Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #155
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
Maybe I'm not tracking all this but it doesn't seem too difficult to be replaced. Why is it taking so much time in why do you need a drill Pull out the bushings replacing with a better bushings And put it back in. So what am I missing? Whenever I install the shifter to me lil less than 30 minutes to do it.
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #156
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
You need a drill to bernish finish fit the the existing pin to the new bushing

The new bushing is an olzite metal material

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 AM   #157
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by montej23 View Post
Maybe I'm not tracking all this but it doesn't seem too difficult to be replaced. Why is it taking so much time in why do you need a drill Pull out the bushings replacing with a better bushings And put it back in. So what am I missing? Whenever I install the shifter to me lil less than 30 minutes to do it.
I can take out the shifter and replace with the crappy Hurst bushings in less than 1hr. But these bushings require a few extra step and depending on the size of your cross pin, it may take longer to burnish.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #158
montej23

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro
Hmm ok thank ypu all for the info, i know i have alot of side to side play in the hurst shifter so id like to fix that. Please pm me the price for the fix to 73026
montej23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #159
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
you need to PM NH-SS for purchase details.

Thats what is stated up in the thread..
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #160
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
Got my bushing installed last night. Great job on the bushings man. Very little movement from side to side. Shifting is cleaner and smother. Thanks for putting out a quality product.
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #161
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Installed it today. Boy was burnishing a PAIN. It took me 3 hours to do both bushings. It was a slooooow process.

1. Make sure you have a 1/2" drill. I have a 3/8" drill(very common) and the cross pin would not fit into the teeth of it. I had to pick up a cheap one from OSH.
Nessal, maybe we have different size cross pins or something. Burnishing my bushings was a piece of cake. I put the small end of the cross pin (the part that would be outside of the clip) right in my 3/8" drill without any problem, I lubed up the pin and the bushings with some synthetic grease, and as I applied some pressure with the pin spinning against the bushing it slowly went it. I went back and forth for a good 2 minutes on both sides and it was done. It was a superb tight "slip-fit" with very little resistance. It's weird how some people are having difficulties with these bushing and some aren't. Either way, glad you got it finished and are happy with your results.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #162
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
I didn't realize that Hurst was having this problem with their shifters until after I ordered one on Monday night. My shifter is supposed to be delivered today...

Anyone heard if Barton is having this same issue? I'm working with the place I bought my shifter from to see if I can just return the Hurst for a Barton since this problem...

Thanks
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #163
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
I have an unopened set of these available for sale, just fyi. I bought them from NH-SS before we knew that these only work on the aftermarket Hurst and not the factory version.

PM for details. Selling at a small loss.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #164
odpterror4
Combat Arms, USAF

Drives: Victory Red-2010 Camaro 2SS
Higgs Boson....I'll take them and I'm local! I PMed you the number so you can call or text me to set up a meeting. Thanks bud

Kooks headers/exhaust Rotofab CAI 22' Doningtons
Alpine with metra kit screens in the headrest

odpterror4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #165
txgoose

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS
So I just came back from my local Chevy dealer and they told me that they had no number for the dowel pin that goes between the shift linkage and the transmission linkage. Any numbers or ideas? I have access to a machine shop but would rather buy the GM part.
txgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #166
nighttrain

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
These are great just got done installing them difference is night and day.
nighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #167
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I finally got around to installing my bushings today! It was a real PITA, no matter what anyone here says! I had to really work at removing the assembly from the mount to the point of using a mallet to "tap" it out! Then the burnishing took some time but not too bad for the first time ever doing that! Re-install went pretty smooth except for getting the bushings to line up inside the fork, pretty tight fit! All in all the precision fit was excellent which is why it was a slow process. Good job OP on machining these bushings. The original nylon bushings I removed had very noticable wear and any longer may have just outright failed! I had about 3/4" play before and now it's about 1/4". Feels very nice and firm now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #168
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgoose View Post
So I just came back from my local Chevy dealer and they told me that they had no number for the dowel pin that goes between the shift linkage and the transmission linkage. Any numbers or ideas? I have access to a machine shop but would rather buy the GM part.
looks like it is serviced with the assembly