Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-06-2014, 03:26 AM   #1
lubenpat

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Supercharger?

I just got a 2014 Camaro 1LT in January and I am looking to get a supercharger or a turbo kit in the next few months. I am also a little car retarded and am not sure what exactly I should get.
lubenpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
You should buy the IPS/Fabberge Twin Turbo kit!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, IPS offers a twin turbo kit, as does Fabberge. IPF makes a supercharger kit.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
IPF is the only brand I would consider...all others are a mess.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Shhh!! We're trying to get more people to buy the twin turbo kit so we can get more reviews!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The IPF Supercharger kit has been out for awhile and so far seems to stand the test of mileage. Being a 2014 you should have no trouble tuning this setup.
For me being in in New England and this being my almost daily driver I wanted a kit that would also get washed with road chemicals during the winter time. The dual turbos leave a lot of hardware exposed and most of these kits were developed with warmer areas in mind.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
The IPF Supercharger kit has been out for awhile and so far seems to stand the test of mileage. Being a 2014 you should have no trouble tuning this setup.
For me being in in New England and this being my almost daily driver I wanted a kit that would also get washed with road chemicals during the winter time. The dual turbos leave a lot of hardware exposed and most of these kits were developed with warmer areas in mind.
Thats a good point but I dont really drive mine in bad weather anyway.. and I would love all the torque this kit seems to put out, thats the only thing about the ipf kit it might make close to 400 hp but torqur isnt that high.. and we need torque! But if I had to spend my money today I would definitely go with ipf kit just for the reliability factor and all the miles ppl have on them.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
Nutbutt

Absolutely right on torque. The twin turbos will give more. Surprising a bigger company hasn't come out with a whipple for the LFX yet considering there are tuning available.
I don't drive mine in bad weather it's just amazing the chemicals left on the road that gets kicked up.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
The IPF supercharger is also has sealed bearings. meaning oil is selfcontaining. The oil doesn't have to be fed by a pump.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
Rakito
Thunderfury

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS M6 1/205
I'm glad someone posted this thread. My friend and I have been discussing if we want to Supercharge or Turbo our car (I have a LLT Engine 2011 and he drives a 2014 Mustang V6 so TT isnt available for him and a little out of reach for my engine with tuning issues atm). We're both using them as daily drivers and as VA wants to be bi-polar as shit weather is an issue here even if we keep our cars super clean. I generally know SC vs Single Turbo SC can give a little more low-end torque (depending on car) but Turbo is easier to get the more HP w/ a tune and psi increase.

Any thoughts on what we should do? We're in an agreement if one gets FI we would get the same FI.
"Thunderfury"

Old Car:
"Blu Bee"
2011 Camaro LS Imperial Blue
HURST Short-Throw M6
--You will be missed good buddy--
Rakito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
A turbo will make more low end torque than a centrifugal super charger. You won't see a whipple/roots kit from the bigger companies to to the fact it won't clear the stock hood.
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:

You looked at IPF record lately with the revamps on their kits that have had to be made? IPS the only turbo company out but also has built theirs without any issues other than tuning for the LLT. And they tuned their LLT build perfectly to this day. Not picking sides just stating facts.

Turbos all day long as you can adjust the power on the fly with the turn of a knob or button.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Bad statement I had less problems than most ipf guys and hps were not saints by no means... not knocking ipf by no means either. But the truth is with any Fi you have to pay to play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
Nutbutt

I totally agree that with any FI system you have to pay to play.
The only issues with the IPF SC kit was the idler bearing problem which was fixed by IPF. There are other changes to the kit that people have done to improve on the system, as I have. But the kit as delivered does what's its suppose to do. I have done FI updates to other cars and there are always tweaks that were done. A lot of R&D $ goes into oem hardware before it ever hits the street in a test vehicle.