Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
KB 2.8LC (black/polished) from Santa aka TPE

Thanks to Jeff at Total Performance Engineering, I got a black/polished KB 2.8LC before Christmas. After months of going back and forth between Procharger & Vortech, with considerations for Whipple and KB, I ended up with the twin-screw. After very good conversations with many vendors and finally with Jeff, he twisted my arm.

I upgraded from a standard black to a black/polished KB LC combo. Because my wife was in a good mood, I went with the Dewitts radiator and Elite catch can to top off my TPE package. As I unpacked the KB boxes, I asked her, what do you think? She said, at least it's not more black boxes with knobs and lights in the entertainment room. It's black boxes with shiny metal under the hood where no one can see it...

The obligatory car pr0n pics follows.
(Excuse pic quality, I just resized it. BTW, pics does not do it justice)
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Santa was real nice to you this year!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
looks good, you may want to check your pulley size...mine came with the 4 1/8 and rubbed my hood insulation. i just recd a 3 3/4 , as i am going to squeeze more hp,, hoping to keep it about 10 boost..i ran 7-8 boost with custom tune on stock pulley with stock exhaust..now going lts..you will be happy.. btw, thanks jeff, rcd pulley yesterday..
Old 12-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
1stTimeV8r
War Damn Eagle!!

Drives: VR 2SS
Looks awesome!
Hot Wife, 2.8 KB, LS9 Cam, SPEC 3+ clutch, KW Variant 1 Coilovers, Pfadt F/R Sways, BMR Sub-Frame Connectors, BMR Tunnel Brace, LSR Performance Tri-Ax Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers, MagnaFlow 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, Fesler Dual Gauge Pod w/AutoMeter A/F & Boost, ShowStopper UnderHood Accessories.....Tuned by John@APF = 627RWHP/542RWTQ
1stTimeV8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
somebody must have been a good boy for santa to come early with a KB, it looks real good man, can't wait to see it installed and see some numbers.

peace
paul
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
sting808

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
looks good, you may want to check your pulley size...mine came with the 4 1/8 and rubbed my hood insulation. i just recd a 3 3/4 , as i am going to squeeze more hp,, hoping to keep it about 10 boost..i ran 7-8 boost with custom tune on stock pulley with stock exhaust..now going lts..you will be happy.. btw, thanks jeff, rcd pulley yesterday..
How much of the 4-1/8" pulley rubbed the insulation? I prefer no rubbing if possible. I'm not looking for more than +8 boost. I don't want to run meth and we have inconsistent 92 gas. With my headers, shouldn't it drop ~1-2 PSI?

Can't wait to install it... but it looks like next week is the earliest.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
The rubbing only happened on a few of the earlier Auto cars. KB accidently sent 4 1/8" pulleys, instead of 4". To my knowledge, everyone who had an incorrect pulley, has gotten a new one at no charge.

You dont have a 4 1/8" pulley.

Lookin Goooooood Lionel.

BTW, Are you saying Im a fat, old, white man?? Damn Man, and here I thought it was only my mirror that was screwing with me.

Members, this was over 8 months worth of reseasrch for Lionel. We went from Vortech, to Procharger, to Whipple, to KB, and back again. We have spent many many many days on the phone with each other. We were actually ordering him a Procharger. But after a few dozen more questions, Lionel decided that the KB was best suited for him. We wanted to make sure that no matter what he got, it was best for him, and his driving style.

This is the first Signature TPE Black/Polished 2.8LC on the planet. This is only the beginning of the build. Im sure, knowing Lionels need for speed, we'll be stuffing a new 416" stroker in that baby quicker than you can imagine.

So Lionel, let me know when Im grabbing a flight to Hawaii, to install this bad boy..
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
SWEET!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
SpeedySoldier

Drives: 97 z28, 03 s10-zr2
Ive got rubbing on my car and its a m6 and yes I ended up with a 4-1/8th pulley..however I didnt know I could get it replaced for free, if I had known that I wouldnt have paid the 70bucks for a new one lol
SpeedySoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
Stark

Drives: fair to good
I like the black/polished combo!
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #11
sting808

I stick by my statement, it's good enough for me. Id like to make the internals and drivetrain bullet proof just to have it that way, but I'll wait until something breaks. Since it's a semi daily driver, I do not want a cage and push more power than I will use.

I remember my first hand me down car was a 73 dart, 318 2 barrel, that I broke the diff within a year. I still have some of my dad's hot rod and motor trend mags from the 60s and wish I had those cars in high school. This is my modern take of the car I wanted in high school.

Again I'd like to thank Jeff and all the vendors that are/were very patient with me. Learning curve again after years of driving reliable domestic cars. No more timing lights, weights, jets, etc anymore.

Will post installed pics later.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
sting808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
So Lionel, let me know when Im grabbing a flight to Hawaii, to install this bad boy..
I got a Monday to Wednesday window to install. I jokingly told my wife I'd skip her families x-mas dinner to work on the car. She smirked and walked away.

I'm leary about dex cool but will end up getting a couple gallons 50/50 mix today.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
yeah jeff, no one told me it would be replced for free...oh well.. i did get my new one from you...haven,t seen ny bill.. but if its to much i,ll bitch after the holidays..lol...btw, it rubbed about 2 inces long and 18th inch wide, just at the edge of the inlaid bowtie...approx size of a large toothpick...
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
I assumed you had already had that taken care of directly from KB. You would not have gotten the one that you bought though. You would have gotten the 4" instead, and sent the old one back. So in your case, where you went with an even smaller pulley, you would have had to pay for it anyways.
Let me know when you get it back from the dyno. I'd like to see what it made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
yeah jeff, no one told me it would be replced for free...oh well.. i did get my new one from you...haven,t seen ny bill.. but if its to much i,ll bitch after the holidays..lol...btw, it rubbed about 2 inces long and 18th inch wide, just at the edge of the inlaid bowtie...approx size of a large toothpick...
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote