continuous improvement so we take all criticism to heart. We will take these comments and use them to train and improve our staff. We are also eager to discuss any of these complaints if the writers would be willing to call one of our General Managers directly.

Regards,

Lee Ingraham: Huffines Chevrolet and Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Plano 972-867-4000
Mike Biggers: Huffines Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Lewisville 972-538-4100
I appreciate your concern with my experience however the only thing I am thankful for is that the repairs have been completed and I will not have to experience that again. I was even reluctant to give away the free oil changes as I felt that I was intentionally referring someone to bad service. If you would like to discuss my experience in more detail you may send me a private message.