Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
LuisTorres10

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Question After burn Taillights!!

I bought some afterburn taillights from AAC Style. All I need to do is get them installed, but theres the problem, very one keeps quoting me 400 to install them saying that its a "headache and I'm gonna be coming back to put more glue on the light" im guessing because it falls off?

Does anybody know a good place to get them installed in Southern California? If so please tell me where?

Thanks!!
LuisTorres10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
lilwarrenb

Drives: Synergy Green Special Edition
Afterburner Tail Lights

I also am ordering the afterburner kit. I have no problem with the installation of the led's. the cutting, sealing etc: My only question is where do I hook up the wires. I dont wanna mess around for hours trying to figure out the correct wiring. Any help would be appreciated.
lilwarrenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
i also thinking about this lights , because i get boring frome waiting the sequintial led taillights to be availlable in stock fome months ago , so , i need to know how to connect the wire and to where or to wich wire exactly..

and there are two type of this lights , one is SMD and the other is ??? can any one show the different between them with pic plz ?

thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
i also thinking about this lights , because i get boring frome waiting the sequintial led taillights to be availkable in stock fome months , so , i'm asking about how to install this one also , i need to know how to connect the wire and to where or to wich wire exactly..

and there are two type of this lights , one is SMD and the other is ? can any one show the differnt with pic plz ?

thanks
the other is CCFL, mine are CCFL, they are a glowing tube, where as SMD's are LEDs. SMD's produce a harder more defined light.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwarrenb View Post
I also am ordering the afterburner kit. I have no problem with the installation of the led's. the cutting, sealing etc: My only question is where do I hook up the wires. I dont wanna mess around for hours trying to figure out the correct wiring. Any help would be appreciated.
When you buy the afterburner kit it comes with wiring instructions. Its very easy, just tapping into two wires for each side.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Don't you have to cut a wire on the tail light plug to get rid of the running light? That is one of the biggest reasons I haven't done them. I don't want to cut the wire in case I ever wanted to go back to stock.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
Captain McFunk
Break Necks, Cash Checks

Drives: 2010 black Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Don't you have to cut a wire on the tail light plug to get rid of the running light? That is one of the biggest reasons I haven't done them. I don't want to cut the wire in case I ever wanted to go back to stock.
You just cut a prong on the bulb, not the wiring. If anything you'd just replace the bulb.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
You just cut a prong on the bulb, not the wiring. If anything you'd just replace the bulb.
correct, just cutting one of the grounds on the bulb. That and they are halogen bulbs so wouldn't even be expensive to replace.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
wow 400 to install dam! im around 280, not really all that hard, no harder than cutting open the fog lights to do the install, with the correct tools its pretty simple even sealing them back up is easy but i have a trick or 2 but shhhhhh lol. luis feel free to ship em over upsp is 15bucks flat rate!
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
DO U HAVE ANY PIC FOR YOUR CAR WITH LIGHTS ON ?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
DO U HAVE ANY PIC FOR YOUR CAR WITH LIGHTS ON ?