Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #337
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmccally View Post
Sure, I'll make a site tomorrow comparing the GT-R with the Camaro. I mean, they are in the same class- correct?

If the camaro LT or LS was any competition to the Mustang GT the 0-60 numbers wouldnt be so far fetched.

It is like Ford comparing the 2011 Mustang to the 2011 Camaro SS because the 2011 Mustang is faster than the 2011 Camaro LS and LT. Not only in HP, gas mileage, but also in weight.

Simply put it is an unfair comparison. You've taken this way to far - keep the the topic of the 5.0 Mustang. Not the advertising materials.
True

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 AM   #338
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The average person who doesn't know the Mustang GT comes with a V8 wouldn't give a $hit about muscle cars.

Next.
Yeah I agree with ya here Zeus lol. If people cared so much about MPG, then there are a lot better cars for that matter in the upper 20K price range.

But I believe the point he is trying to make is the V6 gets better gas mileage than the GT, which should be a given. If Ford made a V8 that could get better MPG than a competitor's V6, then it would be nothing less of an insult towards the competitor.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #339
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
These threads crack me up. Is it that important in your lives to prove that your vehicle of choice is better than the competition? Does it really matter? If you own it and like it, isn't that enough? Is your self worth somehow threatened if your car is proven to be inferior? I mean, REALLY. Any car has it's strengths and weaknesses and NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE ONE CAR.
The Camaro is one badass looking ride. 426 hp is awesome. That being said, the Camaro crowd should kiss the ground the Mustang drives on because, without the huge success of the '05 Mustang, I doubt you would be driving your Camaros right now. And in turn, the Mustang crowd should be immensely grateful that the Camaro came back with the engines that they have. It took Ford all of one model year to up their powerplants in the Mustang.
And the blind brand loyalty is really annoying. To think that anything your manufacturer does is better than the competition, is absurd. This goes along with the "I hate (insert car model here)". It's a freaking car. How do you hate an inanimate object? You might prefer a different model, but hate? I mean, REALLY.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #340
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Sure, I'll make a site tomorrow comparing the GT-R with the Camaro. I mean, they are in the same class- correct?

If the camaro LT or LS was any competition to the Mustang GT the 0-60 numbers wouldnt be so far fetched.

I'm talking about SALES COMPETITORS, not 0-60 competitors. That is the whole point of the advertisement and the whole subject of the comparison. The V6 Camaro advertisement is intended to ask the potential Mustang GT buyer to come in and check out the V6 Camaro and decide for themselves which car they want to buy.

There's nothing misleading about the ad as you insist, and if it matters so much to you that they compare the V8 Models then a quick check of the EPA website shows that if you change "V6" to "SS" in the advertisement then it would STILL be true because the A6 Camaro SS gets better mileage and the M6 Camaro SS is "Unsurpassed" by the 2010 Mustang GT.

Quote:
It is like Ford comparing the 2011 Mustang to the 2011 Camaro SS because the 2011 Mustang is faster than the 2011 Camaro LS and LT. Not only in HP, gas mileage, but also in weight.
They can compare them if that is the market they wish to compete against.

If they list features which they think will attract buyers in their advertisement then that's GREAT. That's exactly what you're SUPPOSED to do when you advertise. For example, Subway markets against burger restaurants all the time because they think their product is worth consideration by the same customer because it is healthier. Subway DOES NOT make burgers or Fries or pretty much anything close to the same products... yet they make LEGITIMATE POINTS in their advertisements to try and take burger joint sales away. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free country. A vastly different product CAN legitimately be compared to another if they are competing for the same dollars. This is really basic economics/advertising.

Quote:
Simply put it is an unfair comparison. You've taken this way to far - keep the the topic of the 5.0 Mustang. Not the advertising materials.
I WAS talking about the 5.0 mustang until you cam along make false accusations and then refusing to let me educate you why they are wrong. I made several attempts to get back on topic but you just kept repeating the same falsehoods over and over in response.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #341
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
These threads crack me up. Is it that important in your lives to prove that your vehicle of choice is better than the competition? Does it really matter? If you own it and like it, isn't that enough? Is your self worth somehow threatened if your car is proven to be inferior? I mean, REALLY. Any car has it's strengths and weaknesses and NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO LIKE ONE CAR.
The Camaro is one badass looking ride. 426 hp is awesome. That being said, the Camaro crowd should kiss the ground the Mustang drives on because, without the huge success of the '05 Mustang, I doubt you would be driving your Camaros right now. And in turn, the Mustang crowd should be immensely grateful that the Camaro came back with the engines that they have. It took Ford all of one model year to up their powerplants in the Mustang.
And the blind brand loyalty is really annoying. To think that anything your manufacturer does is better than the competition, is absurd. This goes along with the "I hate (insert car model here)". It's a freaking car. How do you hate an inanimate object? You might prefer a different model, but hate? I mean, REALLY.
I like you. You say what I think.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #342
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:

Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #343
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Back to pony car engine pics.

I'll say it. Straight up -- the 2011 Ford 5.0 V8 engine is a thing of beauty.

My engine bay ranking is as follows: 1.) 2011 Mustang 5.0; 2.) 2010 Camaro 6.2; 3.) 2010 Challenger Hemi 6.1

Don't like my plastic Camaro engine cover much. Don't like camel-humped Challenger intake.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #344
Captain Vlad

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
This goes along with the "I hate (insert car model here)". It's a freaking car. How do you hate an inanimate object? You might prefer a different model, but hate? I mean, REALLY.
You clearly haven't driven some of the cars I have.

Of course, that would be hating individual vehicles more than an entire type of car.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #345
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Nobody ever heard of "your mileage may vary" manufacturers numbers are so far from real life... my cars windows sticker says 15/23 mpg.. i get 26-28mpg daily on my way to work and 18-19mpg on the street... why is that? stop taking MPG numbers as solid evidence nobody drives the same exact way every time... that is just a baseline of what "they" got... just like everyone has done better ET's than manufacturers claim the car does. LEARN TO SEPERATE INTERNET FROM REALITY.

oh and happy new year
Old 01-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #346
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
My new favorite C5 member.

Now, the problem is.... IF you had just let the fire rage on I could have closed this thread.....

Instead, your silly reasonable approach is keeping this alive....

Old 01-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #347
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

I don't think I've ever said I hate Mustangs.

I just hate being told I'm wrong when the facts prove I'm right.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #348
nickmccally

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Captain everything you said was opinion based. I think the 5.0 should be interesting competition but boost concerns have me worried..
Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #349
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Captain everything you said was opinion based.
Oh.... Puh-leeeze.

Don't respond to me anymore.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #350
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
cant stand fanboys
Closed Thread