Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #393
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
PTC sent me a new trans and converter, no questions asked lol.
Awesome!!

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #394
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
deciding to edit my original opinion since i dont know exactly both sides.

Last edited by Camper; 05-08-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #395
Z69

Drives: ZL1 ,TT 03 cobra,69 camaro
One thing is for sure I will not ever use AES, and I will make sure every one I know doesnt buy there stuff
Z69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #396
Aesracing

Drives: Pro mod corvette
Justin we never told you to kick rocks once again every piece of paper work all your invoicing and estimates say 4 inch stroke crank with the proper part numbers and descriptions. You said you caught it had a 24 tooth reluctor but just simply read over the fact it said Callie's dragon slayer 4.000 stroke crank with 24 tooth reluctor I find that hard to believe. We have went above and beyond to try and help you get your engine fixed for something we had nothing to do with. We told you where to get the crank fixed that's 2 weeks out not 3 months. We offer to try and hunt a crank down for you but you waited till the last minute to get this stuff handled. Why did the next shop not measure the pistons compression height and the crank says 4.000 right on the front. i no the first thing i do when i get a broken engine is measure everything to get an accurate assessment of what the engine is this engine has been out for how long and it's just getting addressed now. If there was a miscommunication I apologize but every bit of hard evidence shows 4 inch stroke crankshaft. I could have repaired this engine and had it back to you for probably a 1/4 of what your paying now and with in a couple weeks.Remember after we found out it was the transmission that took out the thrust we still offered to take care off all the machine work for free. So telling you to kick rocks is hardly the case. You have yet to provide an email, invoice, estimate or anything to suggest you we're getting a 370 and not a 408
Aesracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #397
stangkilr

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Waited till the last minute to get this stuff done?! WTF! My engine would have been done had I known I had a 408. I never got any estimates only an invoice via email when the motor shipped. No paper work with the motor or anything. I thought I was getting and had a 370 because thats what I ordered! I am selling this damn thing once I get it put together because ITS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. You guys did offer to help me out on getting it fixed. That is awesome of you guys. I am not going to have you guys fix something for me that you shouldnt have to. Not AES's fault that my engine failed. If I thought I had a 408 why would I post other wise? Why would I purchase a stock crank to get my engine back together while waiting on mine to get fixed? I am not pissed off about anything other than I did not get what I ordered. I dont understand why its so hard to understand why I am frustraited here. After telling you on the phone that the 408 is not what I had ordered you didnt do anything other than say well the invoice said 4" stroke. That is awesome. Still doesnt resolve anything.
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #398
Aesracing

What is it you would like us to do for you?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #399
stangkilr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesracing View Post
Take this 408 back and send me a refund.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #400
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Far more than come on a public website and try to dispute his fact with criticism. The fact that it has come to this point is an embrassement to customer satisfaction. I work in the hospitality industry and if it came to this point than I failed myself, my staff, the customer, and most likely my mission statement for the company.

end rant.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #401
Aesracing

I'm sorry but I cannot provide a refund on a engine that you have blown up I mean that it's completely unfair considering what has happened if you want some help on parts for the 370 I can provide that if you want to send me the old pistons I will provide you with new pistons for your 370 the rods are the same length so can be used. I understand you are out a lot of money but to try and give me back a engine that you broke and want a refund is very unresonable
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #402
Aesracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Far more than come on a public website and try to dispute his fact with criticism. The fact that it has come to this point is an embrassement to customer satisfaction. I work in the hospitality industry and if it came to this point than I failed myself, my staff, the customer, and most likely my mission statement for the company.

end rant.
He has come on here and bash my company and provided half the story so I wanted to present the other side of the story. With what has gone on there is hardly any criticism in what I posted.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #403
stangkilr

Quote:
He has come on here and bash my company and provided half the story so I wanted to present the other side of the story. With what has gone on there is hardly any criticism in what I posted.
What is the other side of the story? This is where I am lost. I did not get what I asked for. BOTTOM line. The only way I found out was after my thrust bearing was torn up and had to fix the engine. I called you guys and you told me you could send me a crank out of a broken motor that might work or have my crank sent off to be fixed. Doesnt fix the problem of you sending me a motor that was not as I requested. My engine is fixed besides the crank that needs fixed. You asked what would make me happy and at this point all I want is what I payed for.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #404
Aesracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
What is the other side of the story? This is where I am lost. I did not get what I asked for. BOTTOM line. The only way I found out was after my thrust bearing was torn up and had to fix the engine. I called you guys and you told me you could send me a crank out of a broken motor that might work or have my crank sent off to be fixed. Doesnt fix the problem of you sending me a motor that was not as I requested. My engine is fixed besides the crank that needs fixed. You asked what would make me happy and at this point all I want is what I payed for.
This is just going in circle basically you got what you were invoiced for but not what you wanted I understand that but you seem to think you have no responsibility for anything. I cannot provide you a refund for a engine which you blew up I'm sorry. If you want help on something like parts etc i can do that which I have expressed over the phone also to you. Whatever I can do to help you get the 408 or 370 together I will.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #405
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sounds like AES is ready to bend over backwards to help get you on the road again...personally i would take them up on it. shit happens, mistakes get made, move past it. get this car back on the road...because its awesome
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #406
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong