Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Phat Ralph

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Road Coarse Axle Half Shafts & CV Boots

Guys,

Looking to replace both of my axle half shafts. Both outer CV boots blew apart this past weekend at VIR.

What axles and CV boots will withstand the heat, increased grease pressure (possible boot venting), adjustable clamping on a lowered Camaro???? This car is used on a road course, seeing a lot of brake heat & high loads! Motor is stock, so high HP axles are not needed at this time unless that is the solution.

Thanks for the help!

Later
Ralph
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Give me a call,I want to go over a few things whith You call anytime
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
Guys,

Looking to replace both of my axle half shafts. Both outer CV boots blew apart this past weekend at VIR.

What axles and CV boots will withstand the heat, increased grease pressure (possible boot venting), adjustable clamping on a lowered Camaro???? This car is used on a road course, seeing a lot of brake heat & high loads! Motor is stock, so high HP axles are not needed at this time unless that is the solution.

Thanks for the help!

Later
Ralph
I'd like to know this too. So they actually popped or just leaking bad. Mine did this too. I replaced them the driver side and squeezed the hell out of the new clamps. Much better now
Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for the help!

Later
Ralph

We've had excellent results with our axles on lowered cars. We've got axles in a few drift and road course cars and they hold up great.
We can also build our Level 3 cv joints with 300m cages if your looking for the ultimate cv joints. Several options are available.
Give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Interested in this too. Minor engine mods ~ 430rwhp, lowered ~ 1", occasional road course/AutoX use, mostly street driving, no drag strip use. Still on stock early 2010 axles with no issues ( yet ) and have a set of 20 mile 2012 axles i bought cheap just in case.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
if road racing you can use the stock axles and have us do what we call a "Road package" to it. we will open them up and polish and match all internals along with using a special grease from Neo. this along with High speed boots (for the stock axles) cost is about 100.00 per axle to do this. we do this treatment for quite a few of the World Challenge cars and works very well.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
if road racing you can use the stock axles and have us do what we call a "Road package" to it. we will open them up and polish and match all internals along with using a special grease from Neo. this along with High speed boots (for the stock axles) cost is about 100.00 per axle to do this. we do this treatment for quite a few of the World Challenge cars and works very well.
Would this also be a good solution for supercharged cars? Would this work well on a daily driven car?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Driveshaftshop

yes but only if the power level is not high, it doesn't make the stronger its intension is make the last longer and hold up better. the stock axles have the hard plastic boots and have some problems with them.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
How does this work? Is it an exchange program?

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #10
Driveshaftshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
How does this work? Is it an exchange program?

sorry no, i will need a set of axles sent in to do this.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for the help!

Later
Ralph
Thanks for the order Ralph,youve made a great choice to go ahead and upgrade to a stronger axles,looking foward to meeting you
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Frank,

WHEN you guys offer the Hammerhead package, will the axles it comes with handle the rigors of road racing on a lowered car? Anxiously waiting for it's release and want to make sure the setup will hold up/is designed for this use in mind. Thanks.

Travis

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #13
Driveshaftshop

yes, all the new axles we have been making for the last 2 months have been using the Neo HCCP1 grease. it will work perfectly.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
Phat Ralph

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Thanks for the order Ralph,youve made a great choice to go ahead and upgrade to a stronger axles,looking foward to meeting you
Hendrix Engineering and DSS Thank You for the Service!

These guys took the time to answer all questions and concerns. Turned a set of Road Race axles around in a short amount of time, while getting ready for the FEST! The best thing is these guys are located in my back yard, about an hour away. Once the axles were ready I went to DSS. I can tell you one thing I was impressed walking through the door. The show room is impressive! The counter staff had my axles ready and was very informative.

During the install I had a few questions. Thomas said when I purchased them to call him anytime. So at 9pm at night gave hime a ring and left a voice mial. No more then ten minutes passed and my phone was ringing with all the answers I needed. Once again the night before the day they leave for the FEST! Great customer service!

Got them installed with no issues. Now I am back on the Track!

Thanks again guys! We will be talking soon when I need some more mods.....

Check out the Box!

Later
Ralph
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote