Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Dealer with 4 allocations for 2015 Z/28

Please PM me for details and I'll put you in touch. This dealer is in Texas and has a strict MSRP/no price-gouging policy. Even though I'd never bought a car from them before, I was first on their list and they followed through on that with a confirmed order for my 2014.

Since I'm not sure if posting information in body of this post constitutes advertising, I'll stick with the PM method...
Old 02-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Please PM me for details and I'll put you in touch. This dealer is in Texas and has a strict MSRP/no price-gouging policy. Even though I'd never bought a car from them before, I was first on their list and they followed through on that with a confirmed order for my 2014.

Since I'm not sure if posting information in body of this post constitutes advertising, I'll stick with the PM method...
One thing is becoming apparent . . . in today's economy there is no line out the door for these things.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
brt3
Runs with scissors...

This dealer had 9 allocations for 2015 and only has 3 or 4 left. I don't know about the demand, but since allocations were only announced some two weeks ago it's hard for me to judge. A lot of folks may realize they're not getting 2014s and then commit to the 2015s. It's hard to guess about this because not all people have the Car Jones so bad that they stay connected to all the details on these cars. Plus, dealers tend to lead people on, over-promise, then under-deliver. There are countless stories about dealers verbally committing to getting an allocation, but then not following through.

One thing's for sure; once the magazines start posting test numbers, a lot of folks who aren't yet aware of the Z/28 may start scrambling for cars. This seems to happen a lot, where folks who just want the latest and greatest buy themselves a new toy (and, more often than not, resell it a few months later when they realize it's too hard core for them).

Then again, what I don't know about the market for super-specialized Camaros would fill an encyclopedia (or two)...
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
Sent you a PM! Thanks
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Yes, many people do not even know about the Z28. They will sell once more come to the road.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Yes, many people do not even know about the Z28. They will sell once more come to the road.
True. Notice sites like Costco car buying or Cars.com do not even show the 2014 as a Camaro model that can be ordered. They only go up to the ZL1.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
KC Z28

Drives: 2014 Z28 on order
Thanks for posting this info i had been waiting and the dealer had no clue the email came in ..I went in today they checked and had 1 allocation for a 14 i ordered a red one !
KC Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:27 AM   #8
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Z28 View Post
Thanks for posting this info i had been waiting and the dealer had no clue the email came in ..I went in today they checked and had 1 allocation for a 14 i ordered a red one !
Very cool; IMHO getting an allocation for a 2014 feels a little like winning the lottery! With 500 allocations spread around 3,600 dealers, I was on pins and needles until I got the call from my dealer. Hope you're getting yours at MSRP; someone needs to start a poll on that one...
Old 02-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
Mikebrinda

Quote:
With the help of anther person on this board, I had to walk my dealer through their own computer for them to locate their allocation email. "Oh. Look. We have one 2014 allocation."

I wish I could have competed against such folks.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
KC Z28

Yes it was very exciting ..even though I had been waiting for this car I had no idea they would be limited until the night before I decided to check in here to see what was going on...so glad I did or I may have been slow to pull the trigger......I've bought a lot from this dealer and my co. I rarely let him make much ...He makes a lot of $$ on any rare car....I never believe in paying over...but (on a 14 ) I wasn't jacking around with this car...1st I don't want to dare chance loosing it because someone else would pay more...
Its important for me to get it from my local dealer we have a great relationship I wanted to make sure I had there attention.... I'll fess up I offered 3000 over I had an SS I felt the car was too soft of a ride and
even though I removed the exhaust it still wasn't mean enough for me...I like to drive the car...feel the road ..not the car drive me...I'm hoping this car answers all this...if it feels the way the new vette does it will be a winner.

Here is the thing the Z came out again when 3rd gens were hot i always had one...so Z28 is my dream car problem was ive never had a Lambo (everyones dream car lol )i could afford between an 09 - 12 gellardo even though maintenance is about .50 a mile its still alot of cash..
The track times pushed me over the edge on the camaro...i cant wait....

Ive seen first hand what can happen on a new generation or rare car..prople loosing what they have been waiting for and i dont want to chance another dealer i dont know messing me around.

although locally ZL1 have 6500 off it does scare me..although when it comes close to time and they are not hot my dealer wont jack me around and he will lower it when it comes in.We can worry about that when we get closer..I make alot of deals happen.

Last edited by KC Z28; 02-17-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #11
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Yes it was very exciting ..even though I had been waiting iar I had no idea they would be limited until the night before I decided to check in here to see what was going on...so glad I did or I may have been slow to pull the trigger......I've bought a lot from this dealer and my co. I rarely let him make much ...He makes a lot of $$ on any rare car....I never believe in paying over...but (on a 14 ) I wasn't jacking around with this car...1st I don't want to dare chance loosing it because someone else would pay more...
Its important for me to get it from my local dealer we have a great relationship I wanted to make sure I had there attention.... I'll fess up I offered 3000 over I had an SS I felt the car was too soft of a ride and
even though I removed the exhaust it still wasn't mean enough for me...I like to drive the car...feel the road ..not the car drive me...I'm hoping this car answers all this...if it feels the way the new vette does it will be a winner.

Here is the thing the Z came out again when 3rd gens were hot i always had one...so Z28 is my dream car problem was ive never had a Lambo (everyones dream car lol )i could afford between an 09 - 12 gellardo even though maintenance is about .50 a mile its still alot of cash..
The track times pushed me over the edge on the camaro...i cant wait....

Ive seen first hand what can happen on a new generation or rare car..prople loosing what they have been waiting for and i dont want to chance another dealer i dont know messing me around.

although locally ZL1 have 6500 off it does scare me..although when it comes close to time and they are not hot my dealer wont jack me around and he will lower it when it comes in.We can worry about that when we get closer..I make alot of deals happen.

More than a few folks posting here have said they would not pay more than MSRP, including myself, for this car or any other car. But I would add, if you have a problem that can be solved with money, you really don't have a problem.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
KC Z28

I just remember when I was a kid 18 and the 91 1le optioned camaros were on the showroom floor ..roped off...u couldn't touch....I could barely afford to drive to the dealer . I really never thought I would have a thing...Well now its my turn against all odds I'm fortunate enough to relive that moment.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #13
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
You know the 2014 Corvette Stingray sales didn't really take off until the performance numbers were out. I suspect when we see new Z28 good weather Nurburgring times and street/track performance numbers, these things will sell like hot-cakes. Wish I could afford one!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote