Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #155
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Seeing Andy approves this kit is huge. Since he is so perfectionist and only puts his name on good/great products, it gives this kit a nice sponsorship.

I've used AGP products and dealt with Kevin and Ben and I highly recommend the company as well.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #156
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Seeing Andy approves this kit is huge. Since he is so perfectionist and only puts his name on good/great products, it gives this kit a nice sponsorship.

I've used AGP products and dealt with Kevin and Ben and I highly recommend the company as well.
same
agreed great guys
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #157
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion427 View Post
Been looking at the pic of the kit that was posted.
looks nice.
1 thing that I'm not sure of.Might be a stupid question.
Theirs 2 pieces that looks like scoops or heat shields.Bigger than your hand.Just wanted to make sure what they were.
Scoops for cold air for the air filters. 99% sure on that.

Other cool features is the upper pipe is ready for meth, IAT sensors, etc. Oil pump is OEM from a turbo porsche. They also give you a timer that pumps the oil out of the turbos for 30 seconds after you shut the car off so no puffs of oil on start up. Kit comes with 85lb injectors. Comes with a catch can, zr1 map sensor. Comes with plugs. Comes with zl1 or MSD BAP. Of course your friendly Camaro 5 vendor of your choice can get tuner kits and do something like ADM duals and ID1000s for the 1000+hp everyone wants sooner or later.

Other dealers are catching on. Should be able to get this from your favorite vendor.

Don't quote me but I think JRE and RPM are getting set up too. In fact I think they shipped a kit to Ted last week.

Another great thing, they are on the shelf. Takes a day or two to ship it to FSP/ADM/CPR/JRE/RPM/CMS. Actually Joe@CPR can probably get one same day since he is 2 miles away from their shop.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #158
Motion427
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post

Other cool features is the upper pipe is ready for meth, IAT sensors, etc. Oil pump is OEM from a turbo porsche. They also give you a timer that pumps the oil out of the turbos for 30 seconds after you shut the car off so no puffs of oil on start up. Kit comes with 85lb injectors. Comes with a catch can, zr1 map sensor. Comes with plugs. Comes with zl1 or MSD BAP. Of course your friendly Camaro 5 vendor of your choice can get tuner kits and do something like ADM duals and ID1000s for the 1000+hp everyone wants sooner or later.

Other dealers are catching on. Should be able to get this from your favorite vendor.

Don't quote me but I think JRE and RPM are getting set up too. In fact I think they shipped a kit to Ted last week.

Another great thing, they are on the shelf. Takes a day or two to ship it to FSP/ADM/CPR/JRE/RPM/CMS. Actually Joe@CPR can probably get one same day since he is 2 miles away from their shop.

Your gonna make me spend my hard earned Canadian money.

I already received a quote from a vendor for a normal kit.
But I think I would go with ID injectors and a dual pump setup instead.
Motion427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #159
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:

Like I said a few pages back,I anticipate we will sell more of these kits than any other vendor out there.

If you want it the ADM way than that means you must bring it to us to get refined the way we do things....Be sure to watch this build -http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283673 - to see what I am talking about.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #160
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
any eta on there instructions?
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #161
Unreal

Probably this week. Then again anyone with basic skills should be able to figure it out. Nothing special needed.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #162
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

Your the TMZ of Camaro5

You are Correct My friend.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #163
Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Your the TMZ of Camaro5

You are Correct My friend.
That is because I saw them packing the kit. Like I said, AGP is my goto place for lunch these days since I work down the street. Kevin/Ben/Cort are just too cool to not go hang out with as much as possible.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #164
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by killmode_on View Post
Wow. That's pretty darn impressive for a stock cam. It would probably gain 75-100hp at the same boost with just a cam swap.
75-100, a 10% increase at the tire in power output?

Be one hell of a cam!

We need a TT car shoot out
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #165
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
75-100, a 10% increase at the tire in power output?

Be one hell of a cam!
7% LS3 give or take
20% L99 give or take
seen L99 go from 550 to 667 with cam & port
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #166
Levischilz

what size is the exhaust flange 2.5 or 3 for this kit? Also anyone know what BOV they use?
Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #167
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levischilz View Post
what size is the exhaust flange 2.5 or 3 for this kit? Also anyone know what BOV they use?
Great question... 3" V-Band this aids huge to spool up time and power output.

Tial Q BOV, branded for AGP

They can setup the kit for stock pipe connection with 2.5" off of the 3" VBand flange OR they can do it with 3" off of it. We have them make the connection pipe a little bit longer so we can cut to fit it per different exhausts
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #168
Levischilz

Ok nice, was hoping for 3" for less back pressure and spooling. Tial Q is nice. Was the complete kit a can tune? I assume it should go to a tuner/dyno. Debating tuner kit vs complete but injectors are not cheap anyway and I dont plan to play in the 700+ range for some time.