Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #169
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, it kind of leaves it wide open for interpretation. Hence why i'm asking. in here and in that other thread.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #170
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Financing? That could make this a reality for a lot more people!!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #171
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
BRAVO!!!
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #172
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD1 View Post
"Working on it?" Not sure what that could mean. Maybe they are setting up to accept Visa/Mastercard
Apparently they where trying to find a company that financed the kits to us. They already accept CC.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #173
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Thanks Andro. I couldn't figure out how to embed. Can you pm instructions?

As far as terrorizing, there's a couple of Mustangs........
Here's a walk through on youtube embed.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6691

that is one hell of a sweet setup.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #174
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Here's a walk through on youtube embed.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6691

that is one hell of a sweet setup.
Thank you sir. Still waiting on the goodies to dress her up real nice. Should be getting some new "shoes" soon, a pretty skirt, and a nice "front-end"...:tweetz:...lol
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #175
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
thanks for the vids. Sounds great, but I'm really curious to see dyno and track times. Maybe it's just me...but it does not seem to run like a 500 hp engine.

Good luck! I'll be reading up on your progress.
Yeah, the boost doesn't really kick-in in 1st gear much, probably around 3K or so and then only gets to about 5 psi, but second gear is pretty strong since the rpm's are already at around 3k and boost is already at 5 psi then tops at around 7 psi by about 4k. I know the boost gauge wasn't in focus. We need to get a camera mount for inside the car. Hopefully on the dyno runs we get a clearer picture of the HP/TQ curves.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #176
bng804

Drives: '10 Victory Red 2LT

I must have. My wife is gonna kill me.....
Old 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #177
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Yeah, the boost doesn't really kick-in in 1st gear much, probably around 3K or so and then only gets to about 5 psi, but second gear is pretty strong since the rpm's are already at around 3k and boost is already at 5 psi then tops at around 7 psi by about 4k. I know the boost gauge wasn't in focus. We need to get a camera mount for inside the car. Hopefully on the dyno runs we get a clearer picture of the HP/TQ curves.
Any idea of how soon you might be able to get it on a dyno??
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #178
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
This is what you've been waiting for hu??
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #179
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
You know.. I made my own camera mount. got a 5/8" copper pipe from Home Depot, line it up on the head rest, mark the areas that the bars are at, drill some holes evenly spaced and use a u-bolt, then drill another hole at the end of the pipe, and screw on a camera mount, pop some end caps on it, paint it, call it a day. works great! and costs about $15.00.

I like the piller pod you got too, cant wait to see some more videos and that dyno sheet.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #180
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Not sure. I still need to data log for Trifecta to do the fine tuning and I was waiting for the Meth/Water injection kit from STS. Didn't want to spend the $'s on 2 dyno runs. I'm checking another source to see if I can get a cheaper dyno now so I can get some numbers for everyone and do a final after everything is done. Will let you know. Thanks, Z
Old 07-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #181
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Not sure. I still need to data log for Trifecta to do the fine tuning and I was waiting for the Meth/Water injection kit from STS. Didn't want to spend the $'s on 2 dyno runs. I'm checking another source to see if I can get a cheaper dyno now so I can get some numbers for everyone and do a final after everything is done. Will let you know. Thanks, Z
Z,

You tried RAD Motorports in Waipahu they have a dyno? Don't know if he is still in buisness. I use to work with the owner.

Andro
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #182
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Z I noticed you're fogs are on with your headlights and they look like HID units vs the the faux fogs...er DRLs. Who makes those? And is the install something a know nothing can do? Sorry for the sidetrack but they look awesome. And of course the car sounds amazing. Christmas bonus can't come soon enough. Wife wants a boat or wave runners-it's gonna get interesting. LOL.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote